fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 02:14:22 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

If we could any player from the last 5 years to this team, who would you pick?

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If we could any player from the last 5 years to this team, who would you pick?  (Read 696 times)
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« on: June 23, 2017, 11:53:30 am »

I think that adding a defensive playmaker is exactly what we need. Hodge gets my vote.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2017, 12:01:15 pm »

I think that adding a defensive playmaker is exactly what we need. Hodge gets my vote.

Fun question.  Tough to argue against Hodge, agreed.  Others in the mix would be any of the WR trio of Tebucky, Wetzel or Ajala.  Mayweather, Slate or Biestek can be arguably in the mix but I think I'd agree with you on Hodge.  Patrick Murray (5 years or no?) would likely get a vote or two too.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2017, 10:10:03 pm »

Murray, what a great kicker!
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2017, 08:42:55 am »

Nebrich.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2017, 08:50:40 am »

Nebrich.

Can't believe it took that long to hear this name! That kid was a warrior, man. Played with two bad knees and played well. Anderson has been very good for us, but Nebrich was great.

What about Ian Williams? That guy was a ball hawk and defined our bend but don't break defense. Saved us over and over again.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2017, 09:10:01 am »

Can't believe it took that long to hear this name! That kid was a warrior, man. Played with two bad knees and played well. Anderson has been very good for us, but Nebrich was great.

What about Ian Williams? That guy was a ball hawk and defined our bend but don't break defense. Saved us over and over again.
no question he's a warrior and would be first (or one of) out of the box if the question was 'who were our best players of the last 5 years' but I read the question as what player from the last five years would help us address an area of need on this year's squad?  Anderson may not be Nebrich but he's a helluva QB imo and it's definitely not an area of need.  Sort of like how I think Koonce would be in the conversation for top players in the last five years but you'd never say he'd be the guy you'd bring back since we have Chase. 

For that reason I agree that Ian Williams should definitely be in either convo imo. 

Great conversation either way though. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ram 83
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2017, 09:28:33 am »

Nebrich.

1000%.  QB is the most important position on the field, and he's the best QB we've had since Skelton.  Not a knock on Kevin Anderson at all, but this offense would be unstoppable with Nebrich.  It may be unstoppable without him!
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 27, 2017, 12:34:13 pm »

i know that skelton had a good amount of talent (his brother, jason caldwell etc) but I cant even imagine his legitimately elite arm slinging it deep to tebucky jones, junior year sam ajala, and wetzel.

This hypothetical is usually followed with "and imagine if skelton had moorhead"

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2017, 02:51:10 pm »

no question he's a warrior and would be first (or one of) out of the box if the question was 'who were our best players of the last 5 years' but I read the question as what player from the last five years would help us address an area of need on this year's squad?  Anderson may not be Nebrich but he's a helluva QB imo and it's definitely not an area of need.  Sort of like how I think Koonce would be in the conversation for top players in the last five years but you'd never say he'd be the guy you'd bring back since we have Chase. 

For that reason I agree that Ian Williams should definitely be in either convo imo. 

Great conversation either way though. 

good points!
Report Spam   Logged
NewGuy76
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2017, 03:59:59 pm »

2013 Neibrich, 2013 Sam Ajala, 2013 Levon Williams, Hodge, 2015 Odom
Report Spam   Logged
jimbo65
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2017, 04:27:54 pm »

Can't remember his name but he was a slot receiver who, while he was not fast, very quick and elusive. Scored many  tds. Great player. Reminded me of Welker from the Pats
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2017, 06:00:35 pm »

Can't remember his name but he was a slot receiver who, while he was not fast, very quick and elusive. Scored many  tds. Great player. Reminded me of Welker from the Pats
  Brian Wetzel, although he was pretty quick
Report Spam   Logged
J-Sal
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2017, 11:36:22 am »

Forget the last 5 years.  Just gimme Justin Vaughn from last year's team and I'd feel way better about our DL (to me this team's only weakness) as we head to Army!
Report Spam   Logged
Ram Rhythm
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2017, 11:07:16 am »

Can we clone Chase and have 2 of him?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: