fordhamfans.com
December 17, 2017, 10:50:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Softball Loses Three Players

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Softball Loses Three Players  (Read 583 times)
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« on: July 27, 2017, 01:50:35 pm »

To-be-Jr Jess Hughes, one of our best players, transferred to Rutgers.  This is a major loss, especially offensively.  (.370 BA, 11 HRs, 23 SBs.)
http://scarletknights.com/news/2017/7/24/softball-adds-hughes-to-2018-roster.aspx

We also lost to-be-Soph Taylor Stocks, a lefty pitcher with a 1.77 ERA, but with only 59 innings.  I'm not sure yet as to where.  With Quense coming back (as a grad student) along with to-be-Soph, Aughinbaugh, and with 3 freshmen pitchers coming in, she probably saw the handwriting on the wall.  Quense pitched 208 innings, with a 2.49 ERA and Aughinbaugh pitched 140 innings, with a 2.00 ERA.

In addition we lost to-be-Soph Steph Rundlett, another pitcher who only had 3 IP and a 8.40 ERA.

I see incoming freshman Rauch, AA NYS POY as our 3rd starter.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2017, 04:39:13 pm by txram » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

RickFC77
Junior

Where was Lembo when I needed him?

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2017, 03:51:05 pm »

Didn't know you had to sit out a year as a transfer.  Thought it was only for Basketball and football.
Report Spam   Logged

“Hail men of Fordham hail."
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2017, 04:11:32 pm »

Curious about why Hughes transferred, the Big 10 is a strong conference but Rutgers is not a good program
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2017, 06:00:48 pm »

Curious about why Hughes transferred, the Big 10 is a strong conference but Rutgers is not a good program
Am a little curious myself.  She was a Communications major, which has a good reputation at Fordham, so I doubt it was that, although we've lost 1 or 2 in the past who ultimately wanted to major in something Fordham didn't have.  Being a Jersey girl, it wasn't like she was homesick being at Fordham.  Anything else I had heard in the way of rumors, I thought kind of went away.   I would have expected another ring or two for her at Fordham.

Rutgers last year was 14-37.  We beat them 11-3 (5), 14-5 (5) and 8-4.

We certainly have the pitching to win the A10 still.  The freshmen will really have to step up to fill the other holes though.

Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2017, 06:02:56 pm »

Didn't know you had to sit out a year as a transfer.  Thought it was only for Basketball and football.
You're right.  I misread the Rutgers announcement and corrected my note.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2017, 09:20:21 pm »

Could be 4 players.  Figueroa isn't on the current roster either.  Remember, she was our starting left fielder and had a bad concussion at the end of the year.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2017, 04:23:11 pm »

Could be 4 players.  Figueroa isn't on the current roster either.  Remember, she was our starting left fielder and had a bad concussion at the end of the year.
She's still at Fordham and plans to graduate early, just unable to play yet.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2017, 12:35:51 am »

To summarize, Softball has lost starters Vergona (C), Van Hoven (SS), and Canessa (CF) to graduation; Hughes (2b) to transfer; and Figueroa (LF) to apparent injury.  This was some our best offense too, other than Shaw.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: