fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 03:37:41 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

A-10 Media Day Tomorrow to include Interview with Coach Neubauer

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A-10 Media Day Tomorrow to include Interview with Coach Neubauer  (Read 843 times)
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« on: October 16, 2017, 03:40:13 pm »

Coach Neubauer will be interviewed live at 2pm ET tomorrow during A-10 Media Day, hosted by Andy Katz.

http://www.atlantic10.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=31600&ATCLID=211673275
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2017, 10:21:42 am »

We get picked 13 in the coaches poll which is great. They continue to underestimate us.  Chartouny named preseason third team all conference and all defensive team.

http://www.atlantic10.com/pdf9/5459739.pdf
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
ram20220
Sophomore

Class of '08

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2017, 10:27:45 am »

We get picked 13 in the coaches poll which is great. They continue to underestimate us.  Chartouny named preseason third team all conference and all defensive team.

Not sure if it's comforting to see that it's not just Fordham's office that can't (or doesn't) proofread.  Defensive stats say 2015-2016 season.

Well deserved to JC though.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2017, 10:32:08 am »

The latter is even more disrespectful.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2017, 10:55:22 am »

9 of the 10 players on the first and second all conference teams are seniors. You have got to develop players in this league. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2017, 11:15:45 am »

9 of the 10 players on the first and second all conference teams are seniors. You have got to develop players in this league. 

For most of the past 20 seasons, for one reason or another relating to our instability, we have had few Seniors providing advanced skills for the team.   
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2017, 02:21:34 pm »

Neubauer  just said that Will Tavares has improved and is going to have a special year.

Phil Martelli is filibustering this round table of him Neubauer Gianini.

Neubauer says team and coaching staff are unproven and wants everyone to go out and prove themselves in conference. 

Neubauer on the current scandal: my job is to look after my team and I told my team I never paid for a player you have nothing to worry about.

Overall this round table sucked very little on the teams and season. Andy Katz sucks. What a waste.

Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2017, 02:27:48 pm »

Very little discussion of basketball teams or the upcoming season. Rich pretty much said it all about the Fordham comments. Coach mentioned Chartouney a couple of times and said the team had to value the ball a lot more than they have over the last 2 years. GO RAMS.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2017, 02:36:53 pm »

Neubauer  just said that Will Tavares has improved and is going to have a special year.

Man, Tavares is really getting shout outs all over.  Brenton said it during his interview with Will, Joe said it when Brenton spoke to him, now Neubauer.  And he did look like he put a lot of work in physically this summer when you saw the videos they put up on twitter.  My interest is piqued.  Maybe Will can bust out this year like Javontae did when he was a junior at Eastern Kentucky. There is actually a lot of similarity in the numbers between Hawkins soph year at South Florida and Tavares' numbers last year (similar PER and eFG%).  Just something to hope for.  Regardless, a big step up from him into scoring wing would be great.  We'll see.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2017, 02:39:44 pm »

Very little discussion of basketball teams or the upcoming season. Rich pretty much said it all about the Fordham comments. Coach mentioned Chartouney a couple of times and said the team had to value the ball a lot more than they have over the last 2 years. GO RAMS.

Amen.  That's a huge thing, given our game is predicated on the forced turnovers giving us an effective possession advantage.  Gotta treat our own like gold. 
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2017, 09:10:14 am »

Good interview with Neubauer on ESPN Richmond.  Once again talks up Tavares and adds in Evans.  Says has to recruit and this year he is focusing on high school seniors in addition to go over seas. Never expected to have a losing season last year and this year’s ooc is tough.  Says A-10 is wide open this year because of VCU and Dayton having new coaches.  In the end they are unproven as a team and coaching staff and they need to change that starting this year.  Fun interview better than that hack Katz conducted.

https://espnrichmond.com/1496/audio-vault-a10-hoops-media-day/
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 09:53:48 am »

Here is the SI conference preview.  Note that they predict 9-13 will be within a game of each other.  There is a lot of uncertainty outside URI Bonnie’s SJU who I think are the clear top three. 

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/10/19/atlantic-10-projections-preview-team-rankings-standings
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2017, 09:58:22 am »

Here is the SI conference preview.  Note that they predict 9-13 will be within a game of each other.  There is a lot of uncertainty outside URI Bonnie’s SJU who I think are the clear top three. 

https://www.si.com/college-basketball/2017/10/19/atlantic-10-projections-preview-team-rankings-standings

No mention of Perris Hicks. Perhaps a little inspiration for him. Interesting that they call Slanina a true center.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 20, 2017, 10:01:12 am »

No mention of Perris Hicks. Perhaps a little inspiration for him. Interesting that they call Slanina a true center.

But do we have a true point guard?   Afro
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 20, 2017, 10:12:05 am »

Interesting that they call Slanina a true center.

he's truly the center of the rebounding question.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 20, 2017, 11:07:28 am »

Whoops, you beat me to it.  I just posted this over in the starting 5 thread.  I took too long doing my write up.  What I find odd is no mention of JC in the write-up when every other team's projected leading scorer gets a mention.  I mean, hmm, projected leading scorer, assist man and rebounder (at least tied there), second in the nation in steals?  Forget him, that Prokop Slanina is tall.

Not that it matters.  And it's at least nice for the other guys to get a mention.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: