fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 03:00:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Yale @ Fordham

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Yale @ Fordham  (Read 3859 times)
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: October 03, 2017, 10:35:18 am »

I can tell you that the pre-game issue has been addressed. There was a miscommunication and failure of execution.

Sounds like the defensive backfield!   Shocked
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 03, 2017, 10:47:41 am »

Sounds like the defensive backfield!   Shocked

lol
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 03, 2017, 11:51:08 am »

I can tell you that the pre-game issue has been addressed. There was a miscommunication and failure of execution.

Mickey Mouse.... How this crap goes on is beyond belief
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 03, 2017, 12:17:50 pm »

Marinelli saw quite a bit of action vs Yale

I saw him play against either Don Bosco or Paramus Catholic, I forget. He stuck out.  Once he picks up the speed of college football I'd think he's a player.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2017, 02:07:21 pm by An Old Coach » Report Spam   Logged
Ram I Am
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 03, 2017, 12:41:10 pm »

I think the miscommunication and failure to execute continued throughout the game '07  Wink
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 03, 2017, 12:49:50 pm »

NYRam07

You really have a flare for picking up he obvious. Shocking you came to the conclusion that the football team failed to execute. Why didn't any of us pick up on that?
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 03, 2017, 12:55:13 pm »

NYRam07

You really have a flare for picking up he obvious. Shocking you came to the conclusion that the football team failed to execute. Why didn't any of us pick up on that?

You have a reading comprehension issue. I wasn't talking about the football team. Try again, dope troll.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 03, 2017, 12:55:20 pm »

NYRam07

He was not referring to the football team!
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 03, 2017, 12:56:40 pm »

NYRam07

These retorts are getting juvenile. There is enough substance here to vent, more than enough.
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: October 03, 2017, 03:49:02 pm »

I saw him play against either Don Bosco or Paramus Catholic, I forget. He stuck out.  Once he picks up the speed of college football I'd think he's a player.

Yeah I think we have some players on D in the Frosh and Soph classes. Cunningham has done well too. The seniors and juniors have not gotten the job done.
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 03, 2017, 11:04:57 pm »

Sophomore class is very small.  Alex Hall left the program .  Gavin Grewal no longer on team.  AB attempted to take his scholarship away but was unsuccessful since the University sided with Grewal.  Two very big O-lineman gone.  Jeff Ginn left the program.  Solano and Piccinich have been hurt for two years.  Have Ware on DL.  Deya getting some time.

May only be 6-7 sophomores suiting up.

Count the players on the roster...May be under 80.  Allowed 90 under the rules....
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 04, 2017, 06:19:19 am »

Why are all of these departures occurring? I was unaware of the Grewal situation. What occurr dbthere?
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 04, 2017, 08:29:09 am »

Why are all of these departures occurring? I was unaware of the Grewal situation. What occurr dbthere?

Do I need to re-post my Kevin Bacon, Animal House, "all is well video" again for the Rose Colored Glasses Brigade?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 04, 2017, 08:34:09 am »

Do I need to re-post my Kevin Bacon, Animal House, "all is well video" again for the Rose Colored Glasses Brigade?

No. Definitely not. Try to be less repetitive, it will do you good.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 04, 2017, 08:44:39 am »

No. Definitely not. Try to be less repetitive, it will do you good.

So on our "fan" board we shouldn't discuss these types of topics?  Just discuss non issues?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: October 04, 2017, 08:55:05 am »

So on our "fan" board we shouldn't discuss these types of topics?  Just discuss non issues?

Posting a video multiple times is not having a discussion. I really am amazed with that being your take away from what I replied.
Report Spam   Logged

VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: October 04, 2017, 09:04:33 am »

Sophomore class is very small.  Alex Hall left the program .  Gavin Grewal no longer on team.  AB attempted to take his scholarship away but was unsuccessful since the University sided with Grewal.  Two very big O-lineman gone.  Jeff Ginn left the program.  Solano and Piccinich have been hurt for two years.  Have Ware on DL.  Deya getting some time.

May only be 6-7 sophomores suiting up.

Count the players on the roster...May be under 80.  Allowed 90 under the rules....

Thanks for the background. That is not a good sign for your first recruiting class. I will ask this. Were those guys recruited by JM's staff and then AB had to adjust. Always some turnover with the first class after a change. You could argue that this year's Frosh are really AB's first class.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: October 04, 2017, 09:06:29 am »

The conference is pretty awful so far this year. So as bad as it is right now, we could easily go .500. 
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: October 04, 2017, 09:11:08 am »

Thanks for the background. That is not a good sign for your first recruiting class. I will ask this. Were those guys recruited by JM's staff and then AB had to adjust. Always some turnover with the first class after a change. You could argue that this year's Frosh are really AB's first class.
I was told that the soph class was considered a huge disappointment last year.  Whether that was JM recruiting class or a fumble on the hand off from JM to AB or simply AB not getting it done, I'm not sure.  Feedback, post camp, was that this was the best freshmen class we have had in a long time.  Just passing it along as I heard it prior to the start of the season.  I have no idea personally one way or the other.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: October 04, 2017, 09:12:05 am »

I believe that Marinelli's brother has also committed. Heard he is a very good O lineman. Now that I'm a jerseyite, i hob nob with the folks from Depaul.
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: October 04, 2017, 09:57:05 am »

I was told that the soph class was considered a huge disappointment last year.  Whether that was JM recruiting class or a fumble on the hand off from JM to AB or simply AB not getting it done, I'm not sure.  Feedback, post camp, was that this was the best freshmen class we have had in a long time.  Just passing it along as I heard it prior to the start of the season.  I have no idea personally one way or the other.

Yeah my point here is that some of the issues I think we are seeing is from a fall off in recruiting on defense in JM's last 2-3 years. Even if the Frosh class is really good it will be tough to make up from a lack of upperclassmen talent. Which gets back to another point. JM's best teams on defense were when he had Masella recruits on that side of the ball.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: October 04, 2017, 11:55:41 am »

AB is getting beaten up right now and not without reason.  I've been saying it's a stretch to believe he was handed the keys to a mini-dynasty.  We've been a one sided team throughout the Moorhead years and the lack of focus on defense, combined with coaching issues is showing itself.  Assuming he comes back next year (I feel he will get another year), he can hire better coaches. The recruiting, on both lines and throughout the defense is another matter.  And we need to replace Chase!  We need a big infusion of talent.  We don't have the players many seem to think we do. 
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: October 04, 2017, 12:00:40 pm »

AB is getting beaten up right now and not without reason.  I've been saying it's a stretch to believe he was handed the keys to a mini-dynasty.  We've been a one sided team throughout the Moorhead years and the lack of focus on defense, combined with coaching issues is showing itself.  Assuming he comes back next year (I feel he will get another year), he can hire better coaches. The recruiting, on both lines and throughout the defense is another matter.  And we need to replace Chase!  We need a big infusion of talent.  We don't have the players many seem to think we do. 
I tend to agree with you.  On offense I think we have some good pieces to build with the younger Marinelli brother, the freshman RB and the QB from Indiana among to name a few.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: October 04, 2017, 12:07:52 pm »

Adeyeye looks like a non factor anymore. He was once a pretty good player.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: October 04, 2017, 12:08:04 pm »

AB  recruited  4 OL and 5 DL scholarship players in this freshman class.  In our recruiting thread we have 4 OL commits and 1 DL commit for next class  (assuming they all stay).  On paper they look good to me (considering the other schools that offered these guys).  One area where you and a few others  mentioned to close the talent gap is to try and land a few FBS transfers, JC guys or at very least guys who do a prep year. This way they will be more physically mature (and ready to play) from the day they step on campus. Whether he/we can coach them up .. the jury is still out.   and to be fair from that video it appears Chase was recruited by AB.  Maybe AB is a good recruiter but not a good HC   I don't know.  We'll find out.      
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: October 04, 2017, 12:35:01 pm »

+1
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #116 on: October 04, 2017, 01:07:05 pm »

AB  recruited  4 OL and 5 DL scholarship players in this freshman class.  In our recruiting thread we have 4 OL commits and 1 DL commit for next class  (assuming they all stay).  On paper they look good to me (considering the other schools that offered these guys).  One area where you and a few others  mentioned to close the talent gap is to try and land a few FBS transfers, JC guys or at very least guys who do a prep year. This way they will be more physically mature (and ready to play) from the day they step on campus. Whether he/we can coach them up .. the jury is still out.   and to be fair from that video it appears Chase was recruited by AB.  Maybe AB is a good recruiter but not a good HC   I don't know.  We'll find out.      

I would agree.  Lots of unknowns but even with average coaching, talent usually wins and talented big people beat up little people.
I sure hope we can sure up both lines as to me that seems to be the difference maker separating the solid programs form the weaker ones. 
I will take a solid O-line over a star RB any day.

I think you nailed it on the head with FBS transfers and JC players.  We need a serious does of talent and ASAP.  IF we have scholarships to give for next year I would focus on FBS transfers if possible.

Unless AB tanks badly for the remainder of the season, my guess is he gets at least 1 more year.
Regardless, Roach better have or soon have a list of desirable candidates (as every AD should have at all times)

Report Spam   Logged
Ram I Am
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: October 04, 2017, 01:59:36 pm »

If AB survives the 2017 campaign, I think we can all agree that he'll be on a short leash next year.  That is not an attractive situation for a new coach to come into, knowing that you may be packing your bags by year's end.  
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: October 04, 2017, 05:13:55 pm »

If AB survives the 2017 campaign, I think we can all agree that he'll be on a short leash next year.  That is not an attractive situation for a new coach to come into, knowing that you may be packing your bags by year's end.  

Not sure what the short leash implies. If he gets another year, he's going to do what he thinks he has to. If it works he gets another year. If it doesn't he gets canned. Once he gets the contract, what he does is pretty much out of Roach's control.
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #119 on: October 04, 2017, 06:03:59 pm »

As I've even saying, the players don't like the coach.  Hall and Grewal were very big guys, both with promising game.  Hall just wanted to get away from AB; Grewal was a whole other story.  AB had issues with him.  Attempted to have his scholarship revoked.  After an administrative hearing, AB lost the fight.  Grewal is still at Fordham, doesn't have to play and is getting everything paid for.  AB's  arrogance.  Went after a kid without the ability to substantiate a claim.

We are going to a a large number of commits decommit.  It's inevitable.  When these kids or their coaches see that we will have a few years to rebuild, they will find a different place to go.

AB has ruined in one year a great program that will take years to rebuild.  Our offensive line will loose Coyle, Hartman, Donaldson, three big experienced guys.  With their experience, our QB is getting killed.  What will it be like for the rookie when he comes in next year with new young lineman??

Manny and Angela gone.  Two D ends gone and who will replace?  There will be no juniors and some sophomores ??  This will take years to come back.

Make it easy on ourselves, we will have a losing record this year with an All American and great QB.  The future is dim.

Thanks AB.... find a desperate High School that needs a program ruined

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: