fordhamfans.com
December 16, 2017, 11:00:34 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Patriot league is now the worst fcs conf in the country

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Patriot league is now the worst fcs conf in the country  (Read 3228 times)
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« on: September 16, 2017, 08:58:42 pm »

And just like that the patriot league is back at the bottom. For a second it looked like a conf on the rise but looking at the level of play so far , it's clear how bad this league is.

The only team showing any promise is holy cross , everyone else stinks.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2017, 09:01:37 pm »

Is this opinion or based on ratings of some sort?
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2017, 09:10:48 pm »

Is this opinion or based on ratings of some sort?

Based on the following list of teams who have beaten up on our league

Monmouth
Sacred heart
Yale
Marist

Report Spam   Logged
Rob Smith
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2017, 09:12:52 pm »

Tell that to Holy Cross.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2017, 09:16:44 pm »

Tell that to Holy Cross.

Go back and read my post
Report Spam   Logged
dajr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2017, 09:26:51 pm »

Consider that Colgate played two excellent games and nearly beat two ranked teams. Think Lehigh will bounce ,showed potential almost beat number 10
Villanova.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2017, 10:49:29 pm »

Consider that Colgate played two excellent games and nearly beat two ranked teams. Think Lehigh will bounce ,showed potential almost beat number 10
Villanova.

Agreed on HC and Colgate but not on Lehigh.  They're the only other ones with an arguably worse start than us
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2017, 10:50:42 pm »

Based on the following list of teams who have beaten up on our league

Monmouth
Sacred heart
Yale
Marist

Just opinion, got it.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Ram1
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2017, 11:25:20 pm »

concerning losses, and I don't like it, but a little bit of an overstatement.
Report Spam   Logged
Sader87
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2017, 11:26:01 pm »

League is off to an inauspicious start granted, but I don't think it's as dire as some here and elsewhere are making it out to be.

Lehigh: disappointing start but played Villanova tough...overall though, given preseason predictions, the biggest disappointment so far.

Colgate: 1-2 but won at Cal-Poly, played Richmond tough, lost to a decent FBS Buffalo.

Fordham: like Gate, 1-2 but aren't you pretty much where most thought you'd be record-wise given the schedule?

HC: probably the biggest surprise in nearly beating UConn and then beating UNH.

Bucknell: they are who they usually are....1-2, beat Marist badly lost to HC and W&M.

Lafayette: new coach etc... a disappointing 0-3 but basically where most probably thought they'd be

GTown: given the fact they aren't giving scholarships etc they are who they are.

Aside from Lehigh, I don't think most teams are really too far away from where most expected them at this juncture.

Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2017, 01:34:52 am »

Facts have never gotten in the way of Madram's negative bloviating. Is there anything about Fordham athletics that he likes?
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2017, 02:19:36 am »

The PL followed Fordhams lead and went to scholarships 4-5 seasons ago, I believe.  It is surprising and disappointing that the League isn't stronger.  Holy Cross seems to be stepping forward, finally... maybe...

Colgate's close losses and Lehigh playing Villanova tough are hardly something to be excited about.  The PL isn't the worst conference in the country but it isn't getting a lot of bang for the buck at this point.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2017, 06:54:55 am »

Facts have never gotten in the way of Madram's negative bloviating. Is there anything about Fordham athletics that he likes?

Facts? Have you payed attention to how the league has performed? This is not  about Fordham this is about the patriot  league. If you are so upset about my post I'll change it for you. " The Patriot league is probably the worst fcs conf in the country"

If not the worst , we are fighting with the Pioneer league and the Northeast 10 for the worst, how's that? Make you feel better? A far cry from the dreams of competing with the fcs elite and playoffs runs. 
Report Spam   Logged
novaguy
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2017, 10:22:22 am »

Since the only PL team I follow is F, can't offer a knowledgeable opinion of the entire league beyond what I have actually seen.  Lehigh truly played NOVA tough and although the game's outcome was was fairly certain, L impressed.  One very good receiver who clearly would have started for NOVA, a bruising and tough running back and what seemed like a competent OL.  NOVA's game against Temple which the Cat's could have won furthered my favorable impression of L.  Since then, however, the PL has appeared outmanned.  Lafayette was terrible last night.  No scores, only 77 yds in total offense and a D that gave up 59 points, despite NOVA, sitting first team entire second half and attempting only 3 passes.

Perhaps L will wake up as it did last year and F has had a rough schedule to date; EWSU and Army are challenges that would test any CAA club so perhaps we should hold off on selling PL out.
Report Spam   Logged
2ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2017, 10:34:29 am »

Perhaps L will wake up as it did last year and F has had a rough schedule to date; EWSU and Army are challenges that would test any CAA club so perhaps we should hold off on selling PL out.

hard to argue that EWSU and Army would give any CAA club a run, and i believe the opposite is mostly true: most CAA clubs would give Army and EWSU a run as well.

but that is not the case for us or most of the PL. we got blown off the field. not even close.
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 17, 2017, 10:50:17 am »

Facts? Have you payed attention to how the league has performed? This is not  about Fordham this is about the patriot  league. If you are so upset about my post I'll change it for you. " The Patriot league is probably the worst fcs conf in the country"

If not the worst , we are fighting with the Pioneer league and the Northeast 10 for the worst, how's that? Make you feel better? A far cry from the dreams of competing with the fcs elite and playoffs runs. 
You might be right, but how many of these games and teams have you seen?  Besides conference affiliation, what do you know about any of the PL's OOC opponents and their programs?  You looked at the lowest common denominator and drew a conclusion ... I guess we're supposed to accept your opinion as fact given your track record for well conceived analysis here at fordhamfans.com?  Give us something.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 17, 2017, 01:12:30 pm »

We are now a middle of the pack Patriot League team, and if we lose to Bucknell then we are a lower tier Patriot League team.  The Patriot League (minus Georgetown) called Frank's bluff and responded with scholarships.  Now the playing field is level.  CCSU and Bryant are at the bottom of the Northeast Conf.  We already see how we competed vs. CCSU.  Next week's game against Bryant is a must win for our credibility.  This has all happened in the last 3 years.  #1 Coach Joe left (no-brainer for him), #2 the rest of the conference is now on the same playing field with scholarships, #3 we now have a "no-search" 31 yr old head coach who has no defensive focus(does that show commitment from the administration?), #4 We have arguably the worst facilities in the Patriot League.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2017, 02:05:34 pm »

It's too soon to pack it in for this season. No reason to think we can't compete the rest of the way.  We still have a great QB and chase will be back.  The O-line will improve and I don't see any PL team cracking the top 10.  We have our issues in the future but we can play with the PL this year.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2017, 10:47:01 pm »

Right now, let's worry about being competitive and winning the league.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2017, 07:57:09 am »

Right now, let's worry about being competitive and winning the league.

+1, this is a right the ship week and game.  If we don't play disciplined, aggressive football this week then lets prepare to acknowledge that a panic button is within arm's reach.
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2017, 09:39:01 am »

I think the PL is as good as it has been top to bottom in a few years. Fordham is actualyl the team that I think needs to get it going. I expect HC, LEhign, and COlgate to be very tough outs. LC should get some time with a new coach. Bucknell and Gtown? Well yeah...
Report Spam   Logged
DFW HOYA
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2017, 04:58:18 pm »

Hard to argue after this week.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2017, 07:20:40 am »

Points allowed by PL teams.

Lehigh- 65 points put on them by Penn
G'Town- 35 in a loss to Columbia ( see the difference a coach makes with Columbia).
Fordham- 45 in a loss to Bryant
Colgate-45 in a loss to Furman
Bucknell -31 in a win over Sacred Heart
Lafayette-38 in loss to Pronceton
HC- 27 in loss to Dartmouth

Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2017, 08:34:02 am »

Wow. No one plays defense.   We'll be right up their in thick of the PL race...
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 01, 2017, 07:40:50 am »

Another embarrassing weekend across the board for the PL. Anyone still want to challenge me on this?
Report Spam   Logged
98ramgrad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 01, 2017, 07:50:57 pm »

aS LONG AS THE SWAC IS OUT THERE, WE WILL BE 2ND TO LAST.
Report Spam   Logged
ramjam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 01, 2017, 08:36:10 pm »

It's probably the worst of the auto bid conferences. No team has a winning record.
Report Spam   Logged

Be the Hammer, Not the Nail
Go...gate
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 01, 2017, 11:09:04 pm »

Let's remember that some of this was predictable because many of our members are playing tougher OOC schedules than three or four years ago.   Big difference when you are playing Big Sky, CAA, Big South, SoCon and a vastly improved NEC instead of mostly Ivy clubs.  More FBS games, too.   
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 01, 2017, 11:38:34 pm »

I guess the Patriot League should add one or two more clubs to avoid what is looking more and more like chronic OOC and FBS beatdowns.

Maybe you do add a Carnegie Mellon, Johns Hopkins, or Williams type of program. At least the current PL teams will feel good about winning again and they can stop carrying about their AI.

Lady fingers would love these match ups.
Report Spam   Logged
ramjam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2017, 05:46:25 am »

I guess the Patriot League should add one or two more clubs to avoid what is looking more and more like chronic OOC and FBS beatdowns.

Maybe you do add a Carnegie Mellon, Johns Hopkins, or Williams type of program. At least the current PL teams will feel good about winning again and they can stop carrying about their AI.

Lady fingers would love these match ups.
Pioneer League. Non scholarship auto bid conference, like the Patriot League used to be. Davidson, Dayton, Marist are the ones that would be a good fit. Some weird geography as teams like San Diego, Drake, Butler, Valaparaiso, Morehead State (KY), Campbell (NC) Stetson (FL) and Jacksonville are also in that league.
Bucknell beat Marist 45-6 and Georgetown lost to Marist 14-12 this year. Georgetown beat Campbell 16-10.  Princeton beat San Diego 27-17. This week Marist plays Columbia and Brown plays Stetson.
Report Spam   Logged

Be the Hammer, Not the Nail

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: