fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 03:03:29 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"

Poll
Question: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"
Absolutely, he should be on the hot seat now - 34 (44.2%)
Yes, if we lose next week - 5 (6.5%)
Let's give it a few more games - 5 (6.5%)
Wait til the end of the year - 24 (31.2%)
No - 9 (11.7%)
Total Voters: 77

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"  (Read 8697 times)
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #210 on: October 11, 2017, 09:28:22 am »

Thanks. Interesting exercise . . .

A few comments:

In the final analysis I don't think FBS teams are pertinent. They are a different level, not the same league.

If your point is that having a truck shows commitment to running a program correctly, then you have to include all that play FCS football. You can't eliminate 20 because they aren't committed. So that may drop the number a little more. Just curious: who are those 20 schools?

Lastly, who in the PL aside from HC has trucks?

Georgetown is committed?  The only PL teams that don't have them are GTown, Fordham and Lafayette.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #211 on: October 11, 2017, 09:32:39 am »

"Pinching pennies"?  No, more like managing a budget smartly.  Doing something just because you think everyone else is doing it is not in itself a good reason to do something, especially when you do so because you are worried about how something might "look".  In fact, those are the dumbest reasons to do something.  That kind of thinking is exactly why schools are now so unaffordable, and why some go out of business.  Budgets are at the end of the day just the sum of a lot of incremental expenses and you either have the money for all of those expenses or you don't.

So since we have done such a great job managing our budget is the reason why Fordham's all in tuition, room and board is only $70k per year but every (oops, excuse me.....A large majority of schools) school south of the Mason/Dixon Line is 50 cents on the dollar to northeast schools like Fordham?

Imagine if we "mismanaged" our budget.  Would our tuition, room, board be $80k per year and rising?

P.S. You are correct DamnRam, I love that we drive around in a graffiti filled box truck representing Fordham.  I am sure the Guards at the  Gates pulled that truck over and inspected every inch of it when it drove up to the security booth when we played West Point. 
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #212 on: October 11, 2017, 09:52:08 am »

Georgetown is committed?  The only PL teams that don't have them are GTown, Fordham and Lafayette.

No, it's whether you compete at the FCS level; that's the baseline number.  Commitment is a function of other things (budget, priority, facilities, etc.)

I think it's fair to say that G'town is not committed to competing in FCS football at a high level. 

The question is whether Fordham is committed, and whether the budget (which I understand is competitive with other PL schools) is apportioned in a way that makes sense.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #213 on: October 11, 2017, 10:15:30 am »

Actually, the graffiti covered truck was all part of our, "New York is my campus " campaign.

Kudos to the marketing people!

Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #214 on: October 11, 2017, 12:56:17 pm »

Thanks Sparky.....Go put your complacency hat back on........ALL IS WELL!!

BLAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Once again you lie like a rug. No one on these boards has said that all is well with the team this year. That is another claim with no basis in fact that you pulled out of your ass. Just a way for you to post that juvenile video clip. Shut down your computer now and go downstairs. Mommy has your lunch ready.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #215 on: October 11, 2017, 01:32:15 pm »

FucOp, Your caregivers have the jello ready -red or white today?

BTW, AD is negotiating a game with Rice for 2024.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #216 on: October 11, 2017, 01:56:58 pm »

Game in Texas -- great idea, seriously. I like it.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #217 on: October 12, 2017, 04:49:17 am »

Game in Texas -- great idea, seriously. I like it.
Who said it was in Texas? Evil
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #218 on: October 12, 2017, 07:10:06 am »

Its a "No Breiner"
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 12, 2017, 07:56:51 am »

FucOp, Your caregivers have the jello ready -red or white today?

7 years from now?  That doesn't sound accurate.
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2017, 08:06:17 am »

It's what I was told by a buddy over there. I have no way to verify. Apparently there is some internal discussion about Duke and a program in New Mexico (not sure who) as well.

I just hope that we aren't paying them $500,000 to beat the snot out of us in their own stadium.
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 12, 2017, 08:45:11 am »

I just hope that we aren't paying them $500,000 to beat the snot out of us in their own stadium.
what the bleep are you talking about?  Where do you get this crap?

Point to an example when we have ever paid to play up against a I-A team or paid for a road game.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 12, 2017, 08:47:24 am »

It's what I was told by a buddy over there. I have no way to verify. Apparently there is some internal discussion about Duke and a program in New Mexico (not sure who) as well.

Your posts are not just juvenile, they are factually wrong. Big schools pay us to play them, not the other way around.  There is more than enough substance to discuss Breiner's situation. This is just nonsense.
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 12, 2017, 08:49:59 am »

85, you effin moron. I was being factious about payout
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 12, 2017, 08:51:24 am »

Attack the posts, not the poster.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #225 on: October 12, 2017, 08:52:50 am »

Be careful Antonio, I may just happen to say hello at a game....so you can hide under your seat. you quivering little non athlete pettifogger
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #226 on: October 12, 2017, 09:11:07 am »

Be careful Antonio, I may just happen to say hello at a game....so you can hide under your seat. you quivering little non athlete pettifogger

Cheesy

Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #227 on: October 12, 2017, 10:48:23 am »

85, are you going to try to belly bounce me? When you do, please unplug your oxygen tank. I wouldn't want to you to keel over old timer.

Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #228 on: October 12, 2017, 11:29:13 am »

Playing Rice-- that's great-- they'll score 100 points on us
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #229 on: October 12, 2017, 12:14:14 pm »

Playing Rice-- that's great-- they'll score 100 points on us

You can see 7 years into the future now? Dang, that's sweet.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #230 on: October 12, 2017, 12:57:12 pm »

Our budget is not the problem, but I would not go one emphasizing/bragging/etc. that it is so large.  The primary reason why our FB operating budget is towards the top of the FCS level is simply because of our NYC metropolitan location.  We all know that NYC has a much higher cost of living than most areas of the country.  I would like to think that our coaches are paid fairly, but touting our bid budget is not based on a commitment to being successful but rather our expensive NYC address.  I highly doubt our staff is not making a mint while coaching at Fordham.

Now facilities, that is a completely separate issue.  We get a F- for facilities and until we wake up, develop a serious plan to upgrade facilities (for all sports) with a major athletics campaign we will never be able to excel at a higher level.  And I don't care what our travel van looks like.

Where Fordham will has succeeded is finding younger coaches that have a passion to coach at a higher level.  Clawson and Moorhead are those type of people.  I am not sure Beiner is.
- It was obvious, Clawson developed a plan to get the best talent in the door, play the best players that will show progress each year to a point where it impresses enough to get to the next bigger level/paycheck ASAP.  He didn't care about tanking a year if that would pay off in getting younger guys valuable playing time to excel at a faster rate in the years to come.  He basically had the same philosophy as my HS baseball coach.  If you have a Sophomore and a Senior competing for the same position and they they are at the same level, pick the Sophomore as the production level this year will be no worse than the senior, but he will be in a better position to improve sne be set up for success for two more years, versus miss out on that valuable year of experience. 
- Moorhead worked at a lower level at G-Town and reached a pinnacle of a bowl game at UConn, as well as the middle ground at Akron.  Again, he saw Fordham as a shot to prove himself as a HC; show progress and get to the next level ASAP.  He was smart enough to realize he had studs on the offensive side of the ball and with his offensive mind, he could win by outscoring the other team.

I wish Breiner all the best and was hoping he could turn this around.  My gut tells me he simply is not ready to be a head coach (maybe not smart and/or experienced enough?) or simply does not have the killer drive to succeed like other younger coaches that have elevated their careers at a rapid rate.   It is not an easy gig, but he was given the opportunity and ultimately he has to deliver.  I think he has to win at least 3 games this year to keep his job. 
- If your only wins are a last minute comeback at CCSU and scholarship-less G'Town, that is not going to cut it.  Add in the decent amount of talent on the roster and it looks worse.  Let face it, if you had to rank the teams by Most Disappointing Season, we could arguably finish in the top spot. 
- Maybe AOC can chime in, but do you think he made the right decisions with the coaching staff? Does he manage them well?  Do they respect AB? 
I have no idea but when Kaup asked earlier how did he go 8-3 last year? Other than graduating seniors, the only real difference is the staff right?  So what gives?  Other than the obvious of a few key injuries (which every team has), why is this team underperforming?

CHAKA

PS. I hope we schedule Rice, lower FBS team in a prime recruiting market and likely a decent pay day.
PSS. We need FBS transfers and possibly jucos for next year.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #231 on: October 12, 2017, 01:02:24 pm »

Attack the posts, not the poster.

Very Jesuit of You.  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #232 on: October 12, 2017, 02:44:10 pm »

So since we have done such a great job managing our budget is the reason why Fordham's all in tuition, room and board is only $70k per year but every (oops, excuse me.....A large majority of schools) school south of the Mason/Dixon Line is 50 cents on the dollar to northeast schools like Fordham?

Imagine if we "mismanaged" our budget.  Would our tuition, room, board be $80k per year and rising?

I didn't say I agree with everything Fordham does.  In fact, if you were to actually read some of my other posts you'd know I've repeatedly called for Fordham to make some very hard decisions on what to cut back and what to focus on.  When I talk about managing a budget, I'm talking about not spending money stupidly.

As to your sweeping comparison of cost of Fordham vs. schools in an entirely different region, you seem blissfully unaware of small details such as costs varying wildly by region and city, some schools getting state support, some schools having a more focused scope, differences in endowment, etc.  You know, little things that make all the difference for those who have to actually run the school but mean nothing to trolls such as yourself who want to be able to make a point without concern for the truth.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 12, 2017, 07:27:03 pm »

HK Ram is a weasel. Little Bespectabled pettifogger.Bring it!
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 12, 2017, 09:00:55 pm »

85, Is that all you got fat ass? Guaranteed you'd only gotten into the College of Staten Island if you applied today you cromagnon idiot. As for the Antonio BS, are you Inspector Clouseau monkey brains?

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 12, 2017, 10:58:59 pm »

85, Is that all you got fat ass? Guaranteed you'd only gotten into the College of Staten Island if you applied today you cromagnon idiot. As for the Antonio BS, are you Inspector Clouseau monkey brains?

PICKANICK

PICK-A-NICK

Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 12, 2017, 11:16:51 pm »

Good luck with Colgate.

"I think you are a piece of crap"  - now that was class 07! Typical Fordham idiot.

Were you one of those commuters?

Report Spam   Logged
ramdad
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #237 on: October 13, 2017, 07:46:13 am »

You guys bickering back and forth just ruin this.  Please stop
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #238 on: October 13, 2017, 08:01:47 am »

Good luck with Colgate.

"I think you are a piece of crap"  - now that was class 07! Typical Fordham idiot.

Were you one of those commuters?

Ha! That's rich coming from you.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #239 on: October 13, 2017, 08:07:21 am »

You guys bickering back and forth just ruin this.  Please stop

+1

Please stop!
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 6 7 [8] 9 10 11 12 13 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: