fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 03:10:27 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham @ Lafayette

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham @ Lafayette  (Read 2602 times)
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« on: October 02, 2017, 06:29:20 am »

Sagarin has the visiting Rams as 3 1/2 point favs.

Ranking.                       Rating
 217.   Fordham (1-4).    33.30
 230.   Lafayette (1-4).   29.70
                                     ------

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2017, 11:14:22 am »

Battle of the Bottom
Report Spam   Logged
2ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2017, 11:46:28 am »

if we don't beat lafayette... katy bar the door.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2017, 04:41:56 pm »

but if we beat Lafayette we'll be in first place in the PL    Grin ..       
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2017, 10:14:05 pm »

This game really marks the beginning of our chance to redeem this dreadful start of a season.  The rest of the teams we will be facing all have big issues indicating that they are not very good themselves.

I know many want Breiner out as soon as possible, but that is not going to happen at least before the end of this season.  As a Fordham fan, I am hoping that the team comes together, the coaches figure out how to ameliorate the obvious deficiencies we have and that we put on a good showing the rest of the way against this clearly discernible and palpable lack of quality teams in our Patriot League.  I am rooting for us to win the league going forward.   The odds of this happening may not be very good, but honestly, who in the league can you point to that is an odds on favorite?

I am as disappointed as anyone who is a real fan of Fordham football, but there are games to play ahead that we can win.  Go Rams.
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2017, 10:22:32 pm »

Rich, Your lips to God's ears.

Report Spam   Logged
ramjam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 03, 2017, 05:19:08 am »

This game really marks the beginning of our chance to redeem this dreadful start of a season.  The rest of the teams we will be facing all have big issues indicating that they are not very good themselves.

I know many want Breiner out as soon as possible, but that is not going to happen at least before the end of this season.  As a Fordham fan, I am hoping that the team comes together, the coaches figure out how to ameliorate the obvious deficiencies we have and that we put on a good showing the rest of the way against this clearly discernible and palpable lack of quality teams in our Patriot League.  I am rooting for us to win the league going forward.   The odds of this happening may not be very good, but honestly, who in the league can you point to that is an odds on favorite?

I am as disappointed as anyone who is a real fan of Fordham football, but there are games to play ahead that we can win.  Go Rams.
Colgate is the team to beat. The have played a quality schedule. Beat Cal Poly on the road, lost to a tough Richmond 20-17,  FBS Buffalo 33-10 and ran out of gas vs SoCon Furman. They beat Cornell last week 21-7. Their record is deceiving due to the schedule.
Report Spam   Logged

Be the Hammer, Not the Nail
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2017, 09:36:16 am »

Colgate is the team to beat. The have played a quality schedule. Beat Cal Poly on the road, lost to a tough Richmond 20-17,  FBS Buffalo 33-10 and ran out of gas vs SoCon Furman. They beat Cornell last week 21-7. Their record is deceiving due to the schedule.

I agree with both Richie68 and ramjam

If I am AB, I am preaching NEW SEASON.  Admit the reality we stunk up the OOC schedule and that begins with me, admit fault, take blame and move on, with the season is not over mentality.  A whole new season lies ahead and quite honestly if we play at our best we can beat anybody in the PL, win a title and make the playoffs.  But we all have to give 100%. 

That being said and yes, it could happen, AB needs to rally the troops, coaching staff and players and make it happen.  He must get everyone to buy in.  As to Ramjam, I would agree I would think Colgate is the team to beat, but for us, everyone is the team to beat, one at a time.  No doubt Lafayette is beatable.

I am still debating if I am going as I had originally planned to attend.

If anyone is planing to go, hit Morici's pizza right on main street, walking distance from the field and get a Sicilian pie. 

Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2017, 09:48:51 am »

I agree with both Richie68 and ramjam

If I am AB, I am preaching NEW SEASON.  Admit the reality we stunk up the OOC schedule and that begins with me, admit fault, take blame and move on, with the season is not over mentality.  A whole new season lies ahead and quite honestly if we play at our best we can beat anybody in the PL, win a title and make the playoffs.  But we all have to give 100%. 

That being said and yes, it could happen, AB needs to rally the troops, coaching staff and players and make it happen.  He must get everyone to buy in.  As to Ramjam, I would agree I would think Colgate is the team to beat, but for us, everyone is the team to beat, one at a time.  No doubt Lafayette is beatable.

I am still debating if I am going as I had originally planned to attend.

If anyone is planing to go, hit Morici's pizza right on main street, walking distance from the field and get a Sicilian pie. 

Here is the problem. I don't think the experienced talent exists on defense. You can only coach up so much. I think the talent on defense has degraded over the past few years and was not replenished when guys like Hodge and Dawson graduated. I thinkt he last two calsses have been better but those guys are Frosh and Sophs.   
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 04, 2017, 06:53:57 pm »

Looks like Chase is out for a while by looking at his twitter account, but now he took it down. Basically he tweeted that his storybook end wasn't going to end the way that he wanted it to.
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2017, 10:33:20 am »

Does it really matter if Chase Edmonds plays??  he can run for 250 yards and score four TDs but the opposition will have five and beat us.

This TEAM simple is not playing well and there will be no turnaround this year.   We are 1-4.  If we play 4-2 in PL games we still are 5-6 and have a losing record.  That's unacceptable for a team that had so much going and expected.

Something has made the bottom fall out here folks
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 05, 2017, 10:41:19 am »

Looks like Chase is out for a while by looking at his twitter account, but now he took it down. Basically he tweeted that his storybook end wasn't going to end the way that he wanted it to.

This has got to be really tough for Chase. After winning for 3 straight seasons, he's facing his first losing season and serious injury. Aside from that, there was a good chance he'd hold the FCS rushing record by the end of the season and a chance he's own the NCAA rushing record if things went really well.

PL Title, Playoff Run and All-Time Status as a RB all vanishing before his eyes.

I hope for his sake, and ours, that he makes a quick recovery.
Report Spam   Logged
novaguy
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 05, 2017, 11:20:29 am »

The logic behind the optimistic PL prognostications is sound, if one of the assumptions is that the D is better than demonstrated so far.  I am highly doubtful about the assumption and expect that C, HC and Lehigh can and most likely will put a lot of points on the board.  If so, we lose two of three.  As regards AB, I am not knowledgeable enough to accurately evaluate a coach.  Certainly results are highly relevant, but then last year was good.  So many things impact a new coach's performance; was the pipeline left dry, is institutional support diminishing, or is there a natural fall off in player-coach synergy when the new guy arrives?Huh?

My experience is that it takes time for the new coach to get his game going.  He may not succeed but deserves to get his own recruits, assistants and philosophy in place.  Lessons from another sport and institution; Massimino and Wright started slowly!
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 05, 2017, 11:47:44 am »

My experience is that it takes time for the new coach to get his game going.  He may not succeed but deserves to get his own recruits, assistants and philosophy in place.  Lessons from another sport and institution; Massimino and Wright started slowly!

No lessons there, nada. You dont hand the keys to a top 25 program to essentially a position coach, and make him the youngest  coach in D-1, absent any search process whatsoever. This was hair brained decision.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 05, 2017, 12:02:01 pm »

No lessons there, nada. You dont hand the keys to a top 25 program to essentially a position coach, and make him the youngest  coach in D-1, absent any search process whatsoever. This was hair brained decision.

I don't know, worked pretty well for Clemson!  Grin
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 05, 2017, 12:12:57 pm »

Yes, we exactly like Clemson !  Afro
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 05, 2017, 12:33:20 pm »

I don't know, worked pretty well for Clemson!  Grin

Working really well for the LA Rams too! All we need is Wade Phillips calling the D and we're set!
Report Spam   Logged
ramjam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 05, 2017, 12:35:20 pm »

I didnít realize Dabo played Division 2 for a horrible program, and was never a coordinator or head coach at any level.  
Report Spam   Logged

NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 05, 2017, 12:44:28 pm »

I didnít realize Dabo played Division 2 for a horrible program, and was never a coordinator or head coach at any level.  

Not sure if you're kidding, because Ace and 85 certainly were, but the level of FB you play doesn't have anything to do with how good of a coach you'll be.

just ask Moorhead   Grin
Report Spam   Logged
ramjam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2017, 12:56:47 pm »

Of course itís in jest. But disturbing, nonetheless
Report Spam   Logged

Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2017, 01:28:24 pm »

There of course has to be a place somewhere in college football for the youngest of all head coaches. Fordham is not that place.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2017, 01:37:07 pm »

There of course has to be a place somewhere in college football for the youngest of all head coaches. Fordham is not that place.

Agreed. All the support and resources in the world at Clemson. Can't say the same about Fordham.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2017, 03:30:13 pm »

I'm pretty sure he went to Alabama.   
Report Spam   Logged
ZonaRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2017, 03:35:12 pm »

That would be the University of Maine, which promoted their 29 year old defensive coordinator as head coach a week or so after we promoted Breiner.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2017, 04:34:19 pm »

If we can scratch out a W against Lafayette..   next weekend @ Colgate will be a big game for us.  I'd say they are the favorites at this point.      
We have Lehigh Holy Cross Bucknell  all @ home -- to end the season.   I realize we may go 1-5 (G'Town) down the stretch or winless the rest of the way..  but a W  may give the kids a much needed boost and a big game to look forward to next weekend.            
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2017, 09:13:07 am »

A win this week stops the bleeding and quiets the outrage. Then you are set up to turn the season around against Colgate.  No sense in talking about coaching changes etc.  a lot of football to play to turn this around, it starts tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2017, 10:41:53 am »

Dabo was a walk-on at Alabama.
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2017, 11:59:11 am »

And the moon is made of green cheese .......
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2017, 12:20:02 pm »

Dabo was initially a walk-on and eventually got a scholarship.

I disagree on the moon.
Report Spam   Logged

Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 06, 2017, 04:37:10 pm »

Too much talent on offense.  Fordham 51  Leopards 41
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: