fordhamfans.com
November 22, 2017, 05:06:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

JaVontae Hawkins signs pro basketball contract in Finland

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: JaVontae Hawkins signs pro basketball contract in Finland  (Read 371 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« on: July 13, 2017, 03:24:57 pm »

Good for him.

http://www.mlive.com/sports/flint/index.ssf/2017/07/flints_javontae_hawkins_signs.html

Note: Hawkins was recently spotlighted on ESPN SportsCenter's Top 10 Plays this month for posterizing two defenders with a vicious jam with the Tampa Bulls (USF Alumni) squad during The Basketball Tournament (TBT).

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball

Social Buttons

alanccrx
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2017, 04:10:23 pm »

Best Wishes for a very successful professional career.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2017, 12:26:16 am »

Best Wishes for a very successful professional career.

Seconded. This young man played with a lot of verve and heart last year. I wish we'd had him longer.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2017, 11:12:23 am »

Good for him.  Fordham grads doing well overseas, which should be a selling point.  Mandell Thomas averaged 12.8 shooting over 40% from 3 for BC Tartu in Estonia.  Rhoomes at 11.7 and 7.3 for St. Quentin in the French b-league. He shot .623 from the filed.  His team was awful but looks like he did his job.

Javontae took a little while but I think he got better as the season went on.  His game changed from Eastern Kentucky, where he was really good from 2.  That slipped a tad at Fordham, perhaps due to tougher D, but his 3 point shooting got much better as the season went on, hitting over 40% in conference, and he was asked to carry a big load for Fordham.  He was excellent in the big wins over Davidson, VCU and Rhodey.   
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: