fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 06:18:07 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham @ CCSU

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham @ CCSU  (Read 4737 times)
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: September 13, 2017, 04:11:54 pm »

Yes and this from post game (Hartford Courant):

"You had two teams who left it all out on the field today," said the 33-year-old, baby-faced Breiner, who went 8-3 in his first season after replacing Joe Moorhead. "We got the pick six at the end, and that was ultimately the difference but a testament to how special the game of football is. I'm incredibly proud of our young men and battling through some adversity, battling from being down and coming back. I'm really impressed by them and proud of them."

Now, I understand the power of positive thinking, but I like the idea (the necessity) of the coach setting the tone for the program. I think that it's great that he lauds the players for tenacity, but it would be entirely appropriate for him to say that the slow starts (and other negatives) in the first two games of the season are unacceptable.

Poor ball security, bad special teams play, blown assignments in the secondary. These need to be called out. Play like that in the league and they will be toast.

I am not convinced it needs to be called out publicly.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: