fordhamfans.com
September 25, 2017, 04:05:49 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fall Softball Schedule

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fall Softball Schedule  (Read 308 times)
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« on: September 05, 2017, 11:57:05 pm »

It's not published any where but I found out that we play Binghamton and someone else this weekend at Binghamton; we then play at Villanova (Bridget's alma mater) on the 17th, Dominican at home on the 30th, and Army and Hofstra in Newark on Oct 1.  This is a tougher Fall schedule than usual.

I'll post the scores when I find them out.  Not sure why our SID doesn't at least post the schedule and results, even though it's not "in season". (awaiting Ace's usual response)  Wink
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:51:20 pm by txram » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 09:59:20 pm »

Lips Sealed
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2017, 06:19:51 pm »

Not sure who we played yet today in Binghamton, (neither was Binghamton, a good test) but we scored 32 runs in 2 games and had 6 HRs.  SO Johnston had 2, GR Quense, SR Shaw, FR Rauch and JR transfer Roark each had 1.  More details later, but it's a good sign.

Some position questions were partially answered.  Roak took over as cathcer.  SO Storm played 2b replacing Hughes who left.  FR Hubertus and Rauch spent time at SS.  SO Aughinbaugh moved to LF from platooning in RF when she wasn't pitching and JR Skrepenak moved to CF from RF.  The defense will be more of a question mark this year.

Update:  I found out we played Onondaga Community College and Mansfield University, a Div II team.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 10:50:38 pm by txram » Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2017, 09:35:11 pm »

We beat Binghamton today, playing 10 innings, to go to 3-0 in the Fall.  Binghamton was ranked #188 last year and usually gives us a good game.  Quense, freshman Rauch and freshman Prentiss pitched.  Everyone played but Aughinbaugh, who was a little banged up.

I got the SID to post the schedule but Bridget has asked them not to post the scores.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 07:34:50 pm by txram » Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2017, 07:24:48 pm »

We easily beat both E. Stroudsburg, a Div II school and Villanova (#139 last year) today to go 5-0 for the Fall.  We're off for a week, then play Dominican at home on alumni day (9/30), followed by Army (#121 last year) and Manhattan (#210) on 10/1 in Newark.  Not the toughest schedule, but with a young team, we're still taking care of business.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: