fordhamfans.com
November 24, 2017, 05:22:26 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"

Poll
Question: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"
Absolutely, he should be on the hot seat now - 38 (45.8%)
Yes, if we lose next week - 5 (6%)
Let's give it a few more games - 5 (6%)
Wait til the end of the year - 26 (31.3%)
No - 9 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"  (Read 12466 times)
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: October 17, 2017, 06:58:52 am »

the donor base was split re: Pecora.  Yes, some big donors wanted to keep TP.  Others wanted him out.  Different circumstances than with the AB hire.  IMO, the Gridiron Club holds a lot more away over the football program than the Rebounders Club and hoops donors do over the basketball program.

No way.  The firing of Pecora was over heavy objection and threats to pull big money off the table. And those threats were carried out. The firing of Pecora was a far tougher sell by Roach than hiring of a 31 y/o assistant. Plus, Pecora had a contract extension to deal with , so not only did we lose donor money, we had to pay Pecora.
Roach made the right call on Pecora, the right call on Neubauer and his teams are winning across the board. I cant believe he pushed aside with this hire.

At this juncture, you appear to be the only poster who is insinuating that the Griidiron Club was responsible for this hire.  One other poster insists that it was Moorhead being able to leapfrog the AD and force the hire .......otherwise, there really isnt too much intel on how this hire went down......most of the football posters are in deep hiding....
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: October 17, 2017, 09:06:00 am »

Your twisting what I wrote.

No way.  The firing of Pecora was over heavy objection and threats to pull big money off the table.
that does not mean that donors were not split.  I didn't dispute that some donors opposed firing Pecora but it was not a united front.  There were divisions.  I believe that the Gridiron Club was more united than was the Rebounders Club and I wrote that I think the GC is more influential than the RC.

At this juncture, you appear to be the only poster who is insinuating that the Griidiron Club was responsible for this hire. 
I didn't insinuate that.  I believe the club was a factor -- one of several.  Moorhead was probably more infuential and part of his influence may have been to get the GC's support behind the hire.  I don't get the sense that this was quite as influential as Dave Clawson's support for Foley but I stand by what I wrote earlier -- (paraphrasing) that posters are kidding themselves if they think that they would have stood up to a popular and influential coach, the booster club and significant support from players.  Those are tough constituencies to overcome.  We can all wish that the administration would be stronger in the face of those pressures.  I think some posters dismiss them too easily.

The only thing I should have corrected is implying that all the players were behind AB.  Instead of writing "the players", which suggested all the players, I should have written "many". 

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: October 17, 2017, 09:14:08 am »

+1
Iím not going to explain my credibility, but at the time of ABís hiring there was a significant number of players that were pretty unhappy about the decision.  So, he didnít have the entire room from the start.

Why were they unhappy?

It just seems odd to me that this stuff is coming out now, during a terrible season. Where were these mumblings when he was hired? or during last season?

If you're not going to explain your credibility (seems like an odd thing to start with, but ok), help us understand your point. What did the players see that Moorhead didn't?
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: October 17, 2017, 09:32:02 am »

I didn't insinuate that.  I believe the club was a factor -- one of several.  Moorhead was probably more infuential and part of his influence may have been to get the GC's support behind the hire.  I don't get the sense that this was quite as influential as Dave Clawson's support for Foley but I stand by what I wrote earlier -- (paraphrasing) that posters are kidding themselves if they think that they would have stood up to a popular and influential coach, the booster club and significant support from players.  Those are tough constituencies to overcome.  We can all wish that the administration would be stronger in the face of those pressures.  I think some posters dismiss them too easily.

The only thing I should have corrected is implying that all the players were behind AB.  Instead of writing "the players", which suggested all the players, I should have written "many". 

If the booster club and a coach going out the door had as much influence as you say we are in major trouble.  The GC does a nice job but I don't see how they have the juice to move the needle much.  Our football office remains on the drawing board because the money is very slow coming in.   Any AD that looks to players for significant input on these hires is a guy abdicating his responsibility.  I don't believe Roach did that.  The idea of AB getting the job was ok'd from above and if Roach had input otherwise, it was ignored.  He is a team player and does what his bosses want.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: October 17, 2017, 10:07:57 am »

If the booster club and a coach going out the door had as much influence as you say we are in major trouble.  The GC does a nice job but I don't see how they have the juice to move the needle much.  Our football office remains on the drawing board because the money is very slow coming in.   Any AD that looks to players for significant input on these hires is a guy abdicating his responsibility.  I don't believe Roach did that.  The idea of AB getting the job was ok'd from above and if Roach had input otherwise, it was ignored.  He is a team player and does what his bosses want.

spot on
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: October 17, 2017, 05:20:01 pm »

no one here was AB to go more than me; it's because he's awful.  I mean just an awful coach with horrible people skills.

No one is getting rid of him durum the year.  For what -- we will have a loosing record even if we win out the year.  Nothing to gain.

We need to ride out the storm.  It's going to be demoralizing but it's inevitable.

Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: October 19, 2017, 08:19:01 pm »

no one here was AB to go more than me; it's because he's awful.  I mean just an awful coach with horrible people skills.

No one is getting rid of him durum the year.  For what -- we will have a loosing record even if we win out the year.  Nothing to gain.

We need to ride out the storm.  It's going to be demoralizing but it's inevitable.

You are either a disgruntled player or parent
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: October 19, 2017, 08:36:39 pm »

Where were you last year, Fred?
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: October 19, 2017, 09:56:34 pm »

Fred,  how do you have all of this intimate knowledge of the team, coach and situation?
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: October 19, 2017, 10:22:35 pm »

Everything I've been saying has come to light as true.........
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: October 19, 2017, 10:57:17 pm »

And you still haven't answered my question: where were you last year? Was or was not Breiner as "awful" as you now claim? If so, why didn't you bring that up last season.

Answer the question, or continue to duck it and prove that you're a worthless cowardly troll.
Report Spam   Logged

HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: October 20, 2017, 03:03:24 am »

Fucop, Didn't Ace warn us all about hurling abuse. Please stop. I've completely laid off of you.

BTW, I've just landed in Ho Chi Minh City. Would you know if the game is being livestreamed live here?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: October 20, 2017, 07:46:34 am »

Fucop, Didn't Ace warn us all about hurling abuse. Please stop. I've completely laid off of you.

BTW, I've just landed in Ho Chi Minh City. Would you know if the game is being livestreamed live here?

@FUCoP69, I am going to agree with HKRam here. Comments like you made are what start flame wars. We don't need that. It's only been a week, but it has been a good week as far as that stuff goes. I would like for it to continue.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: October 20, 2017, 11:29:13 am »

Mind your own posts. This has nothing to do with you.
Report Spam   Logged

FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: October 20, 2017, 11:34:17 am »

@FUCoP69, I am going to agree with HKRam here. Comments like you made are what start flame wars. We don't need that. It's only been a week, but it has been a good week as far as that stuff goes. I would like for it to continue.

ace, I'll accept a reprimand from you, but not from HKRam. He's in no position to chastise anyone, given his posting history. In any event, my post was not directed at him.

Fred has still not answered my question. I do believe that he is a troll.
Report Spam   Logged

Rob Smith
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: October 20, 2017, 02:58:01 pm »

In the scheme of things this is minor, but can someone tell AB to not have a pencil sticking out of his hat during his weekly video previews? Appearances matter and it looks stupid in an obvious promotional video.
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: October 20, 2017, 05:01:01 pm »

Obviously AB not using the pencil to write anything down
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: October 20, 2017, 05:05:12 pm »

and frankly I really don't care with some dickheads have to say about me... when AB is in the unemployment line soon, we all will be for the better
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: October 20, 2017, 06:25:57 pm »

First ban is 2 days. Next is permanent.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: October 20, 2017, 06:52:02 pm »

Fucop, You know how you complain incessantly about my posts as being annoying?  I can tell you that quite a number of us find yours equally (if not more so) annoying. I've not taken a bat to you in over a week. Show a bit more respect and stop with your anger laden rants and personal attacks directed at posters who you disagree with. Be civil.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: October 20, 2017, 09:46:27 pm »

Fucop, You know how you complain incessantly about my posts as being annoying?  I can tell you that quite a number of us find yours equally (if not more so) annoying. I've not taken a bat to you in over a week. Show a bit more respect and stop with your anger laden rants and personal attacks directed at posters who you disagree with. Be civil.

You couldn't possibly have ever played college football. Certainly not for Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: October 21, 2017, 02:13:50 am »

Madram, That's because why?

I'm uncertain if you're trying to insult me or paying me a compliment.

Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: October 21, 2017, 08:13:22 am »

I don't see how the coach survives....to me the bigger issue is holding someone accountable for such a ridiculous hire and making sure there is accountability up the line going forward...this type of a hire never should have happened in the first place.......

http://www.goarmywestpoint.com/coaches.aspx?rc=446&path=football
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:44:07 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: October 21, 2017, 09:56:28 am »

I don't see how the coach survives....to me the bigger issue is holding someone accountable for such a ridiculous hire and making sure there is accountability up the line going forward...this type of a hire never should have happened in the first place.......

What are you intending to communicate by including this link?
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Lurker
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: October 21, 2017, 10:00:16 am »

When was the last time we had a head coach who worked his way up on the defensive side of the ball?  Masella? It may be time.

I think the program is at the same spot it was at the Foley to Masella handoff.  The talent is there, I think. The right staff can turn this around and get it heading in the right direction quickly.  
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: October 21, 2017, 10:17:05 am »

What are you intending to communicate by including this link?

You need an explanation ?   Ive been posting possible HCs here for a couple of weeks. 

I honestly think its a foregone conclusion on Breiner.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: October 21, 2017, 10:19:26 am »

The entire fan base can watch the games and reach these conclusions. The season is a train wreck, one doesn't need to purport to have inside knowledge to see that. It is painfully obvious.  Hoping for better today.  Seems like a winnable game.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: October 21, 2017, 01:39:48 pm »

Really? Your answer for a new coach is An outside linebackers coach from army? No coordinator experience and 8 seasons as a defensive assistant.. wow you really swung for the fences with this hire. Please tell us what in gods name qualifies this guy to be our new head coach
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: October 21, 2017, 03:25:16 pm »

What a train wreck
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: October 21, 2017, 03:52:29 pm »

I understand the sentiment, but starting a thread is silly. One, you have made your feelings known countless times. Two, it’s just not going to happen.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: