fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 04:53:10 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Division III

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Division III  (Read 1453 times)
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: October 18, 2017, 11:47:41 pm »

Ace, You could be right that the coach was pulling my leg. My daughter is looking to transfer to a D-I program and its possible he was tossing BS at me tontry and convince her to stay. My daughter didn't care - she just wants out.

Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 19, 2017, 12:13:44 am »

Ace, You could be right that the coach was pulling my leg. My daughter is looking to transfer to a D-I program and its possible he was tossing BS at me tontry and convince her to stay. My daughter didn't care - she just wants out.

Do note that I also said that the coach might just be relaying what he heard also.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: October 19, 2017, 11:16:32 pm »

Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: October 20, 2017, 12:45:56 am »

Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 20, 2017, 01:25:14 am »

pjd - This thread is about DIII schools possibly joining the Patriot League. If you want to discuss new topics, start new threads, donít change the current thread subject.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Ram1
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 22, 2017, 11:47:18 am »

If I were a betting man and I'm not, to me the likes of Carnegie Mellon, Williams, Bowdoin or something like a Wittenberg is likely being considered.

I think it's hard to throw out all these names without knowing the athletic aspirations of these schools. 
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 22, 2017, 12:27:35 pm »

I think it's hard to throw out all these names without knowing the athletic aspirations of these schools. 

Not happening.  Ever. There is no upside in these historic small college programs moving to D-I.  They 100% buy into the small college athletics philosophy. They live in a different athletic universe. 
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 22, 2017, 02:59:49 pm »

Not happening.  Ever. There is no upside in these historic small college programs moving to D-I.  They 100% buy into the small college athletics philosophy. They live in a different athletic universe. 

And their universe looks better and better every year.
Report Spam   Logged
Ramer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2017, 08:27:04 am »

Monmouth would move to the PL in a heart beat.  This season they had four PL teams on their FB schedule. Looks like a measured move on the PL's part to have MU join...not sure if the PL would have them join as an associate member for FB only. In any event, I believe MU would join even as an associate member for FB.  I don't believe they care much for the Big South conference at all, saw it as a temporary situation while looking for a better conference as was the case with Stony Brook.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 23, 2017, 03:23:14 pm »

I would agree with Ramer.  The Big South just doesn't make sense for Monmouth. 
I am not sure if they would bring then on as as Associate or not, but I would agree in that I think they would jump at it.

Keep in mind Liberty Univ is going FBS Independent soon (next year or year after I believe?) so they are leaving the Big South.  The BS only has 6 teams now and if Monmouth were too leave they would have only 4.  I believe you need at least 6 teams to have earn an autobid playoff spot.

I am not overly familiar with Monmouth Univ. but I have driven through their campus earlier int eh year and they it looks very nice.  Nothing sensational, but a nice college campus and close tot he beach.  They have a solid arena and were still building the football stadium when I drove by.  It is finished and seems Ok.

I think if the PL could add one more member that would be a good idea, bringing the league total to 8.  If they want more then they have to go big and shoot for 10 or 12 with 2 divisions.  I doubt the double digit membership will happen.  Regardless, if Fordham wants to compete they desperately need to upgrade the facilities.  As with the hoops floor, the new coaches offices should not have to go the donation route.  They both should have been budgted cap ex projects.  Even better, they shouldn't be implemented at all as we should be going big with new facilities instead of more lipstick on the pig.

This will never happen under Roach as he will not challenge the admin and BoT.

Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 23, 2017, 03:37:28 pm »

This will never happen under Roach as he will not challenge the admin and BoT.

I'm less thrilled with Roach than I was a year ago but the facilities situation is well above his pay grade.  I'd even bet that he was told before he was hired that the topic of facilities isn't open for consideration. He understands that it's pointless to rock the boat on the topic.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 23, 2017, 11:17:33 pm »

Roach is a decent guy but honestly he cleaned up Franks mess and otherwise has made minimal improvements.
I just wish this administration would understand athletics. 
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 24, 2017, 09:33:27 am »

The teams are winning under Roach, that has to count for quite a bit. Hopefully the AB hire is a one-off bad decision.  He probably has avoided more heat since the PL as a whole is so bad this year. 
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 25, 2017, 01:32:03 pm »

Roach is a decent guy but honestly he cleaned up Franks mess and otherwise has made minimal improvements.
I just wish this administration would understand athletics. 

The teams are winning for the most part.  As you say, he cleaned up Frank's mess.  The program isn't a priority, I don't really know what else he can do.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 25, 2017, 04:29:44 pm »

I'd even bet that he was told before he was hired that the topic of facilities isn't open for consideration. He understands that it's pointless to rock the boat on the topic.

That would be my guess too, that he was told up front during the interview or first day on the job that it's not his job.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2]  All   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: