fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 06:53:18 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham New team podcast

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham New team podcast  (Read 2054 times)
Sufferam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 09, 2017, 08:50:42 pm »

Just registered for podcast. Very enjoyable. Keep up the good work Brenton.
Report Spam   Logged
bpetty2
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2017, 10:14:25 pm »

Episode 4 is now available! This week episode is joined by Joe Chartouny who discusses his summer playing on the Lebanese National team and his plans for the future, whether he will stay for his senior year or go pro.

Click this link:

https://www.brentonpetty.com/blank-4
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2017, 10:35:03 pm »

This is the best one yet. I will give you a pass for not giving fordhamfans.com a shout out, it’s that good!
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2017, 10:45:07 pm »

Episode 4 is now available! This week episode is joined by Joe Chartouny who discusses his summer playing on the Lebanese National team and his plans for the future, whether he will stay for his senior year or go pro.

Click this link:

https://www.brentonpetty.com/blank-4

Nice job, I like the non-softball Q's, not an easy thing to do. Keep in mind, when you pose these questions, you want to frame it in context of the team/program, not just Chartouny Inc. etc (Right?)

Aside from JC talking at length about his pro aspirations, he did speak well of the talent around him; suggesting an overall upgrade despite CS/AA departures...JC praise for Neubauer's pro scout contacts. Mutual back-scratching, all good.

Surprised to hear JC conclude with Steph Curry? I'd think Ginobili is a more accurate comp for style/ability, but maybe anyone between 4 and 24 wants to be Steph.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2017, 10:52:17 pm »

Considering that I think there is a 95 plus percent chance that JC leaves after this season, I find it ironic that he trashed AA and CS, even though I agree with him.
Report Spam   Logged
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2017, 10:53:12 pm »

I found Joe's take on Antoine and Christian very Interesting.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 12, 2017, 10:56:14 pm »

Considering that I think there is a 95 plus percent chance that JC leaves after this season, I find it ironic that he trashed AA and CS, even though I agree with him.

Very different if he goes pro instead of transferring to a different program. I guess we will see what happens.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 12, 2017, 10:56:42 pm »

Ilumuninating interview, insights into the departing players not buying into the system. Joe is a thoughtful even keeled guy which will serve him well for his future endeavors. Good show!
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 12, 2017, 11:02:53 pm »

He left his options open depending on outside circumstances, like getting drafted, and gave FU thanks for making his life easier by accepting 30 pre-FU credits and giving him the opportunity to pursue a Masters degree at FU, if he stays here a year after he graduates. What's wrong with any of that?
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 12, 2017, 11:08:14 pm »

Very different if he goes pro instead of transferring to a different program. I guess we will see what happens.

Agreed. He said all the right things. First acknowledging the opportunity Fordham gave him and showing appreciation for the education he is getting. At the same time he honestly talked about wanting to go pro and acknowledged how this staff is helping him.  Great to hear.

Biggest take aways: wants to play with guys who want to be here and Havsa running the point.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
w89
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 13, 2017, 08:13:29 am »

This series of pods is really getting me pumped for the upcoming season.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 13, 2017, 09:21:17 am »

This series of pods is really getting me pumped for the upcoming season.

Good to hear.  Not directed at you but in general: enthusiasm is great but turn it into attendance at games if possible especially early season. It is a problem in college basketball in general. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 13, 2017, 10:46:03 am »

Biggest take aways: wants to play with guys who want to be here and Havsa running the point.

Yup. Interesting comment about guys buying into the system.  Also Havsa running the point and Joe evidently at off-guard, and even at forward.  It seems like first unit will include Tavares, since Joe specifically mentioned how much better he got (just like Brenton did during his interview with Will).  Joe also gives a shout out to guys we have back who know what it takes to win, while acknowledging it wasn't a great season.  I take that to mean we have guys who played in some wins when pressed into service, guys that did buy in.

The 3 who are gone, Hawkins, Sengfelder and Anderson, sure, that's a lot of points, but also a lot of shots.  When healthy, Prokop went for 15 and 5 in the win against St. Joe's, 13 and 7 against UMass, 10 and 8 against Davidson.  Will Tavares went for 10 and 5 in the St. Joe's win.  Havsa played 20 minutes with 10 points in the Dukes win, had 12 and nearly saved the GW game.  Bunting played 24 minutes and had 7 boards against St. Louis.  He nailed the free throws in OT against St. Joe's.  Chuba had 10 boards, 2 steals and a block in the VCU win.  Pekarek lit up the Bonnies in the OT loss in 2016 and played big minutes in the stretch run.

Sure, i am cherry picking highlights.  But look at a late loss against LaSalle.  Hawkins didn't play.  Prokop was out.  Sengfelder went 2-9, Anderson 1-11.  Chuba kept us in early, 12/7 with 2 blocks in 23 minutes (and only 2 fouls).  JC, Will, Havsa and Ohams played a ton of minutes and were better than Anderson and Sengfelder.    I think those guys improving and adding minutes and shots, and Evans, Hicks and Raut, will more than make up for the losses, if they are all buying in.  Like the article on the Warriors Peter posted, if everyone gets to touch the ball, shooters, passers, etc., and there's movement, the whole can beat the sum of the parts.  And the parts don't look too bad.    And I like the fact the team picked it up in the second half each year.  In 2016 from 3-9 in conference we closed out 5-1.  In 2017 after the poor OOC we start 0-3 in conference and things are spiraling out, then we go on a 7-5 conference run with some huge wins.

Oh well, pre-season.  Hope springs eternal.
Report Spam   Logged
Sufferam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 15, 2017, 02:29:23 pm »

#4 is best yet.  Petty's learnin' to fly (into great wide open). Keep it up kid!
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 15, 2017, 04:08:58 pm »

#4 is best yet.  Petty's learnin' to fly (into great wide open). Keep it up kid!

Absolutely. Thanks, Brenton and keep up the good work.  [Am I alone in wondering why our crack athletic department isn't providing this sort of publicity for the team?]
Report Spam   Logged
Bob Schaffer
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2017, 08:26:57 pm »

Absolutely. Thanks, Brenton and keep up the good work.  [Am I alone in wondering why our crack athletic department isn't providing this sort of publicity for the team?]
Report Spam   Logged
Bob Schaffer
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2017, 08:30:58 pm »

I am hoping that the communications department picks up on this young manís good work and encourages future students to try similar things.  Good stuff.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 16, 2017, 10:18:44 am »

I am hoping that the communications department picks up on this young manís good work and encourages future students to try similar things.  Good stuff.

The people who have the initiative, like Brenton, do the job.  If anyone else out there wanted to do it, they would have done it already. Keep it going, Brenton!
Report Spam   Logged
85RAM
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: Today at 12:42:33 pm »

Eagerly awaiting the next episode
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: