fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 03:07:20 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Yale @ Fordham

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yale @ Fordham  (Read 3859 times)
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: October 04, 2017, 09:12:33 pm »

Fred,  Ill take the bait.  You're new to the board and all your posts show displeasure/anger with Coach B.
Were you a recent player under AB who wasn't getting playing time (an left) or a position coach that wasn't retained (fired)? 
Perhaps you're right and many players do not like Coach B.  However,  some head coaches purposely try to take the disciplinarian - hard ass role as to gain respect (not win a popularity contest).  I believe Coach Clawson (good coach for us ~15 years ago) took that route.  Look Coach B may not end up being a good HC.  It remains to be seen.  but if your going to spew a ton of negativity about him why don't you enlighten us with your name-situation..           
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: October 04, 2017, 09:29:56 pm »

Touchdown, I believe that Fred said it all.
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: October 04, 2017, 09:38:59 pm »

HK, winning cures all ills and unfortunately losing brings out the dbags. 

Iíve never heard of the two kids referenced in fredís Post but Iíd bet my mortgage that Fred has a strong connection with either one and itís the real motivation behind his appearance here
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: October 05, 2017, 09:56:43 am »

As I've even saying, the players don't like the coach.  Hall and Grewal were very big guys, both with promising game.  Hall just wanted to get away from AB; Grewal was a whole other story.  AB had issues with him. 

This is such a load of BS. Players don't need to like their coaches. I'm sick of hearing crp like that. "daddy! coach was mean to me today! he yelled at me in front of all my friends!"

Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #124 on: October 05, 2017, 10:05:59 am »

HK, winning cures all ills and unfortunately losing brings out the dbags. 

Iíve never heard of the two kids referenced in fredís Post but Iíd bet my mortgage that Fred has a strong connection with either one and itís the real motivation behind his appearance here

We had a basketball poster a while back like that. 
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #125 on: October 05, 2017, 10:26:42 am »

This is such a load of BS. Players don't need to like their coaches. I'm sick of hearing crp like that. "daddy! coach was mean to me today! he yelled at me in front of all my friends!"

One of the lines that stuck with me from Coach Schnur (my soccer coach at Fordham) was, "We don't have to be friends, but we have to work together."  The other one, "You'll thank me someday. Not today."
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #126 on: October 05, 2017, 10:29:22 am »

Eruzione you get worse every day, and right now you're playing like its the middle of next week!
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #127 on: October 05, 2017, 10:36:52 am »

One of the lines that stuck with me from Coach Schnur (my soccer coach at Fordham) was, "We don't have to be friends, but we have to work together."  The other one, "You'll thank me someday. Not today."

+1

I always attributed my ability to stay calm under pressure or in stressful situations to my experiences with my FB coaches. Socratic Method in Law School was nothing compared to some of the uncomfortable situations my coaches put me in throughout the years.

What happened to mental toughness?
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #128 on: October 05, 2017, 12:03:47 pm »

What happened to mental toughness?

So true.  It seems to have given way to "mindfullness".
Report Spam   Logged
Ram Alum 07
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #129 on: October 05, 2017, 02:07:06 pm »

I would agree.  Lots of unknowns but even with average coaching, talent usually wins and talented big people beat up little people.
I sure hope we can sure up both lines as to me that seems to be the difference maker separating the solid programs form the weaker ones. 
I will take a solid O-line over a star RB any day.

I think you nailed it on the head with FBS transfers and JC players.  We need a serious does of talent and ASAP.  IF we have scholarships to give for next year I would focus on FBS transfers if possible.

Unless AB tanks badly for the remainder of the season, my guess is he gets at least 1 more year.
Regardless, Roach better have or soon have a list of desirable candidates (as every AD should have at all times)

We always seem to wait 1 year too long.  We don't need a DW situation here.  Let's cut our losses.   It's obvious he can't put together a competent staff.
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #130 on: October 05, 2017, 03:33:34 pm »

We always seem to wait 1 year too long.  We don't need a DW situation here.  Let's cut our losses.   It's obvious he can't put together a competent staff.

Not sure this is fair. He has been here a year and a half and one of those year's he was 8-3 and 1 win away from the playoffs. He has a new defensive coordinator, new offensive line coach and new LB and DL coaches. The program is transitioning clearly from the JM era and has a lot of new pieces on defense both on the field and on the sideline.

The antenna is clearly up but I would give him one more year. The BS about the players not liking him is nothing new for a new head coach. Happpens everytime the HC turns over in every sport.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: