fordhamfans.com
December 17, 2017, 10:54:41 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham New team podcast

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham New team podcast  (Read 3182 times)
bpetty2
Waterboy

View Profile
« on: September 20, 2017, 11:22:33 am »

Brenton Petty a senior on the team is starting a new podcast for the upcoming season, similar to the Road Trippin with Cavs by Richard Jefferson, where he will interview players on the team, to talk about practices, games and etc. Fans will get an in-depth experience about the team and some of the new players on the team. Also it will be a great opportunity for fans to listen to what really goes on in the Fordham program! The first episode will be listed tomorrow 9/21 and its first guest will be sophomore Chuba Ohams. To subscribe to the podcast please click here.

https://www.brentonpetty.com/brenton-petty-podcast
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

DCRam
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2017, 11:56:23 am »

Cool.

Brenton and I are graduates of the same high school so I am always rooting for him.
Report Spam   Logged
bpetty2
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2017, 01:14:33 am »

Episode 1 is now available https://www.brentonpetty.com/blank-4
Report Spam   Logged
marcusmv3
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2017, 01:52:00 am »

I subscribed on that link ( https://www.brentonpetty.com/brenton-petty-podcast ), got a few equivalent emails saying I subscribed, and pretty sure that crashed the site. Sorry guys. When it was up, I saw no way to play the podcast nor any links to it anyway.

Edit: the link direct to the podcast works, thanks! Great work. First link shows error 404 now though.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2017, 04:18:22 am by marcusmv3 » Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2017, 07:56:19 am »

Brenton's interview of Chuba provided a number in insights into what happening with the team, the new players, what went on last season, and glimpses of what we should expect this year.  Good job by Brenton supplying much needed information.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2017, 08:23:07 am »

That was a fun listen.  Shorten up the questions a bit and get rid of the "talk about". I look forward to the next week.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2017, 08:59:27 am »

Good listen. Looking forward to hearing from some other players. The transfers would be interesting, hearing why they chose Fordham and how they are acclimating.

One suggestion would be to find ways to let the interviewee talk a bit more, which might be less fun for you b/c it means you talk less, but could make for a better interview.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
bpetty2
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 11:51:15 pm »

Episode 2 of the podcast is now posted! Really good information from transfer guard Tre Evans.

please click this link to listen https://www.brentonpetty.com/blank-4
Report Spam   Logged
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2017, 01:06:47 pm »

Thanks, Brenton. Big improvement on your part from the first week to the second. Keep it up. You ask good questions and you get good info out of your guests.
I am impressed by both Chuba and Tre an I look forward to seeing them play together.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 28, 2017, 01:49:46 pm »

Good stuff, Brenton! These interviews are nice and informative and I look forward to the next.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 28, 2017, 01:53:18 pm »

These interviews get fans to look forward to the season.  Looking forward to next week. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
joea
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 28, 2017, 02:56:54 pm »

Really good stuff. Looking forward to the next interview. Well done, Brenton.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 29, 2017, 10:38:49 am »

Ha, I think Pekarek could aim a little higher than Steve Novak!  Although I'll take it if he can hit 46% from 3 like Novak did for his college career.  And I used to love when he'd do the discount double check championship belt celebration after a 3 a la Aaron Rodgers.  Seems like forever ago but those 2013 Knicks weren't too bad, eh?

Anyway, nice interviews so far.  Love to hear about the defensive intensity. Man those practices must be brutal.  But love even more hearing about the outside shooting.  Bombs away, dudes.  If we get some guys nailing high 30s and 40%+ from 3 this year I think y'all will prove the A-10 prognosticators wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
bpetty2
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 07, 2017, 10:59:00 pm »

Episode 3 of the podcast is now available! Interview with Will Tavares and his struggles last year and how he has become a totally different player this year.

Click this link

Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 08, 2017, 12:06:51 pm »

Episode 3 of the podcast is now available! Interview with Will Tavares and his struggles last year and how he has become a totally different player this year.

Click this link

You went back to answering the questions you were asking your guest.  You talked more than Will did.  You need to let your guest speak for himself. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2017, 04:06:44 pm »

Sounds like things are going well for the team. I was pleased to hear the high expectations Will has for himself and I was pleased Brenton seemed to share those expectations.
I was happy to hear the positive mention of Ivan. That was good news. I also was happy to hear Will considered himself and Perris the best on ball defenders on the team. I think Nemanja is a pretty good on ball defender and if Will and Perris are better than him, we have 3 top defenders.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2017, 10:52:18 pm »

I also was happy to hear Will considered himself and Perris the best on ball defenders on the team.

A good general rule: Unless you're Kobe Bryant, don't reference yourself as the best on-ball defender on the team. That's horses*t coming off the season he had. A "totally different player" wouldn't refer to himself as the best at anything.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2017, 11:17:07 pm »

A good general rule: Unless you're Kobe Bryant, don't reference yourself as the best on-ball defender on the team. That's horses*t coming off the season he had. A "totally different player" wouldn't refer to himself as the best at anything.

This kid has worked harder than other player on our roster in the off-season, and you hit him with that comment? Let the kid do his thing - he could be a factor this season.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2017, 01:04:01 pm »

This kid has worked harder than other player on our roster in the off-season

For Rambacker, the Larry Flynt-looking computer bot: Why has he "worked harder than anyone else on the roster?" aside from the MBB tweet that says "he's worked hard?"
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2017, 01:12:04 pm »

For Rambacker, the Larry Flynt-looking computer bot: Why has he "worked harder than anyone else on the roster?" aside from the MBB tweet that says "he's worked hard?"

Just leave the kid alone and let him play.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2017, 01:19:40 pm »

Just leave the kid alone and let him play.

I hope he enjoys a great season. Competition for PT will be stiff...

My point was that it's not useful to talk about yourself as being the best on-ball defender. Just do it, let the coach or teammates praise your play; especially after last year.
Report Spam   Logged

Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2017, 01:30:21 pm »

The season hasnít even started yet.  Enough.  Help Petty with his podcast and stop the garbage.   As usual I am excited for the season. Enjoy the build up because we know it can go sideways fast.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2017, 01:41:35 pm »

Is Frank McLaughlin the Executive Producer on the Podcast like he was the Executive Producer on the Chasing Greatness Documentary for football?
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2017, 01:44:31 pm »

The access gives the platform potential to be really good.

My advice for BP is to be more specific with what he wants to cover. Keep the format regimented.

So far, so good, and it'll get better with time.
Report Spam   Logged

ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2017, 03:12:16 pm »

Peter, no need for the additional commentary/personal insults.
Report Spam   Logged

PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2017, 03:14:28 pm »

Peter, no need for the additional commentary/personal insults.

Roger that, but it could be a compliment. RIP Hugh Hefner.
Report Spam   Logged

drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2017, 04:05:07 pm »

The season hasnít even started yet.  Enough.  Help Petty with his podcast and stop the garbage.   As usual I am excited for the season. Enjoy the build up because we know it can go sideways fast.

Maybe it isn't his place to say it, but considering his playing time the coaches must have thought his D was pretty good.  Fifth on the team in minutes played and per game, and after getting out of the gate pretty well on offense he struggled.  I think it's good he recognizes it was a disappointing season and appears to be working to improve.  From the footage posted on twitter this summer it did seem he was improving his body.  We will see if his play steps up.  We can use his size and athleticism at the wing.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2017, 04:38:56 pm »

Maybe it isn't his place to say it, but considering his playing time the coaches must have thought his D was pretty good.  Fifth on the team in minutes played and per game, and after getting out of the gate pretty well on offense he struggled.  I think it's good he recognizes it was a disappointing season and appears to be working to improve.  From the footage posted on twitter this summer it did seem he was improving his body.  We will see if his play steps up.  We can use his size and athleticism at the wing.

And it does seem that Brenton agrees he is much improved on both ends, and the game at this level is slowing down for him. This is all just practice. When the rubber hits the road in games the key will be maintaining through adversity.  When the first shots don't necessarily go down.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2017, 05:00:11 pm »

These interviews are fun to hear.  We get some information and a chance to help a Fordham student pursue his career. I like a guy who puts himself out there and Brenton is doing that. Good for him 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2017, 06:33:35 pm »

These interviews are fun to hear.  We get some information and a chance to help a Fordham student pursue his career. I like a guy who puts himself out there and Brenton is doing that. Good for him 

Agreed. And a great service to the fans as it's info about the players and their mindset that I don't usually hear. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: