fordhamfans.com
December 17, 2017, 10:46:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

2017 Predictions

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Predictions  (Read 1966 times)
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2017, 10:12:51 am »

For those that didnt follow  college football last year , Army is a very good team. Not saying we can't pull an upset but I think many people still think this is the same army team we beat .. is not , they are legit

Agreed but I think our offense is better this year, and I think our defense is better. It will be an uphill battle and it will be an upset victory, but I think we have a chance.

Our new DC should change the way we view our defense. We'll know for sure soon enough!
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 01, 2017, 10:55:12 am »

Agreed but I think our offense is better this year, and I think our defense is better. It will be an uphill battle and it will be an upset victory, but I think we have a chance.

Our new DC should change the way we view our defense. We'll know for sure soon enough!

I agree.  I really feel the D will be greatly improved this year.  The question i have is how dramatic the change will be by game 1. 
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 01, 2017, 11:07:46 am »

9-2

I think that we should get a +5 bonus if if the prediction in this thread is accurate when we run the patriot league pick em pool.

Thoughts?
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 02, 2017, 09:05:44 am »

I will go optimistically with 9-2 as I do beleive it may be a challenge to surpass 8-3.
I see the Rams falling to:
- Army (who seems to have most of their starters back from their best season in about two decades)
- EWU (who seems to reload as one of the upper echelon teams in FCS

I do believe both of these games are winnable and anything can happen. 
- The key to beating Army is getting ahead early and holding them to FG attempts.  With an efficient ball-control, time consuming triple option, they are hard to beat.  But on the other hand if you force them to pass, they will likely struggle and their special teams are shaky.
- I am far less familiar with EWU but ten to think teams like them will eat us up on the lines, much like a bigger UT- Chattanooga.  If the Rams play well, they could win.

Lehigh will be a big challenge and the PL in general should be more balanced as the teams are getting better each year by adding scholarships.  I think the Rams avenge the losses to Army and EWU with a PL crown and a trip to the playoffs.

In case you have not seen this...
2017 Patriot League Football Preseason Poll
1. Lehigh 70 points (11 first-place votes)
2. Fordham, 61 (3)
3. Colgate, 54
4. Holy Cross, 39
5. Bucknell, 36
T6. Lafayette, 17
T6. Georgetown, 17

I see possible extreme results as low as 7-4 (mainly due to injury and a surprising PL team catching fire) and as high as 11-0 (could happen if the Rams stay healthy and play well and newbies contribute) but more realistically I see the 8-3 to 10-1 range.  In the end, I am going with 9-2.

Very excited for the season to start and hope to catch at least 1 game live (likely Lafayette on the road).  Wish I could see more.
GO RAMS!

Chaka

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2017, 09:37:11 am »

Game v. Army is televised on CBS-SN. Only problem is that the game is on at 6! I'm not home until close to 7 on a typical evening so thank goodness for DVR!
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 02, 2017, 09:58:05 am »

I'm being  pessimistic and will go with 8 and 3. Army and EWU and 1 in league play as the losses. If we go 9 and 2 we should make the playoffs. Defense, as previously noted, will be key. I think we can score on any team on our schedule.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2017, 12:08:57 pm by shortshot » Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 02, 2017, 10:05:29 am »

Just realized that I haven't made an actual prediction. I'll go 10-1 because too many people are saying 9-2. We'll beat Army or EWU and run the table otherwise. Worst case scenario we go 9-2. I don't think we'll lose a game in the PL unless we're hit with the injury bug.
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: August 02, 2017, 02:39:55 pm »

most impressive part about last season was after Lehigh not punting whole game, we beat Colgate (who nearly beat Lehigh).  Much depends upon our D-Line our Defense and Not Discount rest of squad too.  Hoping for Victory over Army to get troops pumped, then Major home game vs EWU.  Go Fordham! Win!!! 11-0
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 02, 2017, 03:10:46 pm »

I guess losses to Army and E. Wash and an upset like Monmouth last year would eliminate our playoff chances. So let's go 11-0, 10-1 or 9-2.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 02, 2017, 10:47:17 pm »

Game v. Army is televised on CBS-SN. Only problem is that the game is on at 6! I'm not home until close to 7 on a typical evening so thank goodness for DVR!

Leave work early and go!
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
J-Sal
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 10, 2017, 09:35:42 am »

I will go optimistically with 9-2 as I do beleive it may be a challenge to surpass 8-3.
I see the Rams falling to:
- Army (who seems to have most of their starters back from their best season in about two decades)
- EWU (who seems to reload as one of the upper echelon teams in FCS

I do believe both of these games are winnable and anything can happen. 
- The key to beating Army is getting ahead early and holding them to FG attempts.  With an efficient ball-control, time consuming triple option, they are hard to beat.  But on the other hand if you force them to pass, they will likely struggle and their special teams are shaky.
- I am far less familiar with EWU but ten to think teams like them will eat us up on the lines, much like a bigger UT- Chattanooga.  If the Rams play well, they could win.

Lehigh will be a big challenge and the PL in general should be more balanced as the teams are getting better each year by adding scholarships.  I think the Rams avenge the losses to Army and EWU with a PL crown and a trip to the playoffs.

In case you have not seen this...
2017 Patriot League Football Preseason Poll
1. Lehigh 70 points (11 first-place votes)
2. Fordham, 61 (3)
3. Colgate, 54
4. Holy Cross, 39
5. Bucknell, 36
T6. Lafayette, 17
T6. Georgetown, 17

I see possible extreme results as low as 7-4 (mainly due to injury and a surprising PL team catching fire) and as high as 11-0 (could happen if the Rams stay healthy and play well and newbies contribute) but more realistically I see the 8-3 to 10-1 range.  In the end, I am going with 9-2.

Very excited for the season to start and hope to catch at least 1 game live (likely Lafayette on the road).  Wish I could see more.
GO RAMS!

Chaka

Great post!  11-0 sounds preposterous and it would take some disastrous injuries and other teams getting hot to go 7-4 or worse.  10-1 to 8-3 seems like the accurate range.  Injuries aside, 8 wins as a starting point is pretty rational.  Especially since (aside from Monmouth last year and maybe Lafayette in 2013 when we were on the road and without Nebrich) we have beaten EVERYONE we've shoulda beaten since 2012.  8 wins might-might get us into the playoffs (7 D-1 wins very-very nearly got us in last year) but of course 9 would seal the deal.  Problem is finding that 9th win. 

Lehigh seems like the most likely choice but they did hang a 51-9 on us last season before throwing in their subs.  Kinda hard to flip that level of devastation.  To make things worse, we catch them after a not-so-easy stretch of 6 road games in 8 weeks.  Lehigh does lose their QB and entire LB core but they're still the pre-season league favorite for a reason.   

Army is coming off their best season in decades.  Offensively they return pretty much everyone except the Poe Brothers at WR so their run game should be stronger than ever.  Defensively however they'll probably take a step back.  They lose a lot at the LB and DB spots so once again we'll hafta jump up early, force them to play catch up and hope to outscore them. 

Then there's EWU.  For all the talk about their QB, they have a future NFL DT (Jay-Tee Tiuli) who could dominate the trenches in ways not seen since the Chattanooga game.  They return 2 other DL starters and the ENTIRE OL, so yeah, those trenches will be tough.  Hopefully Texas Tech and ND State will soften them up a bit before taking their cross-country flight but on paper this one seems like the toughest test of them all.

In the end, like Chaka, I'm going 9-2 but think the upset comes against Army.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: