fordhamfans.com
September 20, 2017, 07:56:42 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Early Prediction/ Vegas/ Army-Rams

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Early Prediction/ Vegas/ Army-Rams  (Read 903 times)
dajr
Freshman

View Profile
« on: June 29, 2017, 04:33:03 pm »

Saw Army as 14.5 favorites Sept 1.   Will be there to see Rams perform well and hopefully pull out a victory.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Madram
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2017, 12:17:33 pm »

Unfortunately for us , Army is on the upswing and is loaded on offense this year. Will be tough to stop
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2017, 02:12:26 pm »

Unfortunately for us , Army is on the upswing and is loaded on offense this year. Will be tough to stop

Agreed. 

What we have going for us is that our O should be better than it was when we beat them in '15.  It will all fall into the lap of our new Defensive coaches.  That same season that we had so much difficulty stopping Army's attack, John Bowes' Bucknell team held them to 21.  I remember watching that game and they played much, much better than we did on D.  Hope he can help transfer enough of that gameplan to make it stick. 

That said, they're favorites for a reason and I do think they'll be very, very tough to stop (memories of 0-55). 
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2017, 03:01:55 pm »

Agreed. 

What we have going for us is that our O should be better than it was when we beat them in '15.  It will all fall into the lap of our new Defensive coaches.  That same season that we had so much difficulty stopping Army's attack, John Bowes' Bucknell team held them to 21.  I remember watching that game and they played much, much better than we did on D.  Hope he can help transfer enough of that gameplan to make it stick. 

That said, they're favorites for a reason and I do think they'll be very, very tough to stop (memories of 0-55). 

I'm not worried about our offense. I think we'll score. The fear is whether or not we can stop them. I'm excited to see how this defense has developed. I've always felt its been our "weak" point but that only means there's still room to get better.

Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2017, 12:43:15 pm »

Agreed. 

Good call on John Bowes experience against them  PA Ram.   

I think we'll give them a very tough game.

Monken has been recruiting well and they have looked good at the prep level
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2017, 03:24:44 pm »

Agreed. 

Our defense and Bucknell's defense gave up almost the exact same amount of total yardage to the Cadets.  Bucknell just kept them out of the end zone more than us.

Hopefully that is one thing that Bowes can implement here with us.  Bending but not breaking is good by me.  Giving up 550 total yards to Navy last year can't happen again.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2017, 03:51:01 pm by Ram-Spouse » Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Man
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2017, 09:39:16 am »

Our defense and Bucknell's defense gave up almost the exact same amount of total yardage to the Cadets.  Bucknell just kept them out of the end zone more than us.

Hopefully that is one thing that Bowes can implement here with us.  Bending but not breaking is good by me.  Giving up 550 total yards to Navy last year can't happen again.

I am taking the points.  and we win in a barn burner down the stretch.

We won't give up 500 yards to them.  Their QB is not a good passer and they have no experience at receiver this year.  The Poe brothers are gone.  The key is we must stop their fullbacks.  They are good.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2017, 09:48:09 am »

We'll score a lot of points, but that could also end up hurting us. We're a high powered offense that can score fast and I'm perfectly happy with that. I just hope we can squeeze in a few sustained drives to keep their offense off the field and to get our defense some time to breathe.

I can't wait!
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Man
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2017, 09:53:14 am »

We'll score a lot of points, but that could also end up hurting us. We're a high powered offense that can score fast and I'm perfectly happy with that. I just hope we can squeeze in a few sustained drives to keep their offense off the field and to get our defense some time to breathe.

I can't wait!

me neither, I can't wait.  I think our Off line with give Kevin the time he needs and Chase the holes that he can run through.

How far is Buffalo Soldier Field from the stadium.  Walkable?
Report Spam   Logged
BeatNavy
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2017, 10:33:16 am »

How far is Buffalo Soldier Field from the stadium.  Walkable?

Definitely, it's only about half a mile.  It's uphill though.  Shuttle buses do go from BSF to Michie.

Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2017, 11:33:03 am »

Very uphill walk, give yourself 20+ minutes, and time to stop at the gift shop. Walk downhill is easy. No need to rush out, wait 30 minutes, use the Latrine, the traffic getting out is bad. Listen to WFUV or the USMA post game show.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: