fordhamfans.com
November 24, 2017, 05:22:45 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"

Poll
Question: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"
Absolutely, he should be on the hot seat now - 38 (45.8%)
Yes, if we lose next week - 5 (6%)
Let's give it a few more games - 5 (6%)
Wait til the end of the year - 26 (31.3%)
No - 9 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"  (Read 12466 times)
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #390 on: October 21, 2017, 03:58:22 pm »

What a train wreck

Those who scream the loudest often know the least
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #391 on: October 21, 2017, 03:59:45 pm »

Is this a well coached team Madram? If so, I stand corrected.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #392 on: October 21, 2017, 04:36:23 pm »

Is this a well coached team Madram? If so, I stand corrected.

The team is bad and having a bad year we all can see this but what does screaming and crying about firing the coach every chance you get solve? If the AD feels a cha e is needed. He will make the move and I'm fine with that but screaming about it and incessantly posting about it solves nothing and brings no value.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #393 on: October 21, 2017, 04:46:31 pm »

Come on HK.... this is a silly thread......there is enough substance here....you are just trying to provoke people......most had this had this penciled in as a win and it appears they will hold on.... let em enjoy it if they hold on for a W..
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #394 on: October 21, 2017, 04:58:18 pm »

This is not great football by any stretch but at least I see a team who hasnít given up and just mailed it in.  Theyíre fighting.
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #395 on: October 21, 2017, 05:01:01 pm »

Yes PA they're fighting....against a bad high school team.

I hear Friday Night Lights II is being filmed at Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #396 on: October 21, 2017, 05:29:31 pm »

Yes PA they're fighting....against a bad high school team.

I hear Friday Night Lights II is being filmed at Fordham.

Thatís one of the things that everyone without an axe to grind looks for to determine if a coach has completely lost a team or not. 
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #397 on: October 21, 2017, 05:36:07 pm »

Good thing they allowed AB to coach the second half and didn't listen HK Ram
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #398 on: October 21, 2017, 06:38:47 pm »

Good thing. They really dominated a team that doesn't offer any scholarships......

How do you think Raggedy Andy would fare against Columbia or Don Bosco Prep?

Top 25 to top 225. Great coach, youre right. What was I thinking Madram...

Report Spam   Logged
FU85
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #399 on: October 21, 2017, 07:32:33 pm »

Good thing. They really dominated a team that doesn't offer any scholarships......

HK,
     I'm sorry to report but bosco is very beatable right now and it's tough on us alum but I get your point
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #400 on: October 21, 2017, 07:41:18 pm »

With this thread, your unceasing attacks on Coach Breiner have moved from personal ax grinding to completely obsessive. Everyone here knows how you feel. What are you trying to prove?
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #401 on: October 21, 2017, 07:52:34 pm »

Merging with hot seat thread.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #402 on: October 21, 2017, 08:25:36 pm »

FuCop,

You said publicly that you weren't going to respond to me. Now that you're back at it. I'd be really interested to know what your thoughts were as to the timing of Breiner's public hanging.

Spending some time today at the Cuchi tunnels in my shiny green suit. Ditty mao!

Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #403 on: October 21, 2017, 08:54:39 pm »

FuCop,

You said publicly that you weren't going to respond to me. Now that you're back at it. I'd be really interested to know what your thoughts were as to the timing of Breiner's public hanging.

Spending some time today at the Cuchi tunnels in my shiny green suit. Ditty mao!

I have already posted that I believe that Dave Roach should review every aspect of this season, and make his decision on staffing shortly after the end of the season. If he decides that Breiner has to go, so be it. The same for the assistants.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
toby
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #404 on: October 24, 2017, 02:42:31 pm »

http://kstp.com/sports/st-thomas-2017-miac-preview-caruso-perra/4574022/

he will be taken soon...

10 years as HC = 100 + wins and counting.

Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #405 on: October 24, 2017, 03:07:50 pm »

HK,
     I'm sorry to report but bosco is very beatable right now and it's tough on us alum but I get your point

Teal's not Toal, for sure.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #406 on: October 24, 2017, 03:12:20 pm »

http://kstp.com/sports/st-thomas-2017-miac-preview-caruso-perra/4574022/

he will be taken soon...

10 years as HC = 100 + wins and counting.

I don't have any interest in a guy that's been coaching that long at a lower level. Would rather go after the experienced assistant that has the drive to be a HC and advance his career.

This guy may very well be a good coach, but I see 10 years in one spot and I'd be worried about his drive to coach at the highest levels and his ability to adapt to an entirely new recruiting game.
Report Spam   Logged
toby
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #407 on: October 27, 2017, 11:47:49 am »

I don't have any interest in a guy that's been coaching that long at a lower level. Would rather go after the experienced assistant that has the drive to be a HC and advance his career.

This guy may very well be a good coach, but I see 10 years in one spot and I'd be worried about his drive to coach at the highest levels and his ability to adapt to an entirely new recruiting game.

hmmm, I guess I would have to disagree with your above statement....I think there would be more than a few successful D3 HC's that made successful careers after the jump to a higher-level.

off the top of my head:

Jim Tressel
Brian Kelly

Again, without doing any research those two come to mind as fairly decent coaches.  IDK, you?
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #408 on: October 27, 2017, 12:32:50 pm »

Maybe he had family reasons.  Maybe he liked the job security that success brings.  Maybe he's waiting for the right personal/professional situation.  You have no idea what his reasons are.  There's not a hell of a lot of difference between the upper level of D-III and the PL. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #409 on: October 27, 2017, 01:40:00 pm »

hmmm, I guess I would have to disagree with your above statement....I think there would be more than a few successful D3 HC's that made successful careers after the jump to a higher-level.

off the top of my head:

Jim Tressel
Brian Kelly

Again, without doing any research those two come to mind as fairly decent coaches.  IDK, you?

Kelly is a good example. A dozen years at Grand Valley State.

No so sure about Tressel, I think all his time at YSU was I-AA, but for a year or two maybe.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #410 on: October 27, 2017, 01:56:41 pm »

Kelly is a good example. A dozen years at Grand Valley State.

No so sure about Tressel, I think all his time at YSU was I-AA, but for a year or two maybe.

Chuck Priore   

6 yrs. DIII Trinity   
71-60 at Stony Brook.

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #411 on: October 27, 2017, 01:59:23 pm »

off the top of my head:

Jim Tressel
Brian Kelly

Of course there's going to be exceptions, and what I said was clearly a generalization. We're allowed to disagree too, so I'm not going to change my stance on it. I would prefer to take my chances on a JM/DC type guy. Young coach looking to move up the ranks.

But if you tell me we're getting the next Kelly, then sign me up.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #412 on: October 27, 2017, 02:02:29 pm »

Maybe he had family reasons.  Maybe he liked the job security that success brings.  Maybe he's waiting for the right personal/professional situation.  You have no idea what his reasons are.  There's not a hell of a lot of difference between the upper level of D-III and the PL. 

I have no idea what his reasons are but that doesn't change my overall point. Generally speaking I'd prefer the type of guy I mentioned above. However, I could change my opinion with the right person and under the right circumstances.
Report Spam   Logged
toby
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #413 on: October 27, 2017, 02:22:28 pm »

Of course, everyone is allowed their viewpoint on a potential hire in the bronx. (not even sure there will be a job rec this year).  Healthy dialogue is better than what has been posted in the past.

I would agree with the earlier point that Glenn, and his family, probably feel very comfortable living in the upper midwest and at St. Thomas.   My point, the guy is a huge success and has built and led a program. He has only lost 16 games in now 11 seasons as a head-coach.  I posted the video perhaps to show the difference in demeanor compared to perhaps our current HC.  The guy exudes confidence and quoted that they have only dressed the same travel team 3 times over the course of 10 years - remarkable in the fact that he might know how to get the most out of his entire squad, week in and week out.

Holy Cross Fans have already listed him as a possible target. 

He has significant roots back here and there might be a draw to move up the ranks and take the challenge at the PL or higher-level.  By the way, he is only 43.  Not 53. So, I would suggest he is still youthful.

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #414 on: October 27, 2017, 02:34:25 pm »

Of course, everyone is allowed their viewpoint on a potential hire in the bronx. (not even sure there will be a job rec this year).  Healthy dialogue is better than what has been posted in the past.

I would agree with the earlier point that Glenn, and his family, probably feel very comfortable living in the upper midwest and at St. Thomas.   My point, the guy is a huge success and has built and led a program. He has only lost 16 games in now 11 seasons as a head-coach.  I posted the video perhaps to show the difference in demeanor compared to perhaps our current HC.  The guy exudes confidence and quoted that they have only dressed the same travel team 3 times over the course of 10 years - remarkable in the fact that he might know how to get the most out of his entire squad, week in and week out.

Holy Cross Fans have already listed him as a possible target. 

He has significant roots back here and there might be a draw to move up the ranks and take the challenge at the PL or higher-level.  By the way, he is only 43.  Not 53. So, I would suggest he is still youthful.

Sounds like you know a bit about him. Has be been targeted in the past, or interviewed maybe?

My only hope is that should we be looking for a coach this year, or when we do look for one in the future, that we do it the right way. We consider every possibility and we conduct an actual search. We're 0-2 now (in the past 10 years) in promoting a coordinator/coach from within and we've had a lot of success in finding a coach through a search. Masella had his down years, but he did win the same amount of PL titles as JM and DC.
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #415 on: October 28, 2017, 04:12:25 am »

Kaup It's 200 am on your local college campus. Guess what time it is where I am. You know you want to guess Inspector Clouseau. Clearly you didn't attend the law school or maybe you did and now you're a big time flunky New Jersey lawyer which would explain how you draw conclusions.

The answer is that it's 400 pm in Kuala Lumpur and its time to fire Pansy Andy. When I return home to London, also where no one has heard of Fordham, it will still be time to fire this crappy coach.

Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #416 on: October 28, 2017, 04:15:39 am »

Oh and Inspector Clouseau, Kuala Lumpur is in Malaysia - and London is in the United Kingdom. I kind of thought you might need a geography lesson after that quality education you received.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #417 on: October 28, 2017, 08:53:38 am »

When I return home to London,

That would explain the teeth...
Report Spam   Logged
charlietags
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 04, 2017, 06:29:59 pm »

Watching this game was painful.  The only solace was was Chase breaking the Patriot League Record. I Look at our defense and just don't see us see us being competitive.  Holy Cross was a team that we should have beat. And you all saw what happened. Pathetic.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 04, 2017, 06:44:42 pm »

Watching this game was painful.  The only solace was was Chase breaking the Patriot League Record. I Look at our defense and just don't see us see us being competitive.  Holy Cross was a team that we should have beat. And you all saw what happened. Pathetic.

Charlie, I merged  your thread with this thread b/c we really don't need another thread on what is basically the same subject.

I think this seals Breiner's fate. Not sure I would say that HC was a team we should have beaten though.

The only thing I think might save Breiner is that the team dealt with a lot of injuries to key guys almost all season. I don't think that should be enough to save him, but others whose opinions matter more might.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: