fordhamfans.com
November 24, 2017, 10:52:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"

Poll
Question: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"
Absolutely, he should be on the hot seat now - 38 (45.8%)
Yes, if we lose next week - 5 (6%)
Let's give it a few more games - 5 (6%)
Wait til the end of the year - 26 (31.3%)
No - 9 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"  (Read 12469 times)
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #480 on: November 13, 2017, 05:26:14 pm »

I feel like this is one of those arguments I could you so easily taking the opposite side of if some posters had made your argument for cleaning house but keeping AB.  You're thrusting a new staff upon him (and the program) for another year and what is it that you're saying he's actually bringing to the table?  To me, if you have a senior guy or two that you have in mind (e.g. - Argast), that's fine.  However, forcing an entirely new crew in there imo seems like you're delaying the inevitable and comes off to me like a cowardly way out.  

Let him go and start over ... or have your tough meeting, offer to help with new staff but still let him choose the team he'll go to battle with.  

You're assuming this is Roach's call to keep or fire him.  I don't believe it is. I think he can make a recommendation but doesn't have final say.  Assuming AB stays, I think he needs a lot of help.  He had the opportunity to bring coaches in and didn't do well with it.   Now if he wants to keep the job, he has to come in with assistants with real resumes.  Also, it's not just next year.   Whether AB stays past next year or not, you still have to put a respectable team on the field.  There were times this season when we were a total crap show. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 [17] 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: