fordhamfans.com
November 21, 2017, 01:31:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham @ CCSU

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham @ CCSU  (Read 4737 times)
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: September 10, 2017, 11:18:29 am »

...Coaches appear to be more worried about padding their resumes for the next job as opposed to coaching up the players now. Newsflash: you were handed the keys to a nice car and by driving it off a cliff, you won't get that next job.  Hubris is always the fatal flaw.

That part struck me as odd.  Where are you getting that claim from and how has anything that has happened so far helped to pad any coach's resume?

Really psyched about the comeback as it shows character after that horrendous start.  That said, when we took the 21-17 lead I thought we were really going to roll them, which would have felt like the light went on for us.  The fact that we struggled the rest of the way in an even battle makes me happy we gutted it out but gives no confidence heading into EW
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: September 10, 2017, 11:26:07 am »

Did you watch or follow this game?  Our opponent today was not Ohio St.  We squeeked by a terrible opponent today.

Well since we play in the patriot league which is a non competitive low level fcs I wouldn't expect to see the Like of Ohio state .. not sure who you think we are but it's an over inflated opinion based on your comments
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: September 10, 2017, 11:38:40 am »

Well since we play in the patriot league which is a non competitive low level fcs I wouldn't expect to see the Like of Ohio state .. not sure who you think we are but it's an over inflated opinion based on your comments

Yesterday showed us that every game that we play this year is going to be a dog fight. Going forward every game remaining on our schedule is not a guaranteed W.  In the past 5 years we could circle 5 guaranteed wins.  Not this year.  Zero.  We couldn't even guarantee a W this year against those Commie's from Columbia if they were on our schedule.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: September 10, 2017, 11:52:13 am »

Yesterday showed us that every game that we play this year is going to be a dog fight. Going forward every game remaining on our schedule is not a guaranteed W.  In the past 5 years we could circle 5 guaranteed wins.  Not this year.  Zero.  We couldn't even guarantee a W this year against those Commie's from Columbia if they were on our schedule.

Of course you could circle 5 wins a year when you had a massive advantage of offering scholarships when 95% of the teams you compete against each year did not for 3 years. That was fun wasn't it having full scholarships against non scholarship schools . Well the field was leveled and surpassed us.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: September 10, 2017, 11:53:11 am »

It would seem that way based on the past two weeks. But teams can/do develop week to week, so let's hope they get this thing going.

BTW, your last comment is the type of thing that gives Commies a bad name . . .   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: September 10, 2017, 12:01:02 pm »

The injuries that we have sustained in the first two weeks is alarming.  This can be pointed back to coaching and preparation and game time schemes.  Chase took an absolute beating against West Point.  He was not the same in the 2nd half of the West Point game.

We need to hold him out next week against EWU.  We can't afford to not have him in the Patriot League games.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: September 10, 2017, 12:56:34 pm »

That part struck me as odd.  Where are you getting that claim from and how has anything that has happened so far helped to pad any coach's resume

The Bleacher Report article for example. What was the point of that besides how it could get people talking about what a genius AB is?  he's 32 years old, has worked for 1 guy, has been a head coach for 13 games and he's an offensive game plan expert? How did that piece help the program? It didn't, it helped him try and build his brand. You could argue it put a target on the program.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: September 10, 2017, 02:14:39 pm »

I have heard that Chase's ankle is serious and he is 50/50 for this week. I think you err on the side of caution and hold him out if there is any doubt.

Brevard has a compound fracture and I would think that means he is done for the season. I don't think recovery there is very quick. Possible medical redshirt possibility.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: September 10, 2017, 07:13:40 pm »

Yowza, compound fx is Joe Theisman........hang tough Brevard....
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2017, 09:32:45 pm »

I have heard that Chase's ankle is serious and he is 50/50 for this week. I think you err on the side of caution and hold him out if there is any doubt.

Brevard has a compound fracture and I would think that means he is done for the season. I don't think recovery there is very quick. Possible medical redshirt possibility.

Chase's ankle is serious.  They really won't know anything until later in the week.  50-50 is probably a stretch from what I heard as it was a not good today.   The training staff is in for a busy week. 
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2017, 10:33:22 pm »

The Bleacher Report article for example. What was the point of that besides how it could get people talking about what a genius AB is?  he's 32 years old, has worked for 1 guy, has been a head coach for 13 games and he's an offensive game plan expert? How did that piece help the program? It didn't, it helped him try and build his brand. You could argue it put a target on the program.

Which article?  I just googled "Fordham Bleacher Report Breiner" and the only recent thing I see is a piece on Chase.

I'm no apologist and have been severely disappointed with the season's start but there's a bitterness behind your posts recently that is a real turn from your previous ones imo. 
Report Spam   Logged
ramjam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #131 on: September 11, 2017, 05:22:16 am »

Which article?  I just googled "Fordham Bleacher Report Breiner" and the only recent thing I see is a piece on Chase.

I'm no apologist and have been severely disappointed with the season's start but there's a bitterness behind your posts recently that is a real turn from your previous ones imo. 
New Jersey Herald August 17, 2017 piece by Ralph Russo

Every HIGH SCHOOL coach in the country does what is discussed in the article. Like he is doing something unique. It shows his youth and arrogance. Not once is defense or special teams mentioned. Our opponents had to snicker when they read it.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 07:42:57 am by ramjam » Report Spam   Logged

Be the Hammer, Not the Nail
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2017, 07:21:27 am »

Certainly not going to speak for John but he knows something about the uphill climb coaches make to get to a top spot on any level.  There aren't very many head jobs and the grind to get them can be brutal.  It seems like Coach Briener was anointed for the position instead of working his way up for it.  That's fine, most of us have gotten a break at some point along the way.  It is becoming apparent though IMO, that the Coach is having to do a great deal of learning on the job.  Football has become Fordham's prolific sport but it looks like the university had other things in mind than finding the most competent coach to lead it.  This was a hire that Frank could have easily made. 
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #133 on: September 11, 2017, 07:54:12 am »

« Last Edit: September 11, 2017, 09:10:02 am by JohnG92 » Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #134 on: September 11, 2017, 09:01:54 am »

strange article.....Special teams, defensive planning not even mentioned once in this article.  Does AB even participate in that aspect of the game plan?

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20170817/sports/308179987/
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #135 on: September 11, 2017, 09:05:52 am »

Probably worthy of a new thread but I was befuddled when they gave him the job. A ranked program with momentum, should have lead to a national search.  especially  after the Foley debacle.  It was an enormously attractive job......and this appeared to be a lightweight candidate .......I cant imagine that he had any leverage whatsoever.....was anyone else knocking on his door? ......and every coach has one foot out the door at all times. ....thats the business......I dont think anyone doubts that we have a lot of talent...... this could be a very, very short leash and it definitely should be.....but nothing against the coach, they appear to have simply handed him the job......
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #136 on: September 11, 2017, 09:12:36 am »

Probably worthy of a new thread but I was befuddled when they gave him the job. A ranked program with momentum, should have lead to a national search.  especially  after the Foley debacle.  It was an enormously attractive job......and this appeared to be a lightweight candidate .......I cant imagine that he had any leverage whatsoever.....was anyone else knocking on his door? ......and every coach has one foot out the door at all times. ....thats the business......I dont think anyone doubts that we have a lot of talent...... this could be a very, very short leash and it definitely should be.....but nothing against the coach, they appear to have simply handed him the job......

Strangest quote in the article.......

"THURSDAY

Wednesday's work is installed at practice and players get the entire plan - printed out.

"I'm old school," Breiner said."

and PS......Not sure I would be seeking his advice:  "To prepare for that, Breiner uses a "cheat sheet," a tip he took from a talk given by Arizona coach Rich Rodriguez during a clinic."
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #137 on: September 11, 2017, 10:34:51 am »

It would seem that way based on the past two weeks. But teams can/do develop week to week, so let's hope they get this thing going.

BTW, your last comment is the type of thing that gives Commies a bad name . . .   Wink

As an FYI- Fordham Men's Rugby defeated them 49-7 yesterday....
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #138 on: September 11, 2017, 10:42:46 am »

Anderson is a stud.  A player and a half.  No Chase, no problem.  Never, ever say he needs to be pushed.  Dumbest comment in Fordhamfans.com history.

You guys really didn't like that one huh

I never suggested Anderson would ever be "pushed" out of the starting line up. Cmon!

All I was suggesting was that having another D1A transfer would be a good thing to have around to help improve the overall quality of the group (thinking meetings, drills, etc). That's all. How could their possibly be a problem or issue with that?
Report Spam   Logged
avon barksdale
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #139 on: September 11, 2017, 11:02:38 am »

Anderson is not a player and a half. He's a solid qb, not worth RAVING about, but by no means worth bashing/questioning whether he should start.

VERY OBVIOUS is our defense is no better than it was a year ago, and AB seems to be in too deep. He's by no means awful, but seems like he's Pecora in his coaching style, meaning in-game adjustments don't work, the game plan is the game plan, and thats that. He'll get us some talented kids, bring youthful energy and stick to an offense first team.

This weekend we should probably be +21 going into the EW game.

Hopefully Chase recovers, but it sounds like he's going to miss this week
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #140 on: September 11, 2017, 11:14:44 am »

Breiner will be gone at the end of the season. This team is poorly coached, disorganised, and unprepared to compete.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #141 on: September 11, 2017, 11:32:01 am »

Anderson is not a player and a half. He's a solid qb, not worth RAVING about, but by no means worth bashing/questioning whether he should start.

. . .
  Just hoping that he doesn't get himself killed the way he throws his body around.

Sometimes it's good to slide . . .
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #142 on: September 11, 2017, 11:36:43 am »

Breiner will be gone at the end of the season. This team is poorly coached, disorganised, and unprepared to compete.

No way.  I'd be shocked of we weren't at least .500 (hopefully better).  No coach at Fordham is getting fired with a .500 record.  Coach Breiner will be with us for a while.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #143 on: September 11, 2017, 11:37:01 am »

Still predicting no more than 3 wins? Do you want to parlay that with whether or not AB is fired?

People need to be held accountable for outlandish claims.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #144 on: September 11, 2017, 11:37:57 am »

This place (FB boards) has become a cesspool of negativity.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #145 on: September 11, 2017, 11:38:45 am »

Certainly not going to speak for John but he knows something about the uphill climb coaches make to get to a top spot on any level.  There aren't very many head jobs and the grind to get them can be brutal.  It seems like Coach Briener was anointed for the position instead of working his way up for it.  That's fine, most of us have gotten a break at some point along the way.  It is becoming apparent though IMO, that the Coach is having to do a great deal of learning on the job.  Football has become Fordham's prolific sport but it looks like the university had other things in mind than finding the most competent coach to lead it.  This was a hire that Frank could have easily made. 

Your post has nothing to do with what I wrote.  Similar pieces were done on Moorhead while he was here and no one had a problem with it then.  I'm just calling bs lines like "Coaches appear to be more worried about padding their resumes for the next job as opposed to coaching up the players now."  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wm7Re_wsyGs.  We can't just say that they stink at coaching - we have to take it to the next level and question their character.  I would think that you guys who coached or had family members who coached at this level would be the first to push back when fans make posts or comments where he's not just a bad football coach but he also has awful intentions - so self centered and just wants to get out of here and into his next job.  My hunch is that this is tearing him up - how could it not, right?  I don't think it's a question of motivation or intention - I just think he has no idea how to get the whole thing to click (which, again, is no defense of AB by me).  
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #146 on: September 11, 2017, 11:42:57 am »

Thee Ohio State University. Evil
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #147 on: September 11, 2017, 11:45:34 am »

I disagree. Biggest financial budget and tons of carry over talent.  This is not a fan support board, its to discuss athletics. It was an odd hire for certain, but I think we all hope it works out terrifically ......but I think there is a reality hovering over it.  You have a ranked program and huge budget and incredible sustained success. Its a proven place where you can recruit and win at a high level. You hand the keys to a very young and unproven assistant, its not going to be  a long leash ....that's just sports reality (Foley)......Breiner certainly can recruit......and we did win on Saturday......but some of the comments on game preparation are spot on......
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 11, 2017, 11:55:21 am »

Yeeeeaa but its the best....what can I say - the years playing in the dark ages right before JoMo have rendered me a masochist
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 11, 2017, 11:58:28 am »

The football folks took a calculated gamble with this hire. High risk high reward. Are we getting the hot young up and comer before he goes elsewhere or are we hiring a guy who is too young and not ready for this level position. Time will tell, but I disagree its about negativity, its perectly rational reaction to what people are seeing on the field.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: