fordhamfans.com
July 20, 2017, 08:34:21 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Kicker Andrew Mevis - Freshman Season

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kicker Andrew Mevis - Freshman Season  (Read 460 times)
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« on: July 08, 2017, 11:39:28 am »

Andrew Mevis  Fr.  PK 5-11 190 Warsaw, Ind. / Warsaw Community

Recall that the highest rated commit we got this off season was strong legged kicker Andrew Mevis.   He's been consistently ranked in the top 15 nationally.  He's an UnderAmour All American and a Kohl's Kicker Top contender

Here's a reminder of what we have from this good sized kicker

http://usatodayhss.com/2016/unbelievable-weapon-andrew-mevis-receives-under-armour-all-america-jersey.

RD  Wink... I think he's looking to steal the job from anyone claiming it! 
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2017, 01:33:41 pm »

So awesome.  We've had the pleasure of watching some great kickers here over the past few years.  It's such an important weapon.  I didn't open the link.  Does he punt too?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2017, 03:31:37 pm »

So awesome.  We've had the pleasure of watching some great kickers here over the past few years.  It's such an important weapon.  I didn't open the link.  Does he punt too?

Part of me has been wondering if Medlock could pint because he punted in high school where he,  according to his bio, "Earned Class 8A-7A Second-Team All-State honors as a punter in 2012."

That said, the article says, "Behind his strong leg, Mevis also put almost all his kickoff attempts into the endzone and also has been stellar with directional punting."
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
dajr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2017, 10:57:08 am »

True, we have been blessed over the years with some excellent kickers, speaking of which, see that Pat Murray was invited to Saints tryout.
 Hope he catches on somewhere.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 10, 2017, 02:23:52 pm »

Part of me has been wondering if Medlock could pint because he punted in high school where he,  according to his bio, "Earned Class 8A-7A Second-Team All-State honors as a punter in 2012."

That said, the article says, "Behind his strong leg, Mevis also put almost all his kickoff attempts into the endzone and also has been stellar with directional punting."

I don't know anything about Medlocks punting ability, but in my experience a lot of times really good QBs/other skill guys will get honors as another special team position (they usually are complete athletes anyway and are probably good punters/kickers) because someone else got honors at QB.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: