fordhamfans.com
November 20, 2017, 05:47:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Army game

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Army game  (Read 7312 times)
ram20220
Sophomore

Class of '08

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2017, 11:57:25 am »

Current line I'm seeing has the Rams as 15.5 point underdogs
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2017, 11:58:03 am »

game week....this place is a ghost town.  Not good.

Make a comment about Frank and/or facilities.  It will perk up.
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2017, 12:29:00 pm »

Make a comment about Frank and/or facilities.  It will perk up.

exactly..... our only gripes in football tend to be
-continued concern about the D, especially the D line
-marketing this program
-disappointing fan support (vis a vis their success)

All three are up in the air for 2017 .... so we don't know what to bitch about.

Can't wait for this game!!!
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2017, 12:30:14 pm »

keeping me eye out for Fordham/Army Game notes.    curious to see our 2 deep and hopefully majority of our players are healthy -ready to go.       nothing yet,  hopefully later today/2mor.    

http://www.fordhamsports.com/index.aspx?tab=football&path=football  

then right click on additional links  then scroll to game notes
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2017, 12:32:28 pm »

Alright, fellas.  Any inside word on how camp has gone and, in particular, how the D is shaping up?

If we can just manage a few stops of their O we will be in this game imo.  Not sure if that's too much to ask though.  Go Rams!
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2017, 02:50:00 pm »

Alright, fellas.  Any inside word on how camp has gone and, in particular, how the D is shaping up?

If we can just manage a few stops of their O we will be in this game imo.  Not sure if that's too much to ask though.  Go Rams!

No inside info but the 2 practices I saw looked good.  Saw an inter-squad.  D issues seem to persist.  We'll be fine as it is going to be tough to contain the offense.  I don't think we can beat Army if they're as good as they were last year.  If there's a fall off and we can keep them off the field, we could sneak up on them.
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2017, 04:49:35 pm »

For the first time in a long time I didn't make camp so I flying by the seat of my pants here. To PA's point, D line rotation and getting some stops from them is essential. I think Manny, Angeli and the frosh Diodato will rotate on the inside but I have no idea as to who mans the edges. I'm curious to see how many of the freshmen d-recruits make the trip
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 28, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »

Sagarin has our Rams as 18 point dogs to Army. Take the points.
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: August 28, 2017, 08:48:33 pm »

what's best way to get from White Plains to West Point?
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 28, 2017, 09:18:20 pm »

http://www.goarmywestpoint.com/documents/2017/8/28//Fordham_GM1.pdf?id=8725

http://blogs.hudsonvalley.com/west-point-army-football/

Army's Official Game Notes  and their fan blog -- which has some additional info and comments.

I believe we can suit up 60 players for away PL games.  I'm not sure how many we can for FBS/Army.   

I expect a close game.     

Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 28, 2017, 10:53:17 pm »

Car.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2017, 07:45:19 am »

Practice.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram 83
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 29, 2017, 09:16:23 am »

Given that it is a holiday weekend, and with the opening of the new TZ Bridge westbound, I would stay away from that route.  I would take 9A to 9 to 202 and take the Bear Mtn Bridge across.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 29, 2017, 09:31:47 am »

Helicopter.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
BeatNavy
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 29, 2017, 09:37:41 am »

From White:  Delete the h and the i.  Take the s from Plains and insert it between the t and the e.  Transpose the "tse" into "est."

From Plain (which was formerly Plains): Delete the l and the a.  Insert an o between the P and the i.  Add a t to the end.
Report Spam   Logged
BeatNavy
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 29, 2017, 09:49:23 am »

I believe we can suit up 60 players for away PL games.  I'm not sure how many we can for FBS/Army.

I looked through the PL Policy and Procedures Manual and didn't see anything about non-league games (whether they be against FBS or FCS opponents).

It wouldn't make much sense to (hypothetically) hamper a league member's chances of a win against a non-league opponent by limiting the number of players who can suit up.  I say hypothetically because the odds that the 61st guy in uniform actually makes a difference seem pretty slim.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 29, 2017, 09:55:18 am »

Sudden sharp decline in property values in White plains.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 29, 2017, 10:04:23 am »

I looked through the PL Policy and Procedures Manual and didn't see anything about non-league games (whether they be against FBS or FCS opponents).

It wouldn't make much sense to (hypothetically) hamper a league member's chances of a win against a non-league opponent by limiting the number of players who can suit up.  I say hypothetically because the odds that the 61st guy in uniform actually makes a difference seem pretty slim.

WE use to bring the entire team to the Columbia game when on the road. I suspect we can do the same with Army, but may not want to carry the expense for extra rooms etc. If we're driving up that day, then maybe.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: August 29, 2017, 10:12:10 am »

WE use to bring the entire team to the Columbia game when on the road. I suspect we can do the same with Army, but may not want to carry the expense for extra rooms etc. If we're driving up that day, then maybe.

Columbia game being a "road game"?  We could walk there.  We are not staying overnight to play against West Point
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 29, 2017, 10:21:17 am »

Columbia game being a "road game"?  We could walk there.  We are not staying overnight to play against West Point

It was only to point out that we likely could bring the entire team, if the coaches wanted to do so. I agree that its unlikely we're staying the night for Army, but I bet our coaches would prefer to do so. Any snow in the forecast?  Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 29, 2017, 10:28:39 am »

I brought up # of players that can dress, b/c  Army will (try to) grind us down with the run game. We had some injuries along the DL in summer camp. If we can dress more than 60  - I'd suit up the majority  (if not all) the DL on the roster (even freshman who didn't make 2 deep).  If forced to play them b/c of fatigue of starters that is not good sign but at least have some fresh bodies off the bench.

I'll think we'll be able to score points.  Chase Edmonds and QB Anderson of course, but our OL and TE WR group we have some stud players there as well.  OL Coyle , WR Longi , TE  Seawright etc..      
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 29, 2017, 10:42:23 am »

I brought up # of players that can dress, b/c  Army will (try to) grind us down with the run game. We had some injuries along the DL in summer camp. If we can dress more than 60  - I'd suit up the majority  (if not all) the DL on the roster (even freshman who didn't make 2 deep).  If forced to play them b/c of fatigue of starters that is not good sign but at least have some fresh bodies off the bench.

I'll think we'll be able to score points.  Chase Edmonds and QB Anderson of course, but our OL and TE WR group we have some stud players there as well.  OL Coyle , WR Longi , TE  Seawright etc..      

I think it'll be a pretty rare situation where someone outside the two deep + anyone on special teams that can help will be able to contribute in a game against Army. However, I see your point and agree that it may be worth it to bring some extra bodies, just in case.

We'll be fresh... but we may not be in the best FB shape yet. Same can be said for the men dressed in Black and Gold though.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 29, 2017, 11:52:22 am »

Who were the DL who got hurt? 

Agreed with regard to the O.  I'm still looking for some WR to break through a bit more, hopefully more than one.  I think Longi and Caddle have been great but we just never have had the WR threat of the guys we had working with Nebrich.  They were a special group so it may be too much to ask but I do think this group is talented and they're now upperclassmen so things may click further to help them take it to the next level.  Lumley or Jordan Allen seem the most likely in addition to Longi and Caddle imo.  I do think Seawright is a great TE and will have a big year. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 29, 2017, 11:54:17 am »

We'll be fresh... but we may not be in the best FB shape yet. Same can be said for the men dressed in Black and Gold though.

So would you rather play them the last game of the year a week before the FCS playoffs?  I would rather have a rusty, high powered offense like ours not in the "best FB shape" going against a rusty, not in sync reactive defense like theirs right out of the gates.  

We have a way better chance now than later in the year.

I don't like playing the Academies at all but would rather do it now than like the 55-0 game late in the season where we have much more at stake.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 29, 2017, 11:56:18 am »

I can't imagine we're driving up game day. While I'm fairly sure we wont get snow, it's just a bad idea. Hopefully we're smarter than that now.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 29, 2017, 12:07:26 pm »

I can't imagine we're driving up game day. While I'm fairly sure we wont get snow, it's just a bad idea. Hopefully we're smarter than that now.

I was told we aren't staying over Thurs night.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 29, 2017, 12:25:30 pm »

Was Frank re-instated?  I missed the press release.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: August 29, 2017, 12:44:24 pm »

Was Frank re-instated?  I missed the press release.

Overseeing the renaming this weekend to William Westmoreland Field.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 29, 2017, 12:58:22 pm »

So would you rather play them the last game of the year a week before the FCS playoffs?  I would rather have a rusty, high powered offense like ours not in the "best FB shape" going against a rusty, not in sync reactive defense like theirs right out of the gates.  

We have a way better chance now than later in the year.

I don't like playing the Academies at all but would rather do it now than like the 55-0 game late in the season where we have much more at stake.

I never said I'd rather play them later in the year. In fact, I've said repeatedly that I'm in favor of FBS games only when very early in the season.

You have a bad habit of making assumptions, putting words in peoples mouths, or flat out misinterpreting a comment.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 29, 2017, 01:22:01 pm »

Why is this such a bad idea?  Without traffic it's about 1.25 hours and the game starts at 6pm.  Even if the game went till 10pm and there was traffic getting out of the lots you could be home by midnight.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7 ... 13   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: