fordhamfans.com
September 21, 2017, 10:37:54 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Men's Soccer Picked To Win A10

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Men's Soccer Picked To Win A10  (Read 150 times)
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« on: August 24, 2017, 02:30:13 pm »

Ace can probably confirm or correct me, but for the first time that I can remember, albeit I'm not a closely-following fan, the men's soccer team was named preseason favorite to win the A10.

We won last year, coming from being seeded 2nd to beat VCU in the finals 3-2 on PKs in a shootout.  We went on to lose to BC 1-0 in the NCAA's.

[/url]http://fordhamsports.com/news/2017/8/24/mens-soccer-picked-to-finish-first-in-atlantic-10-conference-preseason-poll.aspx[/url]
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2017, 07:43:16 pm »

In our first game in the "Duke Invitational", we tied a mediocre Elon team 0-0 after 2 OTs.  We were outplayed most of the 2nd half and Nuhu had to make several good saves to keep us in it.  We had a few chances in the box and didn't pull the trigger.  Had a good chance with 2 minutes remaining inside the goal box and got blocked.  They almost scored on a corner as time ran out in the 2nd OT, Nuhu having to make another save, the game ending in a fight as Elon went after the ball in Nuhu's hands on the ground.

We need to improve a lot if we're going to win the A10.

I noticed freshman MF Willox from New Zealand.  Liked his offense but not his defense.  I think I could dribble around him.

We also had a few too many dangerous plays by the defense clearing back to Nuhu in the goal.

Still hate the over-acting on injuries in soccer.  Ref gave out 5 yellow cards in the first half, a few questionable, but he kept the game under control.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2017, 04:40:01 pm by txram » Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2017, 04:45:18 pm »

We lost to Duke 3-0, one was a PK.  We got completely outplayed.  We had only 4 shots, 1 of which was on goal.  Duke had 18 with 6 on goal.  I still think we play around with it too much as we get near the box while Duke took shots from there.  It was a lot cleaner game than vs Elon, with only 1 yellow card/side.  We need a lot of work to repeat as A10 champs.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: