fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 03:07:48 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Yale @ Fordham

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yale @ Fordham  (Read 3859 times)
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: September 30, 2017, 08:02:51 pm »

We stink
Report Spam   Logged
BNiche
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: September 30, 2017, 08:09:02 pm »

MTV is doing a karaoke show thing (had a senior sing a song during halftime) and all I see during the third quarter  is MTV people trying to get students "excited" for the game and signing waivers.

Meanwhile, we're down 41-3.
Report Spam   Logged
Ramfan84
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: September 30, 2017, 08:13:59 pm »

Chase is out. Left ankle again.
Game is over. Why are the starters still in?
Report Spam   Logged
RoRam
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: September 30, 2017, 08:26:09 pm »

MTV is doing a karaoke show thing (had a senior sing a song during halftime) and all I see during the third quarter  is MTV people trying to get students "excited" for the game and signing waivers.

Meanwhile, we're down 41-3.
They ran on field before the game and I thought they were protesting something.
Report Spam   Logged

“We didn’t get blown out of many games in the Atlantic 10. … I can see it coming.”

-Tom Pecora
Ramfan84
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: September 30, 2017, 08:42:47 pm »

Chase can't even walk. No way he plays next week.
Report Spam   Logged
Rob Smith
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: September 30, 2017, 08:47:01 pm »

Chase can't even walk. No way he plays next week.

If he sits next week and we lose, shut it down and focus on the combines/pro day.
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: September 30, 2017, 09:20:49 pm »

I left at halftime, too freakin cold.

Nice tailgating going on, pre-game. very civil.

We are bad this year.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: September 30, 2017, 09:29:30 pm »

I feel bad for Chase.  No way to end your career.  I doubt he has another effective game in his career at Rose Hill.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 30, 2017, 09:33:44 pm »

I don't think we win another game this year.  We can't outscore anyone.  This has officially gone to a dumpster fire.

The guy who's stock went up the most today is Former Coach Joe.  Penn St looks unstopable and we are a disaster. 

Unfortunately this thing is spinning out of control.
Report Spam   Logged
BNiche
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 30, 2017, 09:44:24 pm »

They ran on field before the game and I thought they were protesting something.

I almost wish it was a protest. The glow sticks and costumes looked more like a rave than anything else. The sound system made the singing and music half a second delayed. It was... painful.

Not as painful as Fordham's defense, but close.

It's incredible how awful the Patriot League is this year. I have no idea who has the best shot of winning this thing... Fordham isn't one of them though without Chase.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram 91
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: September 30, 2017, 10:15:58 pm »

It looked like Yale was practicing in a no-contact scrimmage for much of the game.  Granted, that's an exaggeration, but not by much.  The defense is non-existent.  Not going to fix that this year.

So they send the MTV crew out on the field to get students to participate in their karaoke competition.  Allow me to sink that in:  They let MTV on the field before the game, to encourage students to step out of the stands for the first half.  Counter-intuitive, or Cogitatio Fordhamensis?
Report Spam   Logged
dajr
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: September 30, 2017, 10:18:36 pm »

Incredible, looked like a DII defense or worse. A constant barrage of Yale RBs hitting the line then continuing through or bouncing off defenders

and running through the flailing arms of secondary tacklers. Chase got hurt trying to run through a swarm of defenders laterally to escape minus yards in

the backfield. Played hard but had to make breaks to the outside and just run to the sideines. There was little spark, receivers couldn't get any separation.

Yale is a good team, but we are defenseless. Chase was getting on teammates  on sidelines before he was hurt trying to get things going.

Saw Lafayette beat the Cross also. Huh?Huh???.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 10:34:54 pm by dajr » Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: September 30, 2017, 11:14:21 pm »

Incredible, looked like a DII defense or worse. A constant barrage of Yale RBs hitting the line then continuing through or bouncing off defenders

and running through the flailing arms of secondary tacklers. Chase got hurt trying to run through a swarm of defenders laterally to escape minus yards in

the backfield. Played hard but had to make breaks to the outside and just run to the sideines. There was little spark, receivers couldn't get any separation.

Yale is a good team, but we are defenseless. Chase was getting on teammates  on sidelines before he was hurt trying to get things going.

Saw Lafayette beat the Cross also. Huh?Huh???.

With the leader of our team most likely out indefinitely I am not sure how the dam doesn't break fully.  Lafayette becomes a must win next week, if not then we are in the Patriot League cellar this year.
« Last Edit: September 30, 2017, 11:32:31 pm by Ram-Spouse » Report Spam   Logged
Ram1
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 01, 2017, 02:56:46 am »

I doubt he has another effective game in his career at Rose Hill.

why bother even posting something like that.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 01, 2017, 03:13:22 am »

why bother even posting something like that.

Because he clearly has an axe to grind. He is not a fan. He does not support the program. He wants to blow it up.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 01, 2017, 03:31:11 am »

It was said that Andre Breiner isn't a bad guy or a jerk---   you're so very wrong.

Lost over a dozen players because the kids think he's an A-hole.....

Open your eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 01, 2017, 06:39:09 am »

It was said that Andre Breiner isn't a bad guy or a jerk---   you're so very wrong.

Open your eyes

Which ones specifically?
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 01, 2017, 07:46:09 am »

Open your eyes

Why don't you tell us then? Speak up, or shut up.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 01, 2017, 08:01:12 am »

Because he clearly has an axe to grind. He is not a fan. He does not support the program. He wants to blow it up.

Yes, FucUp69 we finally agree.....I do want to blow this train wreck up.....

This program is in a free fall.  Your "HUNKY-DORY", ALL IS WELL, FANTASYLAND VIEW of this program couldn't be further from the truth..  I want a winner.  We had that and now it is gone.  Our edge with scholarships is gone, we have sh@t facilities, no defense and a coach who is in a tailspin. 

Go check out my posts since Coach Neubauer took over.  I am not complaining there.

This clown car just skidded off the Major Deegan Expressway
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 09:16:24 am by Ram-Spouse » Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 01, 2017, 08:18:10 am »

Its overkill at this point.  I think its a foregone conclusion on AB.  The bigger question is does Roach survive this preposterous hire?

BTW, the kid from Depaul HS, Marinelli, why hasnt he seen any action?  Big recruit, cant possibly be worse than the guys playing on the D Line  currently.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 08:40:36 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
2ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 01, 2017, 08:44:28 am »

Open your eyes

iv'e read this 3 times now. who are the dozen players?
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 01, 2017, 09:22:21 am »

My prediction Yale 43 Fordham 28

almost correct, but you were a little heavy on our offensive production.....

I guess opposing defenses have figured out the Fake pass, post hand off from Anderson.....
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 01, 2017, 09:30:40 am »

That has to be the dumbest thing I have ever seen in football. I swear sometimes the tackle has already been made and then he makes the fake pass.......
Report Spam   Logged
Chris90
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 01, 2017, 09:31:59 am »

Not lot to say about the game.  It's numbing how quickly we've gotten here.  

Two thoughts:  Heartbroken about Chase's injury.  By chance, ran into him on Arthur Avenue as he was heading to campus yesterday afternoon.  Asked him how he was feeling and he responded happily, "I'm playing today."  Wished him luck and off he went. Of course, no one knows the extent of the injury but it sure looked bad.  He hurt it doing what he does, making a second and third effort on a blown up play.

Secondly, as already mentioned, something called, I think, "Crash Karaoke" was an utter disgrace and embarrassment.  On a night billed as "Salute to Heroes Night" to honor the service and sacrifice of our first responders and military personnel, we were treated to a uniformed NYPD Officer performing the National Anthem, an NYPD helicopter flyover, as well as a performance from the NYPD Emerald Society pipes and drums (I believe it was PD not FD).  Their performance saw them play and march from the Keating end zone to the Southern Blvd end zone.  Suddenly, two clowns from this karaoke thing ran onto the field and started yelling some gibberish about their dumb show into their very loud microphones .  This is going on WHILE THE PIPERS ARE IN MID-PERFORMANCE!  They came out at halftime and did this all over again.  I could be wrong, but my sense is that they were not supposed to do this before the game, and not while the pipers were playing.  It seemed like it got short.  Moments later, I saw Roach talking with someone on the sideline looking displeased about what just happened (admittedly, I have no idea what he was talking about but he pointed once at these karaoke people and then once at the pipe band who were exiting the field).  

Anyway, just another disappointment in a disappointing night.
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 01, 2017, 11:33:32 am »

I attended this debacle and it was a complete embarrassment.  I will not even attempt to comment on the coaching since such a poor performance clearly rests on the staff coaching our players. 

That said, I have to say that I cannot tell you the number of times I saw our defensive players basically meet the opposing runner and could have stopped them cold with hard hitting and good tackling, only to let them pass them by and run for 10+ yards a pop.  A few times this happened when we had 3 of our guys on the runner.

In addition, on almost every play, pass or run, our defensive line was immediately pushed back hard by the opposing offensive linemen.

Bad coaching without a doubt, but I seriously think our defensive linemen and linebackers are not up to our opponents caliber.  We need better players.

As for our secondary, our players never seemed to be in the right place or figure out what assignment they should have.  That beyond doubt is coaching.

I think we all just have to accept that right now we have a bad football team, hope that the rest of the Patriot League teams are just as bad and lose to us (somehow) and wait until the end of the year.   What else can we do?  You can't fix this in mid year.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2017, 12:17:22 pm by Richie68 » Report Spam   Logged
charlietags
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 03, 2017, 09:35:31 am »

I agree Gents but more importantly it is now for Chase to heal and get ready to play at the next level. I am so sad for this young man because he is as fine a player as you could want to represent Fordham as you could find.  We met him 2 years ago and he was as humble as he could be. Good luck in healing Chase.  And good luck in your dream to play in the NFL.  I am sure if you have the opportunity you will become a fine representative of Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 03, 2017, 09:40:47 am »

Not lot to say about the game.  It's numbing how quickly we've gotten here.  

Two thoughts:  Heartbroken about Chase's injury.  By chance, ran into him on Arthur Avenue as he was heading to campus yesterday afternoon.  Asked him how he was feeling and he responded happily, "I'm playing today."  Wished him luck and off he went. Of course, no one knows the extent of the injury but it sure looked bad.  He hurt it doing what he does, making a second and third effort on a blown up play.

Secondly, as already mentioned, something called, I think, "Crash Karaoke" was an utter disgrace and embarrassment.  On a night billed as "Salute to Heroes Night" to honor the service and sacrifice of our first responders and military personnel, we were treated to a uniformed NYPD Officer performing the National Anthem, an NYPD helicopter flyover, as well as a performance from the NYPD Emerald Society pipes and drums (I believe it was PD not FD).  Their performance saw them play and march from the Keating end zone to the Southern Blvd end zone.  Suddenly, two clowns from this karaoke thing ran onto the field and started yelling some gibberish about their dumb show into their very loud microphones .  This is going on WHILE THE PIPERS ARE IN MID-PERFORMANCE!  They came out at halftime and did this all over again.  I could be wrong, but my sense is that they were not supposed to do this before the game, and not while the pipers were playing.  It seemed like it got short.  Moments later, I saw Roach talking with someone on the sideline looking displeased about what just happened (admittedly, I have no idea what he was talking about but he pointed once at these karaoke people and then once at the pipe band who were exiting the field).  

Anyway, just another disappointment in a disappointing night.

My guess is this is on the NEW Marketing Director.  It can't be possible that he is worse than Uncle Julio, could it?
Wow, that sounds beyond bad.

Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 03, 2017, 09:59:09 am »

My guess is this is on the NEW Marketing Director.  It can't be possible that he is worse than Uncle Julio, could it?
Wow, that sounds beyond bad.

Embarrassing to the Nth degree.  We look like a high school with all of thus stupid stuff.  If this was on the "marketing director" then that peraon ahould be fired.

At least Julio could drive the temporary bleachers around for "big games" in the past. 

Embarrassing!!
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 03, 2017, 10:20:58 am »

Its overkill at this point.  I think its a foregone conclusion on AB.  The bigger question is does Roach survive this preposterous hire?

BTW, the kid from Depaul HS, Marinelli, why hasnt he seen any action?  Big recruit, cant possibly be worse than the guys playing on the D Line  currently.

Marinelli saw quite a bit of action vs Yale
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 03, 2017, 10:26:54 am »

I can tell you that the pre-game issue has been addressed. There was a miscommunication and failure of execution.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: