fordhamfans.com
October 22, 2017, 02:59:15 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham Football Falls - How far would this set us back?

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham Football Falls - How far would this set us back?  (Read 1973 times)
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: October 06, 2017, 09:30:01 am »

I'm a coward because I'm now vocal on this board Ace.

Stop with your name calling and your silly mother jokes. It's beneath you

JUst stick to closing down threads that you find personally distasteful.

go back and re-read his post.  You missed a lot.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: October 06, 2017, 09:46:14 am »

Stop with your name calling and your silly mother jokes. It's beneath you

JUst stick to closing down threads that you find personally distasteful.

You still have a reading comprehension problem. Read carefully and slowly and maybe you'll rethink your distasteful post.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: October 06, 2017, 09:47:50 am »

I hardly think that I've undermined anything AOC. You may not like nor agree with my comments; that's understandsble. The fact is that the program is in disarray, this is 100% on AB - he is the coach, recruiter, and play caller et al. He has undermined the program and himself. My motivation is to get this feckless administration to pull their heads out of their derričre and to behave like a normal university. Do we really want to sit around and wait until he becomes Bad Coach, DW, or Pecora? He is already having problems with guys he's recruited and the university has already decided against him...at least once that has been made public. It's clear now where his Fordham career is going. Why wait, give him the hook and a payout and find his replacement before he inflicts any more damage.

You're undermining the team with these diatribes.  The team reads this board. They know what people are saying about AB.   And I'm not saying criticism of the games, players and the  program isn't fair game.   Calling the coach out for a mid-season firing just shows you to be out of touch with the way Fordham works.  It would change nothing.  Who takes over?  I don't see any potential PJ Fleck's on the sideline.  And then you want the same administration who spit the bit in the hiring process to fix it in mid-season??   Do you really think they wouldn't screw up a mid season removal/hiring?  Making a change like that now would only make a bad situation worse.  The best thing to do for the long term health of the program is to finish the season and let the chips fall wherever they're going to fall.

Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: October 06, 2017, 09:52:16 am »

You're undermining the team with these diatribes.  The team reads this board. They know what people are saying about AB.   And I'm not saying criticism of the games, players and the  program isn't fair game.   Calling the coach out for a mid-season firing just shows you to be out of touch with the way Fordham works.  It would change nothing.  Who takes over?  I don't see any potential PJ Fleck's on the sideline.  And then you want the same administration who spit the bit in the hiring process to fix it in mid-season??   Do you really think they wouldn't screw up a mid season removal/hiring?  Making a change like that now would only make a bad situation worse.  The best thing to do for the long term health of the program is to finish the season and let the chips fall wherever they're going to fall.

So you are saying the administration's prior hiring process gives you concern about their ability to hire a good coach now.  Interesting take.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: October 06, 2017, 10:45:33 am »

So you are saying the administration's prior hiring process gives you concern about their ability to hire a good coach now.  Interesting take.

Ya...  in mid-season.  Absolutely.  I think the chances of coming up with a candidate/plan are slim and none.

By the way, I said the process was b.s. the day I heard AB was hired without a search.  You know, the way your basketball guru Pecora, the guy you couldn't bear to let go of, was hired.  I don't recall a search then either. Grin
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 06, 2017, 11:17:35 am »

That's not what he said.  But maybe he should have said illiterate.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 06, 2017, 11:26:13 am »

Ya...  in mid-season.  Absolutely.  I think the chances of coming up with a candidate/plan are slim and none.

By the way, I said the process was b.s. the day I heard AB was hired without a search.  You know, the way your basketball guru Pecora, the guy you couldn't bear to let go of, was hired.  I don't recall a search then either. Grin

It is great you took that away from the Pecora hire that you and I supported.  I learned it as well, consider who is doing the hire and whether they are competent.  It is an issue for now and the end of the season on many levels. 

I fully support your posts on the current state of the football program.  Criticizing but at the same time asking if the constant negativity and hammering away hurts the program.  Telling people to back off the counterproductive posts and threads is what supporters of a program do.  It does not mean you have rose colored glasses it means you want the program to succeed and the constant negative drumbeat hurts that goal.

Pro tip: if we beat Lafayette there will be statements that they stink it does not matter.  Don't listen to them the win will stabilize the season and increase the chances of a win against Colgate. 

Keep up the good work. 
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 12:22:22 pm by Rich93 » Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #67 on: October 06, 2017, 12:06:51 pm »

Some folks can't admit to reality even when it smashes you in the face.....

This team isn't good.  We will be very lucky to squeeze two more wins out of the season.  It was supposed to be a wonderful year only to become a disaster yet there are some claiming we can still win the PL.

Open your eyes -- we will be in the cellar for a while
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Lurker
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #68 on: October 06, 2017, 01:06:10 pm »

This team isn't good.  We will be very lucky to squeeze two more wins out of the season.  It was supposed to be a wonderful year only to become a disaster yet there are some claiming we can still win the PL.

fred, you have 12 posts here, all of which bash the coach. Most aren't even subtle. 

Yes, our eyes are wide open.  You are hoping for the team to lose every game the rest of the way, because you really are not here to support our team.
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #69 on: October 06, 2017, 01:09:03 pm »

Go back and read the posts on the basketball board after the St. Joe's loss last year. We had lost 9 of 10 games and people wanted JN's head. What if the administration had fired him then? The critics are awfully quiet now.  
Report Spam   Logged
2ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 06, 2017, 01:32:43 pm »

hopefully the team and briener turn this ship around. still believe we have the talent to win, just need to put the winning formula together.

if that doesn't happen, as we've seen with clawson and moorehead, any setback lasts as long as it takes to find the right coach. and hopefully that would be only a year or 2.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2017, 08:07:53 pm »

Ok. Got it. We're not great. You've made yourself clear.  Understood. What's your point? 
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2017, 08:36:32 pm »

I'm as critical as anyone but I just find it comical that 90% of the posters on this board played either club or D3. Those that played in the patriot league went like 10 years without a winning record, now these are the guys that are demanding a coach be fired a few games into his second season.. in what is the most difficult and competitive level of football ever played in Modern history
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2017, 09:00:09 pm »

The point of it all AOC is that we suck, and there is no one to blame but Breiner's abject failure. It's not my undermining the program, or Roach or any other BS excuse you want to offer up.

The program has been run into the ground by his ineptitude. But I guess if we don't talk about it, the problems don't exist.

Coddle him, give him a safe space, a shrink or a lollipop - his results are terrible and they were masked by last year's unimpressive wins.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2017, 09:35:26 pm »

The point of it all AOC is that we suck, and there is no one to blame but Breiner's abject failure. It's not my undermining the program, or Roach or any other BS excuse you want to offer up.

The program has been run into the ground by his ineptitude. But I guess if we don't talk about it, the problems don't exist.

Coddle him, give him a safe space, a shrink or a lollipop - his results are terrible and they were masked by last year's unimpressive wins.

I neither agree nor disagree with you.  But what I can say is that you've made your point.  There comes a point where continuing to make the point crosses the line into advocating for failure.  That's where I think you are.  Therefore I suggest you stop, that is if your intentions really are pure, and let the results going forward speak for themselves.  In the end you will be proven right or wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #75 on: October 06, 2017, 09:48:11 pm »

It stops when he is canned or when Little Orphan Andy resigns.

Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 06, 2017, 09:54:24 pm »

Ok. Got it. You and Fred have made your point.  

AB isn't Lincoln Riley.  Got that, too.   He also inherited a house of cards that was wobbling.  He was hired through a process that was straight out of "Frank's Greatest Hits" to save bucks.   Guess what, when the job opens up the same people will be hiring the next coach.  Feel better?

Chew on this... The last time there was a real search for a coach, the finalists were a high school coach, a bizilionaire volunteer coach out of the game for 25 years that no one knew anything about and a demoted coordinator who wasn't invited to join his boss at Maryland and who was going to get let go at  UConn.  The demoted UConn coach got the job because he was a grad and the AD had a relationship with.  We lucked out.   Frank's gone, and the administration so far doesn't have a record of attracting candidates that get me hot and bothered.  
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 06, 2017, 10:53:26 pm »

I'm as critical as anyone but I just find it comical that 90% of the posters on this board played either club or D3. Those that played in the patriot league went like 10 years without a winning record, now these are the guys that are demanding a coach be fired a few games into his second season.. in what is the most difficult and competitive level of football ever played in Modern history

What does the level of ball played have anythign to do with it? You could be a starting RB in the NFL and have 0 football sense (see Christine Michael. Had every opportunity to succeed due to his talent but couldn't figure out how to really play the game) or you could be a D3 athlete that maybe lacked talent or size but knows the game in and out.

I'm guessing your either never played the game, or maybe you did but failed to ever learn how the game works.

You're just not making any sense.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 06, 2017, 11:38:27 pm »

“Fred” is clearly a troll with a grievance against Coach Breiner. Possibly a walk on who didn’t make the team or a friend or relative of one. His malevalence is obvious. Ignore him, and maybe he’ll go back under the rock that he crawled out from under.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #79 on: October 07, 2017, 12:17:59 am »

“Fred” is clearly a troll with a grievance against Coach Breiner. Possibly a walk on who didn’t make the team or a friend or relative of one. His malevalence is obvious. Ignore him, and maybe he’ll go back under the rock that he crawled out from under.

FuCup69....he brings up a point....and obviously you don't like it and you dismiss him. This isn't about the record, this is about leadership?  I guess you love looking the other way.  Useless.....I can't believe your complacency.....
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: October 07, 2017, 02:31:39 am »

FuCup69....he brings up a point....and obviously you don't like it and you dismiss him. This isn't about the record, this is about leadership?  I guess you love looking the other way.  Useless.....I can't believe your complacency.....

I am anything but complacent. I attend every home game, I see the problems. I'm as unhappy as any fan is with our play thus far this season. What I am not is someone who is ready to blow up the program in mid season by calling for the firing of the head coach, the assistants, or the athletic director. Every one of these actions have been called for by one poster or another on these boards. I believe that these calls have the potential to harm recruiting efforts, and I am willing to let the season play out and make changes, if necessary, at that time, and not before.
Report Spam   Logged

Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: October 07, 2017, 07:10:48 am »

Every one of these actions have been called for by one poster or another on these boards.

Why don't you just name specific posters on this?  Outside of Fred and HKRam, who else is saying this?  Talk about harming recruiting......According to you it is half of the posters on this fan board that want to blow things up after today's game.  Thanks Mr. Complacency!!
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #82 on: October 07, 2017, 10:35:44 am »

Why don't you just name specific posters on this?  Outside of Fred and HKRam, who else is saying this?  Talk about harming recruiting......According to you it is half of the posters on this fan board that want to blow things up after today's game.  Thanks Mr. Complacency!!

You are an idiot. In addition to your demonstrated inability to read for comprehension, you now demonstrate intellectual dishonesty. I wrote "one poster or another on these boards." You then falsely claim that "according to you it is HALF THE POSTERS on this fan board that want to blow things up..." Go to hell. I've had it with you, HKRam, and Fred. You three are a true "axis of evil."
Report Spam   Logged

HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: October 07, 2017, 10:46:36 am »

I don't get why you're such a complete putz FuCop. AB is a joke and he'll lose again with his dysfunctionality.

Why is it that you feel the need to attack someone's intelligence when you don't agree with them? You weren't taught this at Fordham in the 1950s when you attended or maybe you haven't matured since you were 16.

Make sure you send me more emails to my personal account you little girl.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: October 07, 2017, 10:57:30 am »

I don't get why you're such a complete putz FuCop. AB is a joke and he'll lose again with his dysfunctionality.

Why is it that you feel the need to attack someone's intelligence when you don't agree with them? You weren't taught this at Fordham in the 1950s when you attended or maybe you haven't matured since you were 16.

Make sure you send me more emails to my personal account you little girl.

The true jokes on these boards are you, Ram-Louse, and Fred. I only challenge someone's intelligence when they have demonstrated a complete lack thereof, as I will now challenge your math skills. My handle indicates that I graduated in 1969, so how could I have been at Fordham in the 50s? Don't worry about any additional PMs from me. I have nothing further to say to you. Continue to attack Coach Breiner as you have been doing. You are just a one trick pony.
Report Spam   Logged

ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: October 07, 2017, 11:00:57 am »

Not very productive posts overall, but we all should avoid the name calling, as it contributes even less.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: October 07, 2017, 11:13:00 am »

Not very productive posts overall, but we all should avoid the name calling, as it contributes even less.

Message received and understood, ace. I have nothing further to add to my clearly stated opinion of the three posters I named in earlier messages, so no more from me. We'll see about them.
Report Spam   Logged

HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: October 07, 2017, 11:39:18 am »

Oh FuCop.....

Tomayto, tomaaaato.

You're still a friggin curmudgeon, and it's shocking that you could have graduated from this university. I value my degree even less after reading your posts from the nursing home.
Report Spam   Logged
Golden Ram
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #88 on: October 07, 2017, 05:02:05 pm »

First time I post on this board. When I entered I thought I was back to the Pechora era in Basketball. It is amusing to see how to some the only successful solution is to fire everybody immediately.

As in basketball, nothing will happen until the administration decides it is time.
Report Spam   Logged
fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: October 07, 2017, 07:06:43 pm »

Not going anywhere.  Having a great time causing you misery
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: