fordhamfans.com
November 24, 2017, 10:50:31 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"

Poll
Question: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"
Absolutely, he should be on the hot seat now - 38 (45.8%)
Yes, if we lose next week - 5 (6%)
Let's give it a few more games - 5 (6%)
Wait til the end of the year - 26 (31.3%)
No - 9 (10.8%)
Total Voters: 83

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Should Coach Breiner be on the "Hot Seat"  (Read 12469 times)
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #450 on: November 11, 2017, 01:34:42 pm »

Yes I think ed foley should have been given another year.. clawson left at the right time no more eakin, Watson or Dudley . No more kornegay no more McGrath .. loads of talent Gone.. foley was building back and never had a chance .. masella won a pl championship shortly after .. I think constant turnover is bad .. football is not a year to year sport. It's about recruiting and building a program not firing a coach because he has 1 bad year

As much as it shocks me to say this...I completely agree with Madram's post (in this one instance).  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #451 on: November 11, 2017, 02:35:12 pm »

Fucop/Gladram, Stop your revisionist history. Andy Winer took a highly competitive FCS program that was still on the upswing when JM left and drove it right into the ground. I'm not 100% certain that AB could even outcoach the Don Bosco or Fordham Preps. He is a terrible coach, and a complete cancer in the locker room. Aren't you two tired of losing to third rate Patriot League programs under this guy's tutelage? He's done, please stop.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #452 on: November 11, 2017, 03:16:56 pm »

Fucop/Gladram, Stop your revisionist history. Andy Winer took a highly competitive FCS program that was still on the upswing when JM left and drove it right into the ground. I'm not 100% certain that AB could even outcoach the Don Bosco or Fordham Preps. He is a terrible coach, and a complete cancer in the locker room. Aren't you two tired of losing to third rate Patriot League programs under this guy's tutelage? He's done, please stop.

The program was not on the upswing. In fact it had plateaued at best.  The cracks in the foundation were obvious if you were paying attention.  JM did a terrific job and was smart enough to move along when he could.

My issue with AB has little to do with the wins and losses.  Iím more concerned with his trying to be Moorhead Lite...  He ignored the defensive side of the ball, which is ridiculous.  I donít believe he had the confidence in himself to bring in strong coordinators.  Iím not impressed with the recruiting and it seems he has issues with team discipline.  Thatís an awful lot to have to address if he keeps his job.

Report Spam   Logged
Ramrookie21
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #453 on: November 11, 2017, 03:44:32 pm »

I agree with AOC that wins and losses are not the biggest/only issue with this years team. It is debatable whether this team had plateaued given the fact that most of the key offensive players weee returning and a coach that had been an assistant under JM should of been able to continue most of the offensive success. So what happened? And shouldnít the HC be held accountable for the results? I do not attack AB personally as I think that is immature and doesnít address the central issue which is AB an effective coach?

As far as the recruiting aspect, the freshmen and some of the sophomores have not played because the team has a lot of veterans and the coaches,especially the bea coaches that were not part of the recruiting circuit, have only focused on who they were told and the experienced players. I think it is inappropriate to assume that the recruits cannot play or donít look good if they were not even given an opportunity. Remember that many of the coaches that left were recruiting players based on what they thought was needed but they are no longer here. Injuries forced some freshmen to get looks but it is very hard for freshmen and some of the sophomores to earn playing time if the coaches donít know or believe they can handle college football when they donít know theses players. I am sure the new coaches looked at last years film and made decisions based on what they saw. FYI, most of the new coaches weee even hired for spring practice as they started in July when most players reported. Cannot emphasize enough the importance of a cohesive coaching unit that all are on the same page.
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #454 on: November 11, 2017, 04:35:51 pm »

The program was not on the upswing. In fact it had plateaued at best.  The cracks in the foundation were obvious if you were paying attention.  JM did a terrific job and was smart enough to move along when he could.

My issue with AB has little to do with the wins and losses.  Iím more concerned with his trying to be Moorhead Lite...  He ignored the defensive side of the ball, which is ridiculous.  I donít believe he had the confidence in himself to bring in strong coordinators.  Iím not impressed with the recruiting and it seems he has issues with team discipline.  Thatís an awful lot to have to address if he keeps his job.
Couldn't agree more.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #455 on: November 11, 2017, 04:45:41 pm »

You have proved yourself over and over to be a malicious troll who has a personal grudge against Coach Breiner. Your opinions on this subject are totally worthless. The only cancer around here is you. Get lost.
Report Spam   Logged

An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #456 on: November 11, 2017, 05:53:40 pm »

I agree with AOC that wins and losses are not the biggest/only issue with this years team. It is debatable whether this team had plateaued given the fact that most of the key offensive players weee returning and a coach that had been an assistant under JM should of been able to continue most of the offensive success. So what happened? And shouldnít the HC be held accountable for the results? I do not attack AB personally as I think that is immature and doesnít address the central issue which is AB an effective coach?

As far as the recruiting aspect, the freshmen and some of the sophomores have not played because the team has a lot of veterans and the coaches,especially the bea coaches that were not part of the recruiting circuit, have only focused on who they were told and the experienced players. I think it is inappropriate to assume that the recruits cannot play or donít look good if they were not even given an opportunity. Remember that many of the coaches that left were recruiting players based on what they thought was needed but they are no longer here. Injuries forced some freshmen to get looks but it is very hard for freshmen and some of the sophomores to earn playing time if the coaches donít know or believe they can handle college football when they donít know theses players. I am sure the new coaches looked at last years film and made decisions based on what they saw. FYI, most of the new coaches weee even hired for spring practice as they started in July when most players reported. Cannot emphasize enough the importance of a cohesive coaching unit that all are on the same page.

The "experienced" players stunk the place out, especially in the early going.  The defense has no clue against the pass.  We have a small defensive line.  If we had bigger players they'd see time.  The cubbard is bare.   If younger guys aren't getting time, it's for a reason.  This is a no red shirt league.  If a guy is on scholarship, he needs to be able to contribute.  If he can't, why did he get a scholarship?

High turnover on the coaching staff is a fact of life on this level and more so when there is a new HC.  This team is a mess on the field and in the coach's office.  Again, there is plenty of blame to go around, all the way up the line to whomever gave the OK for the brain fart not to do a search.  I could be wrong but I think AB gets another year so no one takes a hit on this. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ramrookie21
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #457 on: November 11, 2017, 06:43:55 pm »

I agree with most of your points AOC but disagree with the turnover statement you made.  Turning over 9coaches in one year is NOT commonplace when the HC has been promoted from within the program...that is simply not the case at the DIVISION 1 level.  If AB had come from outside the Fordham program and brought in his own guys, that might be the case but that is NOT the case this year.

You are right, the returning veterans didnít play well to start the season but whose fault is that??. And since the preseason was spent working with the experienced guys and not the underclassmen and the experienced guys ďstunkĒ as you put it, you would of been pleased with throwing the inexperienced freshmen in the mix? At the beginning of the season, we all thought this would be a good team competing for a PL title but they are not.

As far as the recruiting goes, Fordham recruited the players they wanted and most of that recruiting was led by AB so the ďblameĒ for not having recruited the right players lies with him.  Knowing several of the CT recruits, most, if not all, had other options for schools to attend besides/ in addition to Fordham. Fordham is NOT a FBS school for a reason and some of the players turned down FBS offers to come to Fordham for various reasons. At the end of the day, FORDHAM recruited these players because they thought they filled a need Fordham has and I donít believe FORDHAM missed the boat on this recruiting class BUT if they did, even more of a reason, AB should not continue to be HC.

in the end you are probably right that he will return next year to get another shot at fixing this program. I, like many other posters, am not sure he deserves it. (which has nothing to do with if it gets the chance to return)
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #458 on: November 11, 2017, 07:39:39 pm »

Yes I think ed foley should have been given another year.. clawson left at the right time no more eakin, Watson or Dudley . No more kornegay no more McGrath .. loads of talent Gone.. foley was building back and never had a chance .. masella won a pl championship shortly after .. I think constant turnover is bad .. football is not a year to year sport. It's about recruiting and building a program not firing a coach because he has 1 bad year

Foley was highly organized and a good recruiter. Not a great X and O guy nor motivator, IMO. I don't think he would have turned it around in a year 3.   No one was happy.  Those situations seldom get turned around.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #459 on: November 13, 2017, 09:13:53 am »

As much as it shocks me to say this...I completely agree with Madram's post (in this one instance).  Shocked  Shocked  Shocked

I was on those teams and I was on the field during his last game against Albany. A change was completely warranted. The team was so far lost, we may have ended up in Never-Never Land. It wasn't Foley as much as it was the assistants he brought in. We had players walk off that day. Middle of the game. Bolted. Seniors getting in the coaches faces etc. It was bad. I'd never seen anything like it before and haven't since then.

I'm happy Foley has found success post Fordham. He was a great guy but it just didn't work out.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #460 on: November 13, 2017, 12:49:39 pm »

I was on those teams and I was on the field during his last game against Albany. A change was completely warranted. The team was so far lost, we may have ended up in Never-Never Land. It wasn't Foley as much as it was the assistants he brought in. We had players walk off that day. Middle of the game. Bolted. Seniors getting in the coaches faces etc. It was bad. I'd never seen anything like it before and haven't since then.

I'm happy Foley has found success post Fordham. He was a great guy but it just didn't work out.

So there you have it......NYRam07 giving his "inside the ropes" facts of what went on.  I 100% concur with him from what I have heard also. I am sure that Foley was/is a great guy, but he needed to be chopped there, just like AB needs to be chopped this year.  Of course this leads me to my post.....this is why you leave decisions and directions out of the hands of non sports, non football guys like FuCop69.  Completely missing the mark like normal.  It is sad that FuCop69 has anyone's ear and can express his "knowledgable" opinions about Fordham sports
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #461 on: November 13, 2017, 12:55:27 pm »

89% of Ram Fans want AB gone on this thread alone.....
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #462 on: November 13, 2017, 02:13:23 pm »

Point being?  What do the desires of the fans have to do with anything?

Fans for the most part don't know if the ball is filled with air or concrete.  I hope to god the fans will not play a part in the decision one way or the other. 

They also, by and large don't support the program financially.  I'm also guilty as charged, at this point.  That's another topic...  If you don't have any skin in the game and don't know what you're talking about anyway, pipe down and let the Gods of JCF do what they're going to do.  If he stays that's probably not great, if he goes, it's probably not a lot better.  AB isn't the primary problem.  The buffoons who put him in the job with no search are.  They obviously haven't learned a thing and it's only a matter of time before they screw something else up.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #463 on: November 13, 2017, 02:30:40 pm »

Which means absolutely nothing. Dave Roach has said that he does not read these forums. And with clowns like you and HKRam spewing malicious or nonsensical ideas (tailgating on Edwards Parade  Roll Eyes ) he is wise not to. Coach Breiner will most likely be given another year, but if he is let go, it certainly won't be because many posters on these boards want it.
Report Spam   Logged

Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #464 on: November 13, 2017, 03:01:32 pm »

Which means absolutely nothing. Dave Roach has said that he does not read these forums. And with clowns like you and HKRam spewing malicious or nonsensical ideas (tailgating on Edwards Parade  Roll Eyes ) he is wise not to. Coach Breiner will most likely be given another year, but if he is let go, it certainly won't be because many posters on these boards want it.

I disagree.  and how is tailgating on Edwards Parade malicious or nonsensical?  You make it out like Eddie's is Hallowed Ground or some type of Civil war soldier burial ground.  Swing and a miss by you again.....Your batting average is embarrassing.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #465 on: November 13, 2017, 03:09:22 pm »

I disagree.  and how is tailgating on Edwards Parade malicious or nonsensical?  You make it out like Eddie's is Hallowed Ground or some type of Civil war soldier burial ground.  Swing and a miss by you again.....Your batting average is embarrassing.

Why do you need tailgating on EP?  It's the center of campus and one of the last open parcels at Rose Hill.  You keep telling us what big-time programs do.  What programs bring cars onto the cAmpus quad for tailgating?  Help us here...

Of all the things Fordham needs to do to upgrade football and athltics in general, this is about #127.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 13, 2017, 03:10:13 pm »

Actually, he's dead-on regarding Edward's Parade.  The fact that you have been proposing this idea to lots of people over the years should have already tipped you off to this fact.  You're the one who's way off, especially with your extremist rhetoric, again.  Shows you just aren't thinking this through.

Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 13, 2017, 03:10:33 pm »

Point being?  What do the desires of the fans have to do with anything?

Fans for the most part don't know if the ball is filled with air or concrete. 

Coach, I agree with your statement.  Yes there are those type of people who don't know your air or concrete question like a few on this board.  I am just stating facts about this thread.  I am a positive thinking person and truly believe that normally similar thoughts which lie within the "masses" are also the same thoughts that lie within the decision makers.  We must get this right and do a "real search" and get us back on the road in the right direction.  
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 13, 2017, 03:14:25 pm »

Actually, he's dead-on regarding Edward's Parade.  The fact that you have been proposing this idea to lots of people over the years should have already tipped you off to this fact.  You're the one who's way off, especially with your extremist rhetoric, again.  Shows you just aren't thinking this through.

The road is right there.  You make it out like there are going to be thousands of cars there.  I am saying 25-50 spaces and you have to "pay" to play.....All proceeds go to the football team.  Same with the reserved spots in Lot A that go for peanuts right now.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 13, 2017, 03:15:48 pm »

Coach, I agree with your statement.  Yes there are those type of people who don't know your air or concrete question like a few on this board.  I am just stating facts about this thread.  I am a positive thinking person and truly believe that normally similar thoughts which lie within the "masses" are also the same thoughts that lie within the decision makers.  We must get this right and do a "real search" and get us back on the road in the right direction.  

Fordham doesn't fire coaches after 1 bad season. I'd be shocked. In fact, Fordham has been known to give contract extensions after really bad showings.  
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 13, 2017, 03:17:48 pm »

Fordham doesn't fire coaches after 1 bad season. I'd be shocked. In fact, Fordham has been know to give contract extensions after really bad showings.  

I can't disagree with you.  Sad, but true.  I am holding out hope.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #471 on: November 13, 2017, 03:21:56 pm »

It will never happen. When I was at FU we used Eddie's as our home soccer field, yet we were not even allowed to practice on it. Some most definitely consider it hollowed ground.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 13, 2017, 03:22:05 pm »

I don't think AB is going anywhere.  Here is what should happen and what successful programs would do...

Roach should bring AB in for a major "come to Jesus meeting". He should tell him he needs to unload the coordinators, the special teams coach and the o-line coach and do a serious search and Roach is going to "help" him do that search.  He needs to bring in some older guys who will get the attention of the players and who have been around the block.  He also needs to bring in a real recruiting coordinator.  IMO that's the best way to improve the program given our realities.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 13, 2017, 03:23:10 pm »

The road is right there.  You make it out like there are going to be thousands of cars there.  I am saying 25-50 spaces and you have to "pay" to play.....All proceeds go to the football team.  Same with the reserved spots in Lot A that go for peanuts right now.

Confining my comments only to talk of tailgating on EP.

You still don't get it.  Instead of repeating your idea over and over, start by looking at this from their perspective.  Therein lies the answer young Paduan learner.  Hint: Ace just gave you a second breadcrumb.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 13, 2017, 03:31:10 pm »

I'll take my batting average over yours any day of the week, And for your information, "Eddie" is a first name. "Edwards" is a surname, as in Major General Clarence Ransom Edwards, commanding the 26th Yankee Division in the First World War, and professor of Military Science and Tactics at Rose Hill. For many, especially ROTC alumni, it is hallowed ground. You might try learning a little history and showing a little respect, Ram-Louse.

https://www.goarmy.com/rotc/schools/fordham-university/history.html
Report Spam   Logged

Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 13, 2017, 03:41:19 pm »

I'll take my batting average over yours any day of the week, And for your information, "Eddie" is a first name. "Edwards" is a surname, as in Major General Clarence Ransom Edwards, commanding the 26th Yankee Division in the First World War, and professor of Military Science and Tactics at Rose Hill. For many, especially ROTC alumni, it is hallowed ground. You might try learning a little history and showing a little respect, Ram-Louse.

https://www.goarmy.com/rotc/schools/fordham-university/history.html

I know, you Dim-wit.  He is a West Point Grad and he is not buried there.  I know all the history McFly.  You are so stupid.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 13, 2017, 03:54:34 pm »

I've heard a rumor that some ashes have been spread over Eddies. I've also heard the legend of BURIED JESUIT TREASURE in the tunnels under Eddies. 

Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 13, 2017, 04:01:01 pm »

I've heard a rumor that some ashes have been spread over Eddies. I've also heard the legend of BURIED JESUIT TREASURE in the tunnels under Eddies. 

I've heard one that too.   Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 13, 2017, 04:01:15 pm »

I have had ashes from my cigar fall onto Eddie's through the years.....
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 13, 2017, 04:01:41 pm »

I don't think AB is going anywhere.  Here is what should happen and what successful programs would do...

Roach should bring AB in for a major "come to Jesus meeting". He should tell him he needs to unload the coordinators, the special teams coach and the o-line coach and do a serious search and Roach is going to "help" him do that search.  He needs to bring in some older guys who will get the attention of the players and who have been around the block.  He also needs to bring in a real recruiting coordinator.  IMO that's the best way to improve the program given our realities.

If AB is going to be retained, which I am not for by the way, I agree, I think this is the only way to go.  The individual coaches under AB have failed miserably.  A national search for these coaches,
at least, should be implemented getting the best people to help AB that are available to a program like Fordham's.  I think Roach should insist as a condition to keep AB if that is the decision.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: