fordhamfans.com
September 19, 2017, 09:42:10 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Army game

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Army game  (Read 7285 times)
Fordham Lurker
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: September 08, 2017, 07:45:48 am »

Irrelevant that Army beat Navy last year.  Navy is learning what it's like to play in a decent conference.  It's not like being an independent.  Very few weeks off and the season takes its toll.  Navy faded at the end of the year.  They are finding out what Army found out in Conference USA.  Playing in a conference is tough on the service academies.  They can't just open up a can of tackles like the other D-I programs can. 

You think it's irrelevant?  Really?  When was the last time you coached?
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: September 08, 2017, 09:24:56 am »

You think it's irrelevant?  Really?  When was the last time you coached?

Ya really.  When was the last time you did?  Have you ever seen a sideline?

What happens Week 1 in a long season has nothing to do with week 12.  Travel, injuries, internal issues and the grind of the season all have an impact on how a season plays out.  Injecting Fordham into it as a means of comparison is ludicrous. 
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Lurker
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 08, 2017, 03:14:33 pm »

Ya really.  When was the last time you did?  Have you ever seen a sideline?

What happens Week 1 in a long season has nothing to do with week 12.  Travel, injuries, internal issues and the grind of the season all have an impact on how a season plays out.  Injecting Fordham into it as a means of comparison is ludicrous. 

Too funny.  I might have "seen a sideline" more recently than you have.  Cheesy  I even know when a team, say Georgetown, knows every play called by our coaching staff before our guys run the play. (cough, cough)   Wink  Great job, there, buddy.

Sure, things happen between week 1 and week 12.  But the fact that our first opponent this year (with many returning key players) beat a team last year that had beat us handily surely portended that we could lose this game by a significant margin.

But then again, you really have no idea what you are talking about. If you were actually paying attention, you would not have posted earlier that this Army team is "not a top 50 team."  As I said earlier, this Army team will be their best team since 1996 and I have no doubt that Army will be among the top 50 teams.  I wouldn't be surprised if they even cracked the top 25, but they will certainly be a top 50 team.

PS -- Hey, Lombardi, Jr., don't look now, but ESPN's power rankings currently has Army at No. 46 in the nation.   Cheesy

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 08, 2017, 07:53:09 pm »

Too funny.  I might have "seen a sideline" more recently than you have.  Cheesy  I even know when a team, say Georgetown, knows every play called by our coaching staff before our guys run the play. (cough, cough)   Wink  Great job, there, buddy.

Sure, things happen between week 1 and week 12.  But the fact that our first opponent this year (with many returning key players) beat a team last year that had beat us handily surely portended that we could lose this game by a significant margin.

But then again, you really have no idea what you are talking about. If you were actually paying attention, you would not have posted earlier that this Army team is "not a top 50 team."  As I said earlier, this Army team will be their best team since 1996 and I have no doubt that Army will be among the top 50 teams.  I wouldn't be surprised if they even cracked the top 25, but they will certainly be a top 50 team.

PS -- Hey, Lombardi, Jr., don't look now, but ESPN's power rankings currently has Army at No. 46 in the nation.   Cheesy

http://www.espn.com/college-football/statistics/teamratings

I have no idea what you're referring to with G'town. If you cracked a code, nice work, 007.

It's the first week of the season.  There's a reason they don't starting rankings for another month.  Now relax and go watch SportsCenter...
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: