fordhamfans.com
November 21, 2017, 01:31:37 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham @ CCSU

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham @ CCSU  (Read 4737 times)
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: September 09, 2017, 03:13:49 pm »

Breiner is not capable of coaching this team. We will be lucky to win three games this year.

Then tell me how we won 8 games with Coach Breiner last year. What a bunch of front runners on this board.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: September 09, 2017, 03:17:15 pm »

Breiner is not capable of coaching this team. We will be lucky to win three games this year.

+1000 as Rambacker would say
Report Spam   Logged
Ram 91
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 09, 2017, 03:19:09 pm »

Well, it's a win and I'm very glad for it.  This team needs a lot of work to be competitive in the Patriot League schedule.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 09, 2017, 03:19:30 pm »

Down 17-0 and then 31-21, no Edmonds in rhe 2nd half, Brevard out early in that half, come back to win 38-31. Take it and move on. Lots of room for improvement.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 09, 2017, 03:20:13 pm »

It was an ugly start but a good finish!  I'll take the W and get out of town asap.  Grin
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 09, 2017, 03:20:22 pm »

+1000 as Rambacker would say
We literally stole this game. Why we went away from the run with Davis late in the game baffles the mind. Totally unprepared from the start.
Report Spam   Logged

We didnt get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. I can see it coming.

-Tom Pecora
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 09, 2017, 03:20:33 pm »

Then tell me how we won 8 games with Coach Breiner last year. What a bunch of front runners on this board.

He and his coaches look and act like Deer in the headlights on the sideline
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 09, 2017, 03:20:50 pm »

It ends 38 to 31, Fordham wins.

If this team continues to perform the way it has in the first two games (and Edmonds is seriously injured), we could be looking at a sub .500 season.

If it wasn't for the 4th Q offense provided by Frosh Zak Davis we probably wouldn't have won.  

This team has issues.
Report Spam   Logged
JCMB
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 09, 2017, 03:22:12 pm »

Down 17-0 and then 31-21, no Edmonds in rhe 2nd half, Brevard out early in that half, come back to win 38-31. Take it and move on. Lots of room for improvement.

If this was FB I would give this a "Like".   Wink
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 09, 2017, 03:24:17 pm »

Davis looked terrific! He is a keeper.
Report Spam   Logged
joesunfish
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 09, 2017, 03:25:10 pm »

Davis looked terrific! He is a keeper.
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 09, 2017, 03:26:45 pm »

Two games into the season, 1-1, many warning signs but we did come back to win the game

Very tough game against EWU next week
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 09, 2017, 03:32:26 pm »

Two games into the season, 1-1, many warning signs but we did come back to win the game

Very tough game against EWU next week

EWU puts up 60 on us next week.

We are lost.
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 09, 2017, 03:59:30 pm »

Then tell me how we won 8 games with Coach Breiner last year.
Soft schedule?  Minus the two teams who humiliated us, and the loss to Monmouth which essentially cost us a post season birth.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 09, 2017, 04:06:18 pm »

EWU puts up 60 on us next week.

We are lost.

We are not lost, we're just not any good on defense. This is the philosophy and style of play that we've chosen and have been on this path for a few years now. All skill and talent is stacked on offense and little emphasis is placed on defense. Score 45 and hope to hold  opponent to 44 that's the philosophy and we know that
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: September 09, 2017, 04:16:43 pm »

I was at the game and the commentary is over the top. Yes this is not the well oiled machine we have seen in previous seasons but they were very banged up in the game with guys out all over the field and still got a win on the road.

I actually think we will surprise next week. Maybe not win but play them close. We know the issues on offense but for me the offense is the bigger concern. I was sitting next to huge contingent from Wallingford and they went nuts when he came in and started ripping off runs. Was a really cool moment for that kid. Outside of that, the offense does not look like they have gotten on track. Caddle was big today but Lumley was invisible. Where is Seawright? KA looks a little off, like he is still trying to figure out what he has. Also the O-Line is still in flux which is not helping. The biggest help to our D would be fore us to start scoring TDs again. And for God sake get Mevis in there kicking.

As maligned as the D has been, they came up huge at the end of this game specifically Menyah and Roberts. Maybe this a turning point. Also great call by coach to punt in the 4th and not kick the FG. I was shaking my head but he made the 100% right call.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: September 09, 2017, 04:18:57 pm »

We are not lost, we're just not any good on defense. This is the philosophy and style of play that we've chosen and have been on this path for a few years now. All skill and talent is stacked on offense and little emphasis is placed on defense. Score 45 and hope to hold  opponent to 44 that's the philosophy and we know that

Did you watch or follow this game?  Our opponent today was not Ohio St.  We squeeked by a terrible opponent today.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: September 09, 2017, 04:24:44 pm »

Place kicking must be addressed. ACE how is the right leg these days?
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2017, 04:28:24 pm »

Our skill players on offense continue to be very good, at QB, receivers and now the back up, back up running back, Davis.  Our offensive line may not be as good as it was, IMO.

Our special teams outright stink, at least based upon the first two games.  We are lucky to not get a kick blocked on a field goal attempt which we may not be any good at anyway.  Our kick off returns are an adventure, with fumbles and not much blocking, as is our coverage on opposing kickoffs.

Our defense is porous although we did hold on at the end of this game.  It allowed CCSU 17 out of their 31 points, the other 14 coming on blown coverage on our kickoff to them and on a fumble by our offense.

I feel that the coaching is "uneven" to be charitable.  Sometimes I wonder what they are thinking on offense and play and clock management throughout the game.

Chase is sidelined and I don't know how badly.  He certainly hasn't run like the old Chase in the first two games so I'm thinking he has some physical issues.

I fear we better improve rapidly if we want to have any chance at a good season.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2017, 04:29:31 pm »

Maybe some holdover assistants?  There is a ton of money spent on this program and this program was in terrific shape. Rather than do a national search they hired a very, very young and unproven assistant.  Its a short leash, whether you like it or not.  Hiring such a young assistant to take over a ranked program is going to lead to a short leash and a lot of panic from fans if it starts going sideways. People remember the Foley debacle. That being said, happy with the W and the young back was terrific, a Briener recruit so thats a positive.

More importantly, how is Brevard?
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2017, 07:09:45 pm »

Tough win, fly the W. 

Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2017, 08:10:20 pm »

Im pleased with the W considering the circumstances.  We certainly faced adversity today; down 17-0 , then 31-21 late 3rd quarter with both Chase and Brevard knocked out of game but dug down and found a way to win.  Our OL is still a work in progress with 2 new starters today @ C and RT.  It does look like Anderson is too concerned with finding the perfect play pre snap. Maybe simplify it and stick with a simple run pass option.  WR Caddle and Prince had good games. Thought Lumley and Searight should be targeted a bit more often. (perhaps  was CCSU D scheme to take away those guys -b/c Caddle was open all day long).  The D stood tall when they had to. It does however seem assignments are still shaky. One CCSU TD catch guy was wide open and early in 1st half a CCSU WR dropped an easy TD down the middle of field.

Special teams coach should be working late hours.  Blocked FG and KO return for a TD.  Poor.

Take the W and move forward.  We'll see f Chase is back and how we do against a solid EWU program.     

Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2017, 09:03:46 pm »

Place kicking must be addressed. ACE how is the right leg these days?

Memo from the AD: The Soccer teams (Men and Women) will report to Jack Coffey field Monday afternoon for a special workout. Please warmup and stretch your Hamstrings.  Evil
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2017, 09:26:43 pm »

Good news, bad news.

Good news...

We pulled it out against a bad team that we could have easily lost to.  But we won.

Anderson is a stud.  A player and a half.  No Chase, no problem.  Never, ever say he needs to be pushed.  Dumbest comment in Fordhamfans.com history.

Defense isn't good but they came through when it counted.  We have some tough players.  Played their rear ends off when it counted.

Bad news...

We're just not very good at this point.

Our coaching staff is getting by on talent.  Defense is lost.  

Special teams coach should be relieved of his duties.  Let him recruit, help Julio...  We're historically bad here.  

Discipline is non-existent. Penalties.  What's going on?

We needed the win coming out of this game but the ship is leaking.  Coach needs to get this figured out or next week will be painful.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2017, 10:47:36 pm »

Willing to put money on that?
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2017, 08:34:56 am »

Special teams coach should be relieved of his duties.  Let him recruit, help Julio...  We're historically bad here.  

Agree on both counts. Anyone could seemingly do a better job of ocaching special teams at this juncture. Really awful. Turn the reigns over to one of the coordinators.
Report Spam   Logged
ramjam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2017, 08:52:09 am »

Good news, bad news.

Good news...

We pulled it out against a bad team that we could have easily lost to.  But we won.

Anderson is a stud.  A player and a half.  No Chase, no problem.  Never, ever say he needs to be pushed.  Dumbest comment in Fordhamfans.com history.

Defense isn't good but they came through when it counted.  We have some tough players.  Played their rear ends off when it counted.

Bad news...

We're just not very good at this point.

Discipline is non-existent. Penalties.  What's going on?

We needed the win coming out of this game but the ship is leaking.  Coach needs to get this figured out or next week will be painful.

Spot on AOC. EWU is no joke and are coming off losses to Texas Tech and North Dakota State. They are licking their chops right now watching our defense (and lack thereof). We will be a nice salve for their wounds. Hopefully it doesn't get out of hand. I don't see how we could pull it off, but a W for the Rams could turn the season. Coaches appear to be more worried about padding their resumes for the next job as opposed to coaching up the players now. Newsflash: you were handed the keys to a nice car and by driving it off a cliff, you won't get that next job.  Hubris is always the fatal flaw.
Report Spam   Logged

Be the Hammer, Not the Nail
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2017, 09:17:59 am »

Clawson and Moorhead worked for a lot of different coaches before coming to Fordham.  They both had different experiences.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2017, 09:49:01 am »

the RB situation.    Undecided

Chase injured his left ankle and left game.. Will he back for EWU.  Brevard injury looked serious (may be done for year).  Freshman RB Davis impressed and I assume RB Palladino is still on roster and the 4th RB.   However if Chase is not ready, Brevard is out who would be our emergency RB?  behind Davis and Palladino..   

I would think try use a current Offensive player  (knows play call terminology  and basic concepts of our O)

Emergency RB candidates..
WR Caddle (if Longi plays this week)
WR Eleyzat    small, but agility  and wheels
TE  Force 6'3 220  probably doesn't help much in run game but could help passing game (pass blocking /receiving out of backfield)

no panic mode here yet but when your top 2 RB's go out with injury, its something have to consider.
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2017, 10:15:30 am »

Anyone with a definitive medical report on Chase?
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 8   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: