fordhamfans.com
September 19, 2017, 09:41:14 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Chase injury

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chase injury  (Read 541 times)
dajr
Freshman

View Profile
« on: September 11, 2017, 08:26:16 pm »

https://www.si.com/college-football/2017/09/10/ap-fbc-fcs-fordham-edmonds-injured
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2017, 09:09:04 pm »

thanks for link.  The announcers during CCSU game said his left ankle was wrapped in ice.  Whether its his hamstring or ankle, not good for Chase or team.   I doubt he plays.  He is a legitimate NFL prospect, so no need to rush back and injure himself further.  I also would think the coaching staff would look out for Chase's best interest --let him heal fully and hope to get him 100% for start of PL schedule (3 weeks).   
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2017, 06:22:02 am »

thanks for link.  The announcers during CCSU game said his left ankle was wrapped in ice.  Whether its his hamstring or ankle, not good for Chase or team.   I doubt he plays.  He is a legitimate NFL prospect, so no need to rush back and injure himself further.  I also would think the coaching staff would look out for Chase's best interest --let him heal fully and hope to get him 100% for start of PL schedule (3 weeks).   

What does being an NFL prospect have to do with anything?   He's playing for Fordham. If he's good to go, he goes.  If it's a hamstring or a high ankle sprain it may be with him all season. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2017, 08:26:08 am »

What does being an NFL prospect have to do with anything?   He's playing for Fordham. If he's good to go, he goes.  If it's a hamstring or a high ankle sprain it may be with him all season. 

True that it may be with him all season, but two to three weeks of healing the hamstring is better than one. The ankle appears to be the same one that bothered him last season or the one before. My guess is he hurt the hamstring and the icing of the ankle was what he normally does when his day is done. In other words, announcers assumed it was the ankle b/c it had ice on it, but the ankle was going to have ice on it no matter what.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2017, 09:02:37 am »

True that it may be with him all season, but two to three weeks of healing the hamstring is better than one. The ankle appears to be the same one that bothered him last season or the one before. My guess is he hurt the hamstring and the icing of the ankle was what he normally does when his day is done. In other words, announcers assumed it was the ankle b/c it had ice on it, but the ankle was going to have ice on it no matter what.

My reading as well. I'd be surprised if either is 100% resolved with a couple of weeks rest, though.   No issue sitting him if that's what they decide.   I just don't think any NFL prospects should enter in to it.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2017, 09:26:00 am »

My reading as well. I'd be surprised if either is 100% resolved with a couple of weeks rest, though.   No issue sitting him if that's what they decide.   I just don't think any NFL prospects should enter in to it.

I agree 100% on the NFL angle. It should not factor in at all.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2017, 09:35:53 am »

This is why you take your shot and go pro when you have nothing left to prove on the collegiate level.  That does not mean Chase would be in the NFL this year, but even if healthy this season was not going to do anything to change his pro prospects.  You can always go back to school, one bad step your pro prospects are done.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: