fordhamfans.com
December 16, 2017, 12:28:48 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Discussion about Neubauer Strategy / Golden State Warriors

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Discussion about Neubauer Strategy / Golden State Warriors  (Read 337 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« on: October 12, 2017, 02:51:55 pm »

If we're connected on LinkedIn, you'll have found the following link that I shared today from Baxter Holmes:

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/story/_/page/enterpriseWarriors/how-steve-kerr-revolutionized-golden-state-warriors-offense-charcuterie-board

A few key quotes that I believe are very Neubauerian:

Kerr says, "that if you get to touch the ball and you get to be a part of the action -- whether it's as an assist man, ball mover, shooter, dribbler -- the more people who are involved in the offense, the more powerful it becomes."

The less they passed, the sloppier they played. He also knows that when they passed more than three times in a single possession, they led the league in points per possession on such plays....

"It wasn't just play your best five guys to death," Kerr says. "It was play everybody. You go deep into your rotation, even if it means losing a couple of games in the regular season, just empower everybody. It's kind of the beauty of basketball, the old cliché about the total being greater than the sum of its parts -- I believe in all of that. Five guys have to operate together, but the other seven on the bench, or nine, however many, they've got to feel part of it."

“It's kind of the beauty of basketball, the old cliché about the total being greater than the sum of its parts -- I believe in all of that.”

and most importantly, IMO:

The Warriors ultimately found that if defenses were panicked about the first pass, by the time their third pass arrived, they were rewarded with a wide-open corner 3. "The main goal," Curry says, "is to just make the defense make as many decisions as you can so that they're going to mess up at some point with all that ball movement and body movement and whatnot."

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball

Social Buttons

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: