fordhamfans.com
November 19, 2017, 02:42:04 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Chasing Greatness Documentary

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chasing Greatness Documentary  (Read 1923 times)
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 14, 2017, 01:02:53 am »

This is the second time you've said "he may never be the same." Why are you saying that? Do you know something we don't? RBs get ankle sprains, they miss time, and they come back. Unless its something much more serious, there's no reason to believe he wont be the same once he's healed. If he tries to come back too early, or play hurt, he obviously wont be 100% but that's a far cry from "may never be the same."

Are you just being a sensationalist? I'm asking in all seriousness. What's up?

Did you see Chase at practice today?  No.  He is still on crutches.  It is a high ankle sprain.  This injury will linger all year.

You never answered my questions from above.  Why did this come out now?
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:27:51 am by ace93 » Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 14, 2017, 08:09:19 am »

The worst part was that the team meeting had to be in an old Keating classroom. I took Business Planning in that theater style room 30 years ago  Shocked

I think the worst part was the walk to and into the coach's office. If it was walking through an old building that has some great history, it'd be one thing, but that's not the case.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 14, 2017, 08:17:42 am »

Did you see Chase at practice today?  No.  He is still on crutches.  It is a high ankle sprain.  This injury will linger all year.

Are you a doctor in your country?
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2017, 09:20:26 am »

Did you see Chase at practice today? You realize there's a big difference between a lingering injury and "he may never be the same again" right?

I don't know what it came out now, but who cares. I'm sure it had something to do with a schedule they had set. Maybe they didn't complete it before the Army game. I don't really know lol. You're over thinking it
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:28:20 am by ace93 » Report Spam   Logged
Ram I Am
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2017, 09:46:05 am »

Chase is a top notch talent and an impressive young man, but the piece was pretty dull IMO.  I can't imagine someone without an emotional attachment to the program or the school would invest the 10 minutes to watch this.  I'm not sure who the target audience is for this.  I agree its not a bad thing - and something is better than nothing.  I just didn't find it to be a compelling piece.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 14, 2017, 09:49:43 am »

Chase is a top notch talent and an impressive young man, but the piece was pretty dull IMO.  I can't imagine someone without an emotional attachment to the program or the school would invest the 10 minutes to watch this.  I'm not sure who the target audience is for this.  I agree its not a bad thing - and something is better than nothing.  I just didn't find it to be a compelling piece.

Amen.

I watched it in the hope that it would make my time on the treadmill less boring. It only mildly succeeded.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 14, 2017, 10:39:21 am »

Scott nailed it.  We're not the audience.  Hopefully it is an effective piece to those it's targeted to.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 14, 2017, 03:48:12 pm »

Scott nailed it.  We're not the audience.  Hopefully it is an effective piece to those it's targeted to.

What I've heard and read is that today's "yoots" are very cynical of hype and spin.  That's why I think this segment, boring as it may seem, will be successful in its limited purpose. 

It shows real people, real buildings (drab and gritty as they may be).  Football players in a cafeteria, trainer room, meeting, etc.  Routine stuff all the way for a football player.  Yes there are some pictures of Chase scampering and scoring in front of a crowd, but there's no attempt to make it seem like this is Florida State.  Even the video's flaws make it seem more "authentic".  I put that in quotes because obviously there is some degree of staging involved, even if just a heads up to everyone that Chase and a camera crew will be coming through so act "natural".

Looking forward to the next segment, but I can't say I'm on the edge of my seat.

Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 15, 2017, 06:30:59 pm »

Clueless!

You certainly are.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 16, 2017, 11:58:04 am »

You certainly are.

Time will tell....is it you or me.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 17, 2017, 01:36:13 am »

I'm taking bets.
Report Spam   Logged

Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 17, 2017, 02:07:40 am »

I'm taking bets.

clearly after today it showed that you are/were clueless....

Make sure that you clean your Rose-Colored Glasses.  Or better yet throw them out. 

You can't put lipstick on this.....
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 17, 2017, 04:59:26 pm »

No. What I am is a fan of Fordham athletics, who supports our teams in good times and bad, and who does not give up after a bad loss or even two. You, on the other hand, are a miserable, nasty, cranky malcontent who would much rather tear down than support. I call you louse because that is exactly what you are. Take your venom and shove it.
Report Spam   Logged

Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 17, 2017, 05:31:06 pm »

No. What I am is a fan of Fordham athletics, who supports our teams in good times and bad, and who does not give up after a bad loss or even two.

I am not sure basketball fans would agree with this statement but I like the idea. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 17, 2017, 05:57:08 pm »

No. What I am is a fan of Fordham athletics, who supports our teams in good times and bad, and who does not give up after a bad loss or even two. You, on the other hand, are a miserable, nasty, cranky malcontent who would much rather tear down than support. I call you louse because that is exactly what you are. Take your venom and shove it.

Thank God you are not an Astronaut....with your thinking when you try to re-enter the atmosphere you would skip right off and go tumbling back into space.....

I am not Anti-Fordham nor Anti Chase.  I love that kid and think the world of him.  I just think that it is idiotic that we would endorse and submit a video of him the day that he officially becomes injured and not able to play going forward.  Why the Hell wouldn't we have endorsed and published this video a week before the West Point game?
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: September 17, 2017, 06:05:21 pm »

Thank God you are not an Astronaut....with your thinking when you try to re-enter the atmosphere you would skip right off and go tumbling back into space.....

I am not Anti-Fordham nor Anti Chase.  I love that kid and think the world of him.  I just think that it is idiotic that we would endorse and submit a video of him the day that he officially becomes injured and not able to play going forward.  Why the Hell wouldn't we have endorsed and published this video a week before the West Point game?

1. Perhaps it wasn't ready?
2. Perhaps it wasn't as important as something else the editor was working on?

Also, the fact that he got injured would not be a reason to not release such a video.  In fact, knowing that he is injured makes me look forward to seeing the episode that will (hopefully) deal with that topic.  That's exactly the kind of thing that will "keep it real" for the kind of audience that likes reality-shows.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 17, 2017, 07:15:03 pm »

I am not sure basketball fans would agree with this statement but I like the idea.

Rich, you and I have certainly had our disagreements, some of them quite heated. That said, I do support all Fordham athletic teams. It's no secret that football is my favorite sport, or that I consider it Fordham's true marquee sport. Nevertheless, I attend many basketball games each year and cheer as loudly as anyone for our Rams, and I hold out hope for a much improved record this year.

Rose-colored glasses, Ram-Louse? Hardly. Just a loyal fan.
Report Spam   Logged

Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 17, 2017, 08:30:48 pm »

Rich, you and I have certainly had our disagreements, some of them quite heated. That said, I do support all Fordham athletic teams. It's no secret that football is my favorite sport, or that I consider it Fordham's true marquee sport. Nevertheless, I attend many basketball games each year and cheer as loudly as anyone for our Rams, and I hold out hope for a much improved record this year.

Rose-colored glasses, Ram-Louse? Hardly. Just a loyal fan.

I guess someone else was posting under your name.  Look forward to your measured posts if we get embarrassed twice in our first 3 basketball games but I am not holding my breath
« Last Edit: September 17, 2017, 09:24:18 pm by Rich93 » Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 17, 2017, 11:28:54 pm »

I realize that this is a football thread, but I want to add just one more post that concerns basketball. I do not know for sure, Rich, but I suspect that your last post refers to my older posts that stated my belief that our men's basketball team ought to leave the Atlantic 10 and join a conference where we might have greater success. I make no apology for this and I do not believe that this marks me as anything but a loyal fan who wants his team to succeed and doesn't care about league affiliation. You, on the other hand, have said that you will not support the team if it were to return to the Patriot League. So who is the true fan?
Report Spam   Logged

Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: September 17, 2017, 11:45:57 pm »

I've made it clear what I am a fan of, you make grand pronouncements and then try to cover up.  Explain to me how a marquee sport draws flies for a game against a nationally ranked team in the home opener with students on campus?  questions were raised about basketball attendance which was fine.  Ok to ask but now you are in the barrel. We were ranked preseason but this marquee matchup was a dud.  Not a word from you on that issue. How can a marquee sport not raise money for new offices?  All I hear is how great the grid iron club is, how is that not done?  Good news is homecoming and parents weekend will help attendance as usual but man we could not draw for play off games in the marquee sport. I know I was at those games.

If we end up slipping back in the PL will you call for us to join the NEC?   If you haven't  noticed the Moorhead honeymoon is over everyone has a few years of scholarships now.  Moorhead saw it coming and got out of dodge.  All this talk of coaching, everybody forgets that little fact. Inquiring minds want to know.  7 million FCS PL football you better be better than this. At least A-10 we get tv and tournament money. If you can't get a crowd for a ranked team at home WTF are we doing?  Hopefully we turn this around like Neubauer did last year after a tough start. Hopefully people follow your advice and you follow you own in a few months if necessary. 
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 12:11:38 am by Rich93 » Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: September 18, 2017, 12:49:41 am »

I am not at all pleased with attendance at our football games and have said so several times on this forum. Frankly, I think it's a disgrace that we don't draw "flies'" as you put it. I don't have an answer for the weak attendance at football or basketball games. Perhaps today's Fordham students are just not that interested in Ram sports. I don't know. I also don't know what you mean when you write that I'm "try(ing) to cover up." Cover up what?

If you mean the EWU game, what would you have me say? That we were overmatched? That we were outclassed? I was there. I saw what happened. I wasn't pleased with our showing after the first quarter, but this was a game that represented a major upgrade in scheduling, and it was a contest that we were not likely to win. I refused to join in the lynch mob mentality of those posters calling for Breiner's ouster after the blowout. There are eight more games in the season, and a winning record, indeed the PL championship, is still very much a possibility.
Report Spam   Logged

Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 18, 2017, 07:49:01 am »

"I refused to join in the lynch mob mentality of those posters calling for Breiner's ouster after the blowout. "

Anyone can see that this team is poorly coached in several areas. It is far from a lynch mob mentality. You hire a green coach with very little experience and make him the youngest or one of the youngest coaches in D1 football, then you better be ready for a quick  hook if things start to go sideways. You dont wait until it blows up, like Frank used to do.

I havent seen one post here asking for Breiner to be fired, as you allude to in your post FUCOP, so please point one out if there is one. However, he should now be on hot seat. Given the nature of the hire, he doesnt get 4 years to make it work.  He gets 2.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 18, 2017, 07:51:18 am »

I am not at all pleased with attendance at our football games and have said so several times on this forum. Frankly, I think it's a disgrace that we don't draw "flies'" as you put it. I don't have an answer for the weak attendance at football or basketball games. Perhaps today's Fordham students are just not that interested in Ram sports. I don't know. I also don't know what you mean when you write that I'm "try(ing) to cover up." Cover up what?

If you mean the EWU game, what would you have me say? That we were overmatched? That we were outclassed? I was there. I saw what happened. I wasn't pleased with our showing after the first quarter, but this was a game that represented a major upgrade in scheduling, and it was a contest that we were not likely to win. I refused to join in the lynch mob mentality of those posters calling for Breiner's ouster after the blowout. There are eight more games in the season, and a winning record, indeed the PL championship, is still very much a possibility.

You claimed to support all Fordham sports and that is proposterous. You would have been trashing basketball for three weeks if they played like this. You would have killed the attendance and argued they have no business even playing the league. You would have mocked them barely beating CCSU a bad team in a bad conference. Yet now you call people a lynch mob who are criticizing football in a way that pales in comparison to your treatment of basketball which you most certainly do not and have not supported despite your assertions. One person commented on the dismissal attendance in the game thread, Richie68.  Everyone else ignored it, I remeber entire attendance threads in the hoops section which you and others here spearheaded.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2017, 08:11:50 am by Rich93 » Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: September 18, 2017, 11:57:48 am »

Perhaps today's Fordham students are just not that interested in Ram sports.

+1.  This is the only logical explanation.  Just stating the obvious that these students came to Fordham despite it's long and generally undistinguished performance in marquee athletics.  If the college sports fan experience were important to them most would have gone elsewhere.

Expecting these kids to show up because it's the right thing to do to support the team and alma mater is not realistic.  The only way you get them to show up is through enticements, having a brand name opponent come visit, and/or have a winning team.  Having said that, if we start getting really sustained success, particularly in basketball I think given there is limited FCS appeal, then I expect we would get a different kind of student.  Not trying to make it a basketball vs. football thing because ultimately success in one provides a base to build up the other.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: September 18, 2017, 12:39:49 pm »

Jesus Christ...I can't wait til we win a few games and everyone stops bickering (hopefully)
Report Spam   Logged
Scott W 86
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: September 18, 2017, 01:06:49 pm »

I bet McShane loves it when Fordham sports fans are fighting about which sports program to raid for funds!

... rather than pushing him to support athletics in ways to raise all boats. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: September 18, 2017, 01:23:28 pm »

I bet McShane loves it when Fordham sports fans are fighting about which sports program to raid for funds!

... rather than pushing him to support athletics in ways to raise all boats. 

He could care less.  If he did care he would get the non-sports fan/Emmy watching student body to get their fannies into seats.

We are lost....
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: September 18, 2017, 03:05:09 pm »

He could care less.

So you are saying he cares to some extent.
Report Spam   Logged

NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: September 18, 2017, 03:17:18 pm »

So you are saying he cares to some extent.

Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: September 18, 2017, 05:14:13 pm »

I havent seen one post here asking for Breiner to be fired, as you allude to in your post FUCOP, so please point one out if there is one.

HKRam's reply no. 5 in the Defensive Autopsy thread.

However, he should now be on hot seat. Given the nature of the hire, he doesnt get 4 years to make it work.  He gets 2.

I have no problem with a short leash, but I want a thoughtful decision made at the end of the season. Any talk now about firing this coach or starting a Pecora-like thread is just foolish and harmful to the program, in my opinion.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: