fordhamfans.com
November 22, 2017, 05:09:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Ivan Raut signs with Fordham

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivan Raut signs with Fordham  (Read 2243 times)
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2017, 11:27:52 am »

Sounds on point. That turnover/3 and d concoction will create problems for many teams, just as it did last year. Guard play will be up a notch possibly two tiers if Havsa makes another leap. IMO, the development of Chuba will be the difference of a 12-win or 16-win group.

Sorry to hype Evans, I just have a feeling he's the real McCoy. I'm buying Evans/Hicks stock, aggressively. Evans arrival is good news for Chartouny's pro career to come, and I think he was sold on that.

Overall, optimistic about this roster and expect a cluster of W's before conference play - and we better, this A10 is not d***ing around in 2018.

I'm buying Pekarek's stock as an undervalued asset that could produce juicy returns in the 7-10 ppg area. I am also very long Tre " Jack Gibbs" Evans and Havsa. 15-16 wins my opinion. Signlam sleeper
Report Spam   Logged
ram64
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2017, 12:10:35 pm »

I Signlam sleeper
Saglam real "sleeper" since he is no longer listed on roster.
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2017, 12:19:10 pm »

Saglam real "sleeper" since he is no longer listed on roster.

He was walk on wasn't he?  Guess he sleeping.
Report Spam   Logged
alanccrx
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2017, 12:26:26 pm »

He was walk on wasn't he?  Guess he sleeping.
Walked away...
Report Spam   Logged
RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2017, 01:30:34 pm »

...Sleep walking....
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2017, 03:22:36 pm »

I'm buying Pekarek's stock as an undervalued asset that could produce juicy returns in the 7-10 ppg area. I am also very long Tre " Jack Gibbs" Evans and Havsa. 15-16 wins my opinion. Signlam sleeper

Copying my Evans love and my win total, shameful.

But i may steal that Pekarek call...wasn't a Pekarek fan, but could buy into a comeback that buries a bad 2nd year...kind of like that...
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2017, 12:30:48 am »

Looks like next year turns on (1) injuries and (2) coaching. And I'm not worried about the coaching.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 14, 2017, 08:47:10 am »

Next year is intriguing. Havsa showed incredible flashes at times last year.....with a bit of flair....but very small snippets, even smaller for Bunting but as Drunkle points out the metrics, they are very solid.

Ohams to me is the most important player. He has already proven he can play D and rebound in the A-10. He develops on O, we could be real solid. While I agree that injuries are key, cutting down on the fouling will be equally as important. Gotta coach up for how they call the ticky tacs on the bigs in this league. Thats a big task for Coach Crawford because his animal defense is predicated on the bigs helping out up top with their length but the refs in the A-10 call those fouls if a big even breathes on a guard.

Hopefully, Raut is the shooting small forward we so desperately need.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2017, 09:03:06 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 14, 2017, 09:23:07 am »

The further removed we are from the season, the more we tend to forget how challenged the team was of offense. As thankful as I am for the contributions that AA, CS, and Hawk made to the program, they were centerpieces in a team that ranked 307th in country on offense. We were painful to watch. On offense I can't imagine we won't be better. I actually think we will be considerably better despite the loss of the 3 pieces because we will take better care of the ball and shoot better.

On defense, the loss of CS is a positive but AA and Hawk will need to be replaced. I wouldn't be surprised if we take a small step back on that side of the court but the improvement in offense should more than make up for that.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 14, 2017, 10:24:58 am »

Not just offense but we need to replace clutch offense. Down the stretch, Hawkins and AA were money.  Hicks will be crucial to step up with some leadership and offense. Lot of question marks but a few pieces (Bunting, Havsa, Ohams) that look like they have the potential to be promising. Then again, a lot of players look promising in July!
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 14, 2017, 11:20:26 am »

Not just offense but we need to replace clutch offense. Down the stretch, Hawkins and AA were money.  Hicks will be crucial to step up with some leadership and offense. Lot of question marks but a few pieces (Bunting, Havsa, Ohams) that look like they have the potential to be promising. Then again, a lot of players look promising in July!

Just commenting on thread about Hawkins contract in Finland, and noticed how big he was in the big wins.  22 points and 6 boards against VCU on 8-14.  20 against Rhodey on only 8 FG attempts, with 9 boards.  17 points and 9 boards in the Davidson win.  Bad as we were on offense, we still need to replace that.  As VTRAM says hopefully we cut down on TOs.  And need some outside magic.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: