fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 03:10:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Yale @ Fordham

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yale @ Fordham  (Read 3859 times)
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« on: September 26, 2017, 11:39:15 am »

A quick glance shows Sagarin having Yale as 8 point favs over our Rams. Could the under/over be 100?
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

jimbo65
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2017, 01:12:18 pm »

Not to worry, even if we get destroyed Coach can resend this week's E-mail saying in part that our main goal, a PAT championship, is still in reach. The main goal should be putting a competitive team on the field.
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2017, 01:20:12 pm »

Yale game preview.....

http://www.yalebulldogs.com/sports/m-footbl/2017-18/releases/20170925sgxk7b
Report Spam   Logged
Ram8084.
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2017, 03:18:15 pm »

Yale hangs 50 on us.  "Kevin, we'll need 51."
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2017, 03:18:52 pm »

Not to worry, even if we get destroyed Coach can resend this week's E-mail saying in part that our main goal, a PAT championship, is still in reach. The main goal should be putting a competitive team on the field.

So true!
Report Spam   Logged
ramjam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2017, 11:10:54 pm »

They scored 56 on Lehigh and 49 on Cornell. Good matchup. For them.
Report Spam   Logged

Be the Hammer, Not the Nail
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2017, 12:18:52 am »

They scored 56 on Lehigh and 49 on Cornell. Good matchup. For them.

The Rose-colored glasses brigade will have zero issue with an Ivy League team putting up 50+ points on us as long as we get the win.

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 27, 2017, 09:07:29 am »

The Rose-colored glasses brigade will have zero issue with an Ivy League team putting up 50+ points on us as long as we get the win.

What are you talking about? No-one has said they're satisfied with the defense. We're just not starting threads about coaches getting fired 4 games into a season after he went 8-3. Your views of the world can be so warped sometimes.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 01:55:01 pm by NYRam07 » Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 27, 2017, 10:45:49 am »

What are you talking about? No-one has said they're satisfied with the defense. We're just not starting threads about coaches getting fired 4 games into a season after he went 8-3. You're views of the world can be so warped sometimes.

slippery slope 07.....slippery slope.  You obviously can't see the forest between the trees.  You are only satisfied with 8-3.....this train has been wrecking since last year.

Just being a realist.  I don't own your Rose-Colored glasses.  Of course, I get in trouble for not owning or wearing them.

and btw.....where am I asking for Coach to be fired? 
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:33:47 am by Ram-Spouse » Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 27, 2017, 11:00:52 am »

What are you talking about? No-one has said they're satisfied with the defense. We're just not starting threads about coaches getting fired 4 games into a season after he went 8-3. You're views of the world can be so warped sometimes.

This is where it is tough for an AD. Did you have  1 good year with holdovers from staff and players or did you do a good job to be 8-3?  Now its year 2 and you have alot of your own players, and nearly an entire staff of your own.......so does last year even matter if we tank this year?  It might be an early hook but it could prevent a total disaster next yeae ....tough calls for the AD.....I hope he turns it around and shows promise.....
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2017, 12:58:11 pm »

slippery slope 07.....slippery slope.  You obviously can't see the forest between the trees.  You are only satisfied with 8-3.....this train has been wrecking since last year.

Just being a realist.  I don't own your Rose-Colored glasses.  Of course, I get in trouble for not owning or wearing them.

Since you love your "Rose-colored glasses" put-down so much....here is my pair. Now let me tell you where you can put them!  Angry
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2017, 01:54:35 pm »

Dude... YOU started a "hot seat" thread. Combine that with nearly every post you've made since kick-off against Army and its not hard to connect the dots.

What Slippery Slope? Do you even know what that means? I said no-one is satisfied with the defense. I don't think a single person on this board has complimented the defensive effort or execution this year. So what are you even talking about?

The Rose-Colored Glasses thing actually may be worse than that stupid fire, ready, aim line from last year. Mix it up a bit. You tend to use the same lines repeatedly, even if they don't make sense.

Additionally, I wasn't satisfied with 8-3. We didn't win the PL title and we didn't win a playoff game. So no, I wasn't happy or satisfied with the outcome from last season. That doesn't mean I was ready to fire the coach or even start that discussion. Like most sane people, I'm going to wait until the end of the season to make an evaluation.
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2017, 02:05:07 pm »

Yale is a VERY good team who will score a lot of points.  We will not be able to stop them.

The team is demoralized.  Why in God's name would this so called coach set up a game with EW two weeks after we have to play Army?  Why not play Penn State?

This clearly shows the immaturity in AB; after getting beaten that badly from two much more talented teams, there is no recovery, especially from a group of guys that have no regard for him.

AB has no idea how little he knows or the true talent of his team.  He envokes no emotion from his players.  He walks around the field as though he's Patton not truly understanding the game or his players.

The AD should be equally accountable for this.  It will take years to recover from this experiment gone so very badly.  What the next class start recommitting ........

This is a mess and a shame for students, players and alumni.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2017, 02:10:24 pm »

. . .
The team is demoralized.  Why in God's name would this so called coach set up a game with EW two weeks after we have to play Army?  Why not play Penn State?

This clearly shows the immaturity in AB; after getting beaten that badly from two much more talented teams, there is no recovery, especially from a group of guys that have no regard for him.

AB has no idea how little he knows or the true talent of his team.  He envokes no emotion from his players.  He walks around the field as though he's Patton not truly understanding the game or his players.

. . .

You make some serious charges. How do you know any of this?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2017, 02:10:49 pm »

Yale is a VERY good team who will score a lot of points.  We will not be able to stop them.

The AD should be equally accountable for this.  It will take years to recover from this experiment gone so very badly.  What the next class start recommitting ........

This is a mess and a shame for students, players and alumni.

This post has very little to do with the game. Why not lost this in one of the other threads dealing with criticisms of the coach. I have some things I’d like to reply but I’m not going to clutter the game thread.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2017, 02:23:30 pm »

what does this line even mean? 

clearly coming off as someone with an axe to grind imo
Report Spam   Logged
charlietags
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2017, 02:37:53 pm »

Having seen what Yale is capable of we can only hope that the competition was weak. While I think we have played some tough competition Bryant not so bad other that Maine.
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2017, 02:41:00 pm »

Will Chase be playing?
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2017, 03:22:39 pm »

If Chase plays we can win.  We'll hold the ball longer and keep the defense off the field more. No Chase, we have a problem.  I usually don't think much of the Ivy League but I've heard this is a pretty good team.  Good match-up for us before we go into the PL schedule. 
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 27, 2017, 04:38:45 pm »

This post has very little to do with the game. Why not lost this in one of the other threads dealing with criticisms of the coach. I have some things Id like to reply but Im not going to clutter the game thread.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 27, 2017, 05:17:13 pm »

We can read ace's post for ourselves, there is no need for you to repost it. Do you have anything useful to add?
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2017, 06:11:49 pm »

This game could come down to the kicking..lots of touchdowns lots of extra pernts. 

Yale 51 Fordham 49   
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 27, 2017, 11:22:49 pm »

Will Chase be playing?

He is doubtful for the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 27, 2017, 11:28:13 pm »

Dude... YOU started a "hot seat" thread. Combine that with nearly every post you've made since kick-off against Army and its not hard to connect the dots.

What Slippery Slope? Do you even know what that means? I said no-one is satisfied with the defense. I don't think a single person on this board has complimented the defensive effort or execution this year. So what are you even talking about?

The Rose-Colored Glasses thing actually may be worse than that stupid fire, ready, aim line from last year. Mix it up a bit. You tend to use the same lines repeatedly, even if they don't make sense.

Additionally, I wasn't satisfied with 8-3. We didn't win the PL title and we didn't win a playoff game. So no, I wasn't happy or satisfied with the outcome from last season. That doesn't mean I was ready to fire the coach or even start that discussion. Like most sane people, I'm going to wait until the end of the season to make an evaluation.

the slippery slope comment was in response to "the four game skid".  This skid has been going on for 8 games including last year.

Ok from now on I will use clueless instead of Rose-colored glasses.  Instead of Fire, ready, aim which is exactly how we make decisions at Fordham minus the Coach Neubauer hire, I will use the saying that the hiring of Coach Breiner by Athletic Director Roach was a HUGE MIS-CLAP.....Zero thought put into it.

And you being "SANE" as Rome is burning is pretty ignorant of you.  TOO BAD
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2017, 07:15:08 am »

Agreed Ram-Spouse but the difference here is that the coach is a young guy who accepted a promotion. Hill, DW, Pecora were overpaid loudmouths. This is a just a coach who seems pretty affable and hard working who may simply be in over his head. I would lay off the coach till the season ends, the real heat should be focused on the Ad for such a puzzling and ultimately, lazy hire. Especially since the program was at its apex.  I would hate to see this deteriorate into a Grasso situation. Breiner doesnt deserve that vitriol, it will take its natural course if the losses pile up. But I'm rooting for him. 
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2017, 07:51:34 am »

Agreed Ram-Spouse but the difference here is that the coach is a young guy who accepted a promotion. Hill, DW, Pecora were overpaid loudmouths. This is a just a coach who seems pretty affable and hard working who may simply be in over his head. I would lay off the coach till the season ends, the real heat should be focused on the Ad for such a puzzling and ultimately, lazy hire. Especially since the program was at its apex.  I would hate to see this deteriorate into a Grasso situation. Breiner doesnt deserve that vitriol, it will take its natural course if the losses pile up. But I'm rooting for him. 

+1, I am just letting this decision by the AD cloud my opinion
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 28, 2017, 09:10:04 am »

When 85 become the voice of reason around here? I like it!
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 28, 2017, 09:31:55 am »

http://www.fordhamsports.com/documents/2017/9/27/Fordham_Game_Notes_Yale.pdf

Fordham Game notes

2 deep is same but it wasn't accurate last week.  Listed starters  Chase and OC  Deya  DNP.    Additionally  CB Bramble was listed as starter and DNP either.  Still no WR Longi.  Another guy I hope plays is OL Coyle (he's our best OL) he got banged up last series @ Bryant.

I don't know what can be done to improve the D.  Perhaps crowd the box regularly,  more run and pass blitzing from the LB's,  shifting the DL before the snap,   use man coverage (rather than zone) in secondary.  Whatever we've been doing its not working, so try something different.   Roll Eyes   

I'm not feeling great about this game.  They hung 65 on Lehigh.    Get some new lights for the scoreboard and hope we outscore them by 1 point.      Grin
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2017, 11:37:04 am »

Chase update, anyone?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 29, 2017, 12:00:14 pm »

Chase update, anyone?

I don't have an update, but am wondering if it is worth bringing him back unless he is 100%. With an at-large out of the question, do you take the risk? I am sure he wants to get out there, so that's not in question.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: