fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 03:01:59 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Football Office Challenge

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Football Office Challenge  (Read 1716 times)
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 01, 2017, 05:45:04 pm »

not nearly as pathetic as Breiner - 3 wins...maybe
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 01, 2017, 06:06:40 pm »

I'll tell what got old a long time ago - Briener's running this program and Chase's NFL chances into the ground.

I guess your own and Fucops mother commentary are perefectly acceptable responses to AB's utter failure on the pitch.

Don't you have other threads about firing this dolt to close?

Breiner is killing chase's NFL chances?   Did AB injure him?   This is a bad season but scouts do not look at the record. Reality is if you cared about his NFL career you would have said he should leave last year. He had nothing left to prove and only risked injury. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 01, 2017, 06:09:22 pm »

I'll tell what got old a long time ago - Briener's running this program and Chase's NFL chances into the ground.

I guess your own and Fucops mother commentary are perefectly acceptable responses to AB's utter failure on the pitch.

What did the coach have to do with chase's NFL chances... if chase can't stay healthy playing fcs football how can he play in the NFL? Seems like maybe chase should have focused more on his off season strength and conditioning rather than shopping himself around to FBS schools and NFL scouts
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 01, 2017, 06:12:57 pm »

So I don't care because he is here and he got hurt twice under the tutelage of an inexperienced  coach ?

Another law graduate I see.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2017, 06:21:47 pm »

Are you shyting me?  Chase killed his own chances if he wanted the NFL so bad.  There was nothing going to to be gained by coming back for another year.  If he really had the opportunity and didn't go, that's on him.  That is total garbage.
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 01, 2017, 06:35:24 pm »

And Breiner putting him in yesterday in hopes of trying to save his own ass was completely responsible AOC?

You shut him down. Period.

Yesterday's break is solely on Breiner.

Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 01, 2017, 06:54:22 pm »

And Breiner putting him in yesterday in hopes of trying to save his own ass was completely responsible AOC?

Chase is a grown man and if he couldn't play he should have sat out. In addition trainers and doctors make decisions now regarding players health not head coaches..
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 01, 2017, 07:38:56 pm »

I think we have a winner for stupid post of the day.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 01, 2017, 07:42:24 pm »

So I don't care because he is here and he got hurt twice under the tutelage of an inexperienced  coach ?

Another law graduate I see.

Yes you cannot care less about chase. He is a football player and his getting hurt had nothing to do with AB. Look I get it you were riding high for a few years dumping on programs you did not support.  Now it is your turn and you are whining.  Bad seasons happen it is a part of sports.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 01, 2017, 07:51:03 pm »

Stick to football and stay away from the silly psycho babble.

Breiner is as good as gone, and we should have an over/Under on when?

I give it five days.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 01, 2017, 08:57:25 pm »

I know for a fact he was totally cleared to go by the medical staff.  There was no reason to hold him out.  It's not Briener's job to get him ready for the NFL. You don't know what the hell you are talking about.
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 01, 2017, 09:17:42 pm »

I know that you do your damn best to protect your most significant asset by not playing him in a meaningless non-league game when an at large was already lost. You know better AOC. Even Ace would agree with this.

The anger on this board over pointing out that this coach should at best be doing this at the high school level is beyond ridiculous.

Get as personal with me as you like. AB will still be talentless - and gone by next week.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 01, 2017, 10:08:18 pm »

I know that you do your damn best to protect your most significant asset by not playing him in a meaningless non-league game when an at large was already lost. You know better AOC. Even Ace would agree with this.

The anger on this board over pointing out that this coach should at best be doing this at the high school level is beyond ridiculous.

Get as personal with me as you like. AB will still be talentless - and gone by next week.

I agree. I am not sure he should have played at all and am positive he should not have played late.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Rob Smith
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 01, 2017, 10:26:57 pm »

AB will still be talentless - and gone by next week.

Do you know this for sure? I suspect not.

Fordham doesn't fire coaches in season unless they do something far worse than just losing.  In another post you gave him 5 days. If you are right he would be gone tonight/tomorrow, not Friday.

While his return gets less and less likely with each game we play I can't see it happening before November 18th around 3:00 PM.
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 01, 2017, 11:37:58 pm »

I agree. I am not sure he should have played at all and am positive he should not have played late.
He wasn't playing late, and when he limped off the field in the 3rd quarter he was averaging over 5 yards a carry.  When I turned on FUV late in the 2nd quarter, the play-by-play and color guy were discussing how Chase clearly looked like the best player on the field who looked as though he might make a big play every time he touched the ball.  If Breiner thought playing Chase gave us the best chance to win, and if Chase and the the team doctor thought he could play, then he plays.  I can't believe this is even being debated.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2017, 11:54:37 pm »

He wasn't playing late, and when he limped off the field in the 3rd quarter he was averaging over 5 yards a carry.  When I turned on FUV late in the 2nd quarter, the play-by-play and color guy were discussing how Chase clearly looked like the best player on the field who looked as though he might make a big play every time he touched the ball.  If Breiner thought playing Chase gave us the best chance to win, and if Chase and the the team doctor thought he could play, then he plays.  I can't believe this is even being debated.

I heard he was 50/50 going into Saturday. If that’s not the case then I withdraw what I said. Could play and should play are different in my book, especially when it is not a critical game.

I was told he got hurt late, my bad on that.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2017, 06:36:06 am »

It wasn't meaningless.  It was on the schedule.  Now we're picking and choosing games that we'll try to win.  Again, I know for a fact he was cleared to go by the training staff.  You get injured in football.  Dealing with injuries is a huge part of the game.  He could have re-injured the leg on the first play next week.  
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2017, 08:54:03 am »

I heard he was 50/50 going into Saturday. If thatís not the case then I withdraw what I said. Could play and should play are different in my book, especially when it is not a critical game.

I was told he got hurt late, my bad on that.
Didn't know what the odds of him playing were before the game but, like I said, by the time I tuned in, it sounded like he was back to form with 77 rushing yards already, and there weren't any concerns about the ankle.  Agree with "could" vs. "should," but I'm not sure this wasn't a critical game the way the season is going.  I understand the focus being on the PL Championship and a post season berth at this point, but the standard here has become win games.  Period.  And I bet you'll agree, from the player's perspective, every game is critical.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2017, 10:11:23 am »

Stop feeding the troll.
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2017, 10:16:37 am »

Not personal.

I'm pissed that we all allowed this to happen by sitting idly by.

I, for one, am not going to allow this ship to sink without a fight.

Every one of us should be communicating with McShane on Monday morning.

Will your communication include a donation for the football office renovation?  If not, you're just another bloviating know nothing pretending to care about the program
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2017, 12:42:33 pm »

Welcome back Jim. I've missed your input here. These boards have been an absolute shytstorm recently.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2017, 12:52:21 pm »

I give it five days.
i"ll take the over
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2017, 02:48:21 pm »

Welcome back Jim. I've missed your input here. These boards have been an absolute shytstorm recently.

and rightfully so....the boards are a shytstorm due to the disaster with the football program occurring at Rose Hill.

I hope that you are in agreement to that FuCop69
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2017, 03:36:49 pm »

Lady Fingers, I heard that your great grandson has a meeting with McShane and Roach.

Any idea what this could be about? Wink
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 13, 2017, 11:58:55 am »

I can't believe there have been so few posts on this topic which is so critical to program's future yet pages and pages on Breiner's ability, hiring intrigue, state of the PL etc.  if Ace wants to move my response to the UNH article feel free.  Or if you want to read my reaction to the office challenge go to that thread😉
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 13, 2017, 12:00:42 pm »

I give it five days.

i"ll take the over

Winner. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 13, 2017, 12:47:21 pm »

I can't believe there have been so few posts on this topic which is so critical to program's future yet pages and pages on Breiner's ability, hiring intrigue, state of the PL etc.  if Ace wants to move my response to the UNH article feel free.  Or if you want to read my reaction to the office challenge go to that thread😉

The timing of this is awful.

You have a program that was top 25 just two years ago. A celebrated coach who is doing bigger and better things. In such a short time, the program is suddenly plummeting under an ill conceived regime.

You want people to pay for new offices for a staff who will very likely be gone in the next 5 weeks? Put this thing on ice for a month or so. People will be far more receptive to donate with a new staff, in my opinion.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2017, 01:31:50 pm by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 13, 2017, 01:55:03 pm »

+1000
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 13, 2017, 07:11:11 pm »

Fire, Ready, Aim example.  Case and point.  New office donations.....
Report Spam   Logged
Jcamp82
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 15, 2017, 12:45:05 am »

Do you think it is important that we get donations in sooner rather than later so if there is an opportunity to be attracting new coaching talent this new "facility" could be part of the packaging?

Trying to decide whether to donate now or whether to wait.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: