fordhamfans.com
August 17, 2017, 09:22:05 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

2017 Rankings

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 2017 Rankings  (Read 1115 times)
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« on: August 07, 2017, 07:42:49 pm »

Thought I'd start the rankings thread for the upcoming season.

Fordham was ranked #22 in the STATS preseason poll released today.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20170807122809850739204&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora

Social Buttons

shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2017, 08:03:07 pm »

Thought I'd start the rankings thread for the upcoming season.

http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i=20170807122809850739204&ref=rec&tm=&src=FCS

EWU at #5 and Lehigh at 17. No other Patriot League Teams receiving votes so far.
Report Spam   Logged
J-Sal
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2017, 12:24:36 pm »

Fordham started last season unranked by STATS although I "think" we were the top team (26th overall) in the ORV category.

Fordham did start out last season ranked 20th by the coaches poll, and this year we open unranked but are the the top team (26th overall) in the ORV category.

Fordham also started out last season ranked 25th by the AGS poll.  This season we open at number 23.

Combine all three and we're exactly where we were last year.  Hopefully we close (at least) a few spots higher than last year!
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2017, 01:49:15 pm »

Fordham started last season unranked by STATS although I "think" we were the top team (26th overall) in the ORV category.

Fordham did start out last season ranked 20th by the coaches poll, and this year we open unranked but are the the top team (26th overall) in the ORV category.

Fordham also started out last season ranked 25th by the AGS poll.  This season we open at number 23.

Combine all three and we're exactly where we were last year.  Hopefully we close (at least) a few spots higher than last year!

Hopefully!!

Good info. Took me a sec to figure out that ORV = others receiving votes.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
J-Sal
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2017, 08:17:31 am »

Thanks, Ace!  Beat Army and there's a decent chance are no one here will hafta worry about the ORV category again for the rest of the year.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2017, 09:28:12 am »

Thanks, Ace!  Beat Army and there's a decent chance are no one here will hafta worry about the ORV category again for the rest of the year.

Imo beating Eastern Washington would do more for us in the world of FCS rankings.  We're a lot more connected as a fanbased to Army and how much better they should be this year but the bulk of the country who follows the Missouri Valley Conf, CAA, et. al. conferences believe they should be an easy win for any top 20 FCS squad.  A PL team taking down Eastern Washington, though, would go a loong way.  Just my .02
Report Spam   Logged
J-Sal
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2017, 09:53:57 am »

Imo beating Eastern Washington would do more for us in the world of FCS rankings.  We're a lot more connected as a fanbased to Army and how much better they should be this year but the bulk of the country who follows the Missouri Valley Conf, CAA, et. al. conferences believe they should be an easy win for any top 20 FCS squad.  A PL team taking down Eastern Washington, though, would go a loong way.  Just my .02

Very true.  The entire AGS board seemed shocked when we lost to Army in 2014, and no one gave us much love after beating them in 2015.  Taking down EWU would bring us way more accolades from that crowd.  OTOH, when it comes to polls, particularly the coaches poll, lots of eastern voters are familiar w/Army and (aside from red turf) don't know much at all about EWU.  Plus there's the "beating an FBS" factor.  But yeah, EWU would be the more impressive win (and as a PL surprising too) for those in the know.     
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2017, 03:29:58 pm »

If we can beat EWU it would have a similar effect as the Nova game in Nebrich's first year at QB.

The Temple game was an unbelievably cool upset win, but that was a bad team.

It was the Nova home win in crazy fashion that set that team down a path of righteousness and in my opinion gave us a lot more FCS respect.
Report Spam   Logged
RealDeal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2017, 02:11:06 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
RealDeal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 11, 2017, 02:13:54 pm »

Like the schedule this year with Army and a highly ranked FCS opponent.  Still would like to see another FBS opponent in the mix.  Maybe a lower tier ACC team like BC, Syracuse or Wake in the mix every year. 
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2017, 07:29:37 am »

Consider playing the likes of Rice, Tulane, South Florida, UMass et al. Is Hawaii still on a future schedule?
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2017, 06:37:30 pm »

I will say again that the eastern Washington game is the biggest game in the history of FCS Fordham football. We have them at home and will tell us exactly where we belong amount the fcs national powers.
Report Spam   Logged
RealDeal
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 13, 2017, 10:30:43 am »

I will say again that the eastern Washington game is the biggest game in the history of FCS Fordham football. We have them at home and will tell us exactly where we belong amount the fcs national powers.

Where did you say it the first time?
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2017, 07:40:40 pm »

Where did you say it the first time?

If you really want to know , go back and read the threads as I don't have time to hold your hand and explain everything to you
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 13, 2017, 08:58:02 pm »

Consider playing the likes of Rice, Tulane, South Florida, UMass et al. Is Hawaii still on a future schedule?

Answered my own question. Fordham plays at Hawaii in 2020. Make it a 10 day trip west by playing U. of San
Diego the first Friday or Saturday and then Hawaii the following week. I have an ulterior motive. My son and his kids live in SAN.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2017, 09:34:35 pm »

BEAT ARMY!
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2017, 09:36:42 pm »

Very exciting!
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
J-Sal
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: Yesterday at 11:18:05 am »

Very exciting!

Exciting now but, as with everything, context is key.  I mean if we both start out 0-2 then it’s not quite as exciting. 

Most importantly, for this to truly be "the biggest game in the history of FCS Fordham football” we hafta win.  For example, Navy finished the 2015 season ranked 18th in the country.  They were again 18th in 2016 before a series of late-season injuries ruined their season.  So, imagine the publicity we woulda gotten for beating a solid program like that?  For beating the single best team we’ve played since 1954?  Forget league crowns, FCS rankings, FCS playoffs, FCS reputation, etc., etc., beating Navy woulda been waaaay bigger than any of that!  That type of win, backed also by the earlier Temple and Army victories, woulda had peeps here (myself included) wondering if it’s time to make the jump.  That's they type of win that truly coulda changed things like never before.

But we got killed so now the importance of that game now seems minimal.  So yeah, right now I am very excited about EWU but alotta things will hafta work out right before we can look back and declare it "the biggest game in the history of FCS Fordham football."
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: