fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 03:01:09 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"

Poll
Question: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"
Absolutely, he should be on the hot seat now - 34 (44.2%)
Yes, if we lose next week - 5 (6.5%)
Let's give it a few more games - 5 (6.5%)
Wait til the end of the year - 24 (31.2%)
No - 9 (11.7%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"  (Read 8697 times)
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #180 on: October 10, 2017, 08:16:04 pm »

FuCop, the coach sucks and you're a cracker.

HKRam - from myself (and anyone else that wants in on this) - GFY! Take a break from your lame BS and have a "pickanick" to relieve some stress.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #181 on: October 10, 2017, 08:18:02 pm »

Fake News.

Provide Sources. You have 0 credibility. See all your Odom/DE nonsense from last year as my proof.

I ALREADY DID ON PREVIOUS THREADS, VERIFIED ON GOOGLE AND HAVE DIRECT FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE.

See this is what is funny.  There is a standard out there amd our administration is unwilling to meet a standard and the Lemings like 07 and fucup69 and others are unwilling to accept the facts.  

Sad....too bad complacency has set in with so many on this site.

Sad!!
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #182 on: October 10, 2017, 08:24:21 pm »

I ALREADY DID ON PREVIOUS THREADS, VERIFIED ON GOOGLE AND HAVE DIRECT FIRSTHAND KNOWLEDGE.

See this is what is funny.  There is a standard out there amd our administration is unwilling to meet a standard and the Lemings like 07 and fucup69 and others are unwilling to accept the facts.  

Sad....too bad complacency has set in with so many on this site.

Sad!!

Provide the links please. Must've missed it. Hard to keep track with HK starting threads like they're going out of fashion.

I'm not unwilling to accept anything. I'll gladly say we're behind the pack on this, if we are. I just don't trust someone on the internet who has been horribly wrong in the past.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #183 on: October 10, 2017, 08:28:18 pm »

FuCuP69.....I love your thought process to improving our football program...."why should we get one if no one else has one".  Good logic.

Anyway, back to your "much needed" info from me.  Everyone on our schedule this year and last has a Logo'd Cargo truck except for Elizabeth State City, Lafayette, Georgetown and Cent. Connecticut St.  Everyone else has one.  So we are in very "elite" company by not having one.

I you're going to make an issue about the things the program lacks, maybe you want to start with a real weight room?  Priorities.  Just sayin'...
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #184 on: October 10, 2017, 08:39:06 pm »

07, I've started about five threads in six years. Use your other hand to count monkeyboy.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #185 on: October 10, 2017, 08:41:18 pm »

07, I've started about five threads in six years. Use your other hand to count monkeyboy.

Let me know if you need my two year old to help you with spelling - PICKANICK
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #186 on: October 10, 2017, 09:15:17 pm »

Fake News.

Provide Sources. You have 0 credibility. See all your Odom/DE nonsense from last year as my proof.

speaking of Fake News.....can you please let me know what I stated was incorrect with Odom?  I am just telling you what I was told directly from two NFL coaches.  Was I wrong in the fact that I called him "stone hands", was I wrong in the fact that 2 coaches told me that would look to move him to DE?  Do you think that NFL coaches can tell if a player is capable of blocking or tackling?   

I love (actually I don't love it, it is annoying) how defensive you get with my facts that you disagree with.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #187 on: October 10, 2017, 09:26:02 pm »

Provide the links please. Must've missed it. Hard to keep track with HK starting threads like they're going out of fashion.

I'm not unwilling to accept anything. I'll gladly say we're behind the pack on this, if we are. I just don't trust someone on the internet who has been horribly wrong in the past.

so boring....I have already done the research....you go find it.  Google Football equipment trucks.....very easy. 
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #188 on: October 10, 2017, 09:30:40 pm »

07, you may be about as dumb and as young as Coach Breiner. Please don't reproduce anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #189 on: October 10, 2017, 09:40:20 pm »

07, you may be about as dumb and as young as Coach Breiner. Please don't reproduce anymore.

Shocked

Alright, Pickanick.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #190 on: October 10, 2017, 09:50:55 pm »

speaking of Fake News.....can you please let me know what I stated was incorrect with Odom?  I am just telling you what I was told directly from two NFL coaches.  Was I wrong in the fact that I called him "stone hands", was I wrong in the fact that 2 coaches told me that would look to move him to DE?  Do you think that NFL coaches can tell if a player is capable of blocking or tackling?   

I love (actually I don't love it, it is annoying) how defensive you get with my facts that you disagree with.

You speak your opinions as if they are fact. That's your problem and that's why I point them out. I'm not doing the research. You made a claim. I called BS. It's on you to produce the evidence. That's how these things work.

You made these grandiose claims about Odom that turned out to be incorrect. If you said "I've heard that Odom may be asked to move to DE" then we're not talking about this. But you made claims that couldn't be substantiated and honestly I'm not really sure I believe the story about two NFL coaches feeding you information. Seems convenient that you brought that up only after Odom never sniffed the defensive side of the ball.

I also find it funny that you said I get annoyed with "facts I disagree with" yet you don't actually back up your "facts" and you full on attack anyone that disagrees with you by using that stupid Rose-colored glasses BS. I've been very critical of the Admin in the past and you even found a post from 3 years ago where I advocated for a defensive minded coach. I've been critical of the defense since well before AB.

Look at the company you've attracted. HK is trying to sit at your lunch table and become best buds. I know you're better than that but here we are.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #191 on: October 10, 2017, 10:08:27 pm »

You speak your opinions as if they are fact. That's your problem and that's why I point them out. I'm not doing the research. You made a claim. I called BS. It's on you to produce the evidence. That's how these things work.

You made these grandiose claims about Odom that turned out to be incorrect. If you said "I've heard that Odom may be asked to move to DE" then we're not talking about this. But you made claims that couldn't be substantiated and honestly I'm not really sure I believe the story about two NFL coaches feeding you information. Seems convenient that you brought that up only after Odom never sniffed the defensive side of the ball.

I also find it funny that you said I get annoyed with "facts I disagree with" yet you don't actually back up your "facts" and you full on attack anyone that disagrees with you by using that stupid Rose-colored glasses BS. I've been very critical of the Admin in the past and you even found a post from 3 years ago where I advocated for a defensive minded coach. I've been critical of the defense since well before AB.

Look at the company you've attracted. HK is trying to sit at your lunch table and become best buds. I know you're better than that but here we are.

https://mir-s3-cdn-cf.behance.net/projects/202/ac0de829800179.560424c7d821f.jpg
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 10, 2017, 10:20:26 pm »

You have no idea what that is lol... I'll just agree that if we're ACTUALLY one of the few
FCS teams that don't have a dedicated equipment truck, then were behind the pack. As AOC pointed
Out, there's probably 10 other things that should be addressed first. We work out in a closet, going nuts over a cargo truck is misplaced anger.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #193 on: October 10, 2017, 10:24:50 pm »

You have no idea what that is lol... I'll just agree that if we're ACTUALLY one of the few
FCS teams that don't have a dedicated equipment truck, then were behind the pack. As AOC pointed
Out, there's probably 10 other things that should be addressed first. We work out in a closet, going nuts over a cargo truck is misplaced anger.

I am not misplacing anger.....my point is that this is just one example.  There has to be a Fordham alum that owns Cargo trucks.  All it takes is a logo'd side, decals and stickers......Looks 100 times better than the graffiti-filled U-Haul truck.  I agree 100% that a weight room and offices are way more in important.  I am just talking about low hanging fruit.  If Monmouth has one than why the Hell don't we?  I am not comparing us to West Point, Navy, Eastern Michigan, Ball St., UConn, etc.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #194 on: October 10, 2017, 10:34:33 pm »

I am not misplacing anger.....my point is that this is just one example.  There has to be a Fordham alum that owns Cargo trucks.  All it takes is a logo'd side, decals and stickers......Looks 100 times better than the graffiti-filled U-Haul truck.  I agree 100% that a weight room and offices are way more in important.  I am just talking about low hanging fruit.  If Monmouth has one than why the Hell don't we?  I am not comparing us to West Point, Navy, Eastern Michigan, Ball St., UConn, etc.

You can say that about a lot of things when comparing Fordham to other schools that we should consider peers and even schools that we should hold an advantage over. That's just the sad truth.  Embarassed
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #195 on: October 10, 2017, 10:35:04 pm »

Anyway, back to your "much needed" info from me.  Everyone on our schedule this year and last has a Logo'd Cargo truck except for Elizabeth State City, Lafayette, Georgetown and Cent. Connecticut St.  Everyone else has one.  So we are in very "elite" company by not having one.

Yes indeed, we may be looked at as very astute for not wasting money on a truck which is used on average 5-6 times a year.  I can easily imagine the total costs of renting for those at most 5-6 days is less than the total cost of ownership (inclusive of both purchase price and opportunity cost properly weighted for time value of money, plus all annual costs of excise taxes, maintenance, insurance, etc.).

Of all the things to criticize our football program for needing, you pick the absolute least compelling thing.  You are the kind of fan (and I'm being generous here) that administrators make fun of.  Please stay away from Fr. McShane or you will taint all football fans by association.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 10, 2017, 10:41:06 pm »

In the West Point thread you actually did compare us to West Point.  You posted a link to a picture of the Army truck.

If it's this important to you, be that alum and donate the truck and stop making this so inexplicably important.

If it were up to me, I'd focus on the things that make an actual difference and not worry about "looks".
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #197 on: October 10, 2017, 10:44:38 pm »

Yes indeed, we may be looked at as very astute for not wasting money on a truck which is used on average 5-6 times a year.  I can easily imagine the total costs of renting for those at most 5-6 days is less than the total cost of ownership (inclusive of both purchase price and opportunity cost properly weighted for time value of money, plus all annual costs of excise taxes, maintenance, insurance, etc.).

Of all the things to criticize our football program for needing, you pick the absolute least compelling thing.  You are the kind of fan (and I'm being generous here) that administrators make fun of.  Please stay away from Fr. McShane or you will taint all football fans by association.

McShane: Football? Is that where im asked to sit during nap time 5-6 times a year? That's a varsity program? I thought the program folded last century? You sure that's not the Prep? Go get Jeff, I need to be briefed on this.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #198 on: October 10, 2017, 10:47:15 pm »

I will present you, DamnRam with a big, giant, huge missclap...... act small, think small......be small.  Don't worry when I speak to Fr. McShane I never bring up, nor would I ever bring up the graffiti filled U Haul truck.  I speak to him in much bigger and broader terms.....But I will bring up our 31 year old coach.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #199 on: October 10, 2017, 10:49:03 pm »

McShane: Football? Is that where im asked to sit during nap time 5-6 times a year? That's a varsity program? I thought the program folded last century? You sure that's not the Prep? Go get Jeff, I need to be briefed on this.

Actually funny 07, very funny.....Sad, true, but funny.  100% spot on.

and by the way, it is Jeff Jerry Jones Grey, just to correct the record.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #200 on: October 10, 2017, 10:51:49 pm »

Thought you make like that one  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #201 on: October 10, 2017, 10:53:04 pm »

FuCuP69.....I love your thought process to improving our football program...."why should we get one if no one else has one".  Good logic.

Hey man, it's as simple as this: you say 90%, then back it up. You say "many" or "most" then ok.

This board is devolving into b.s. and name calling and it ain't good. Facts, opinions, put 'em out there and let's talk. B.S. and name calling, take it somewhere else.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #202 on: October 10, 2017, 10:54:13 pm »

I will present you, DamnRam with a big, giant, huge missclap...... act small, think small......be small.  Don't worry when I speak to Fr. McShane I never bring up, nor would I ever bring up the graffiti filled U Haul truck.  I speak to him in much bigger and broader terms.....But I will bring up our 31 year old coach.

No, it's not thinking small, it's thinking big.  Big things happen when you manage your investments carefully.  I remember working for a company that didn't do this.  They spent a lot of money on a really fancy office because they felt it important to think big, look big, etc.  They went out of business.  By contrast I worked for a company that had a really beat up office.  They invested their money much more carefully, putting it into things that mattered.  They prospered.

That's fine.  He'll probably tell you "let's wait till the end of the season regarding the coach and then we'll evaluate", and then if you persist he'll think that he's said what can be said right now and move on to talk to someone else.  I've seen him do that kind of thing.  It's the right thing to do as well.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #203 on: October 10, 2017, 11:43:36 pm »

Hey man, it's as simple as this: you say 90%, then back it up. You say "many" or "most" then ok.

This board is devolving into b.s. and name calling and it ain't good. Facts, opinions, put 'em out there and let's talk. B.S. and name calling, take it somewhere else.

Ok, I stand corrected.....there are approximately 130 FBS teams and from my research, knowledge, first hand experience and communications with insiders there are approximately 98% of these schools that have these logo'd trucks or approximately 127 FBS schools with Logo'd trucks.  There are approximately 130 FCS schools but for all practical purposes there are 110 FCS schools that care about athletics (Fordham being one of them).  From my research, knowledge, first hand experience and communications with insiders I estimate that 70% of the FCS schools that give a sh!t about athletics have a logo'd football equipment truck or aproximately 77 FCS schools with logo'd equipment trucks. 

This means that there are approximately 127 FBS and 77 FCS schools with logo'd trucks out of a possible 240 FBS and FCS schools combined. 

Therefore, I was wrong.  There are not 90% of the schools with logo'd trucks but actually approximately 85% of the schools with logo'd trucks and Fordham is not one of them. 

SAD!!
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #204 on: October 10, 2017, 11:46:02 pm »

No, it's not thinking small, it's thinking big.  Big things happen when you manage your investments carefully.  I remember working for a company that didn't do this.  They spent a lot of money on a really fancy office because they felt it important to think big, look big, etc.  They went out of business.  By contrast I worked for a company that had a really beat up office.  They invested their money much more carefully, putting it into things that mattered.  They prospered.

That's fine.  He'll probably tell you "let's wait till the end of the season regarding the coach and then we'll evaluate", and then if you persist he'll think that he's said what can be said right now and move on to talk to someone else.  I've seen him do that kind of thing.  It's the right thing to do as well.

apples and oranges......meaningless.  So we spend $14 million on football but yet we are pinching pennies in a good way and making wise long term decisions for our University and the football team.  That is the dumbest things that I have every heard.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #205 on: October 11, 2017, 12:50:00 am »

No it is not. His last name is spelled GRAY. You could have checked the spelling on the Fordham website before posting your silly little insult, but you were too busy bitching and moaning about a lousy cargo truck. You are really un fion.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #206 on: October 11, 2017, 07:32:26 am »

No it is not. His last name is spelled GRAY. You could have checked the spelling on the Fordham website before posting your silly little insult, but you were too busy bitching and moaning about a lousy cargo truck. You are really un fion.

Thanks Sparky.....Go put your complacency hat back on........ALL IS WELL!!

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #207 on: October 11, 2017, 07:34:43 am »

What is actually funny is that 10% of the responders on this thread don't think that AB should be on the "Hot Seat"......FuCop69 must have multiple log-in's.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #208 on: October 11, 2017, 08:01:57 am »

Ok, I stand corrected.....there are approximately 130 FBS teams and from my research, knowledge, first hand experience and communications with insiders there are approximately 98% of these schools that have these logo'd trucks or approximately 127 FBS schools with Logo'd trucks.  There are approximately 130 FCS schools but for all practical purposes there are 110 FCS schools that care about athletics (Fordham being one of them).  From my research, knowledge, first hand experience and communications with insiders I estimate that 70% of the FCS schools that give a sh!t about athletics have a logo'd football equipment truck or aproximately 77 FCS schools with logo'd equipment trucks. 

This means that there are approximately 127 FBS and 77 FCS schools with logo'd trucks out of a possible 240 FBS and FCS schools combined. 

Therefore, I was wrong.  There are not 90% of the schools with logo'd trucks but actually approximately 85% of the schools with logo'd trucks and Fordham is not one of them. 

SAD!!

Thanks. Interesting exercise . . .

A few comments:

In the final analysis I don't think FBS teams are pertinent. They are a different level, not the same league.

If your point is that having a truck shows commitment to running a program correctly, then you have to include all that play FCS football. You can't eliminate 20 because they aren't committed. So that may drop the number a little more. Just curious: who are those 20 schools?

Lastly, who in the PL aside from HC has trucks?
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #209 on: October 11, 2017, 08:49:50 am »

apples and oranges......meaningless.  So we spend $14 million on football but yet we are pinching pennies in a good way and making wise long term decisions for our University and the football team.  That is the dumbest things that I have every heard.

"Pinching pennies"?  No, more like managing a budget smartly.  Doing something just because you think everyone else is doing it is not in itself a good reason to do something, especially when you do so because you are worried about how something might "look".  In fact, those are the dumbest reasons to do something.  That kind of thinking is exactly why schools are now so unaffordable, and why some go out of business.  Budgets are at the end of the day just the sum of a lot of incremental expenses and you either have the money for all of those expenses or you don't.

Having said that, I will allow that there might be a good reason for buying a cargo truck, which is IF the total cost of ownership might be lower in the long term than renting.  Then I could see how such a decision might be justified.  Even then though there is the opportunity cost factor, which is that there is something more critical to the University or the football team right now.  I'm guessing that this is the reason why they don't have a truck, assuming of course that they even feel that this is actually a need.

Which brings me back to... If you feel the need and return is so great, why don't you just buy the truck for the school, either with your own funds or get something organized?  Fordham has far too many people who are full of ideas for what Fordham should do, yet we have far too few who actually put their time and money into those same ideas.  This is as you say a "really low hanging fruit", so I would think it would be quick and easy for the football backers to get it done.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 11 12 ... 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: