fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 05:06:13 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Lehigh @ Fordham

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Lehigh @ Fordham  (Read 2762 times)
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« on: October 22, 2017, 09:50:01 pm »

Sagarin has host Rams as 4 1/2 pt dogs.

Ranking.                       Rating
     203.  Lehigh (2-5).    36.48
     216.  Fordham (2-6)  31.74

Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

fred
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2017, 05:14:40 pm »

we lose by 20-- can't score points
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2017, 08:37:39 pm »

we lose by 20-- can't score points
     Gavin Grenwal?
Report Spam   Logged
2ram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2017, 10:23:49 pm »

lehigh is 2-5 and on top of the league because bucknell, the only team with a winning record, managed to eek out 2 TD's (and miss the XP) vs lafayette's 1 in a 13-7 snoozer...

i'm going as a PL fan wearing a bag over my head for halloween this year.
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2017, 11:56:28 pm »

As hard as it might be to believe, I don't think Fordham has been eliminated from the PL championship.
Report Spam   Logged
novaguy
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2017, 11:37:00 am »

I saw Lehigh in its opening game against NOVA and it looked very competitive.  NOVA won by 3, and though it wasn't as close as the final score, L was in game until the end.  And that was before NOVA lost its qb, top db, top rb top receiver and others in a METS like onslaught.  If NOVA at that time was as good as its ranking, then L has to be considered pretty tough.  Perhaps NOVA was overrated but that doesn't explain L's spiral.  Scored 36 on NOVA's D which is not yet hurt by many injuries and really good.  Haven't seen F but based on what I read here, it could be a long day for the RAMS.  Hope not because a win here might turn season around.
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2017, 02:38:19 pm »

Fordham has been hit pretty hard with injuries on O.   
RB All American  RB Chase  injured most of season .. 2nd team RB  Brevard hurt in 2nd game (out for season).   ..   
WR  corps..   WR Jordan Allen (out/DNP this season)   starters  Lumley, Prince, Caddle  all have missed games and DNP last week..    stud WR Longi missed several games earlier in year..  we started a walk on Ferraro last week. 
QB Anderson missed 2 last games . (injured/disciplinary  idk).

Despite those hurdles, I'm not happy with season.

Army -  thought could make competitive. 4 straight penalties to start game.  our D had no idea what they were doing assignment wise.   Taking an L to FBS is one thing  but that was a complete embarrassment.
Central Conn  -  again unprepared to start game.   down 17-0 in 1st quarter.  Found a way to win late.
EWU -  They were better team on the OL/DL.   
Bryant -   they started a  6'0  230  OG.  and yet we couldn't stop their run game.  horrible loss
Lafayette - we controlled the game  outgained them by 150 yards and still found a way to lose. ugh.
Colgate-   wasn't close. 
Georgetown- we won scoring only 17 points.  Thank goodness G'Town can't score..

I think Coach B is a good recruiter (see recruiting link)  but seems like he's in over his head as a head coach.  With the talent returning this year -- was reasonable to expect   ~8-3 and headed to playoffs.   that's a long way from  2-9.. 

If he can go 4-0  or  3-1 down the stretch maybe he can save his job.   We'll see.     

Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2017, 02:42:23 pm »

oh yeah  I forgot.

Yale  - their good this year   but they pasted us too   Sad
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2017, 02:55:26 pm »

Columbia is 6-0? they would have beaten us this year.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2017, 05:21:42 pm »

Columbia is 6-0? they would have beaten us this year.

They walked away from the Liberty Cup. I don't care if we never play them again. I'd rather us play Yale every year.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
HKRam
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2017, 03:26:55 am »

Fucop, They walked away from the Liberty Cup and now you never want to play them again? Get real, it's a very worthwhile rivalry for us. I'd rather play Columbia every year than a program like Bryant where we have close to no likelihood of developing a real rivalry.

Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2017, 08:29:13 am »

Forget about Columbia. Yale is a much better program. The will provide a competitive game almost every year. We arenít going to swap a Bryant game for Columbia and I doubt we would even get 2 Ivyís every year.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2017, 09:08:12 am »

Fucop, They walked away from the Liberty Cup and now you never want to play them again? Get real, it's a very worthwhile rivalry for us. I'd rather play Columbia every year than a program like Bryant where we have close to no likelihood of developing a real rivalry.

I think it is more than that. In my view, they never respected the spirit of the Liberty Cup, which started with Andy Hao's disrespect and continued. They are not a good partner for such a game. Wagner would be better.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2017, 09:24:20 am »

Frig Columbia. Things got tough so they quit and they never respected the spirit of the Liberty Cup. 

They don't offer anything to the rivalry, so why is it worthwhile?
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2017, 09:26:31 am »

The game is worthwhile, the partner is not.

Wagner makes far more sense in the spirit of things and I think they are the right partner, being in SI and given the high toll that borough took on 9-11. So many cops and fireman live in SI, makes a lot more sense.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2017, 09:29:30 am »

Wagner makes far more sense in the spirit of things and I think they are the right partner, being in SI and given the high toll that borough took on 9-11. So many cops and fireman live in SI, makes a lot more sense.

I'd be happy to revive the Liberty Cup with a good partner. I still work with Fordham and the NYPD/FDNY on what has become the Salute to Heroes game, but it doesn't have the same emotional impact. Find a school that is willing to put in the same effort we do when they're home, and we could have a great tradition.
Report Spam   Logged
RamAlum13
Freshman

lord i was born a ramblin man

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2017, 10:33:36 am »

Columbia left because they were BRUTAL for a few years - right as we were at our peak. They lost a few key starters in the game, a few years in a row if I recall, and it provided absolutely no value to them. It was bullying.

I loved those games. It was a great little thing we had going.

Realistically they'll stink again in a year or so - hopefully we don't.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2017, 11:26:55 am »

I'd be happy to revive the Liberty Cup with a good partner. I still work with Fordham and the NYPD/FDNY on what has become the Salute to Heroes game, but it doesn't have the same emotional impact. Find a school that is willing to put in the same effort we do when they're home, and we could have a great tradition.

Good riddance to those Pinko Liberal Commie Bastards from Columbia.  I'm glad that we don't play them anymore.
Report Spam   Logged
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2017, 12:01:30 pm »

Play the game at Richmond County Ballpark home of the Staten Island Yankees. Location, view, access, the game would be SRO every year.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2017, 01:29:23 pm »

Frig Columbia. Things got tough so they quit and they never respected the spirit of the Liberty Cup. 

They don't offer anything to the rivalry, so why is it worthwhile?

I don't know who thought it was a rivalry, especially on the Columbia side.  The administration put zero effort into it and the players don't think of Fordham as any kind of rival.   I never felt their fans did either.   The game was a good idea but the opponent was a bad choice.  Maybe try to revive it with Wagner or Stony Brook.  If we are going to try to revive it, we should probably do it soon.   It feels like the impact of 9/11 is beginning to fade in the eyes of more than a few.   
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2017, 02:22:04 pm »

I don't know who thought it was a rivalry, especially on the Columbia side.  The administration put zero effort into it and the players don't think of Fordham as any kind of rival.   I never felt their fans did either.   The game was a good idea but the opponent was a bad choice.  Maybe try to revive it with Wagner or Stony Brook.  If we are going to try to revive it, we should probably do it soon.   It feels like the impact of 9/11 is beginning to fade in the eyes of more than a few.   

It was a good choice initially. We were set to play Columbia but the game was ultimately postponed due to 9/11. Things changed over time, but the game was much their as it was ours. That changed when they walked away though.

You're wrong about the players thinking of it as a rivalry. It most certainly was to us. There was just a level of hatred between the two teams and losing to them sucked moreso than any other team on the schedule. Losing PL games sucked for a different reason, obviously.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2017, 03:13:58 pm »

It was a good choice initially. We were set to play Columbia but the game was ultimately postponed due to 9/11. Things changed over time, but the game was much their as it was ours. That changed when they walked away though.

You're wrong about the players thinking of it as a rivalry. It most certainly was to us. There was just a level of hatred between the two teams and losing to them sucked moreso than any other team on the schedule. Losing PL games sucked for a different reason, obviously.

After a couple of years no one from Columbia cared. The AD, multiple coaches, the players or fans.  Columbia did nothing to feature or support the game and then they stopped showing up to play.   It was a one sided rivalry.  Columbia cares about the Ivies, if they care at all. 

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2017, 03:34:29 pm »

After a couple of years no one from Columbia cared. The AD, multiple coaches, the players or fans.  Columbia did nothing to feature or support the game and then they stopped showing up to play.   It was a one sided rivalry.  Columbia cares about the Ivies, if they care at all. 

Not sure how you can tell me the players didn't care. I'm not talking about the Liberty Cup side of the game, but rather the actual football game. They cared. They wanted to beat us as much as we wanted to beat them.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2017, 05:39:35 pm »

Granted.  I thought we were talking about the Liberty Cup aspect.  To Columbia it was just another game.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2017, 05:48:31 pm »

Granted.  I thought we were talking about the Liberty Cup aspect.  To Columbia it was just another game.

Yes - 100% agree.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2017, 06:09:05 pm »

Who said anything about Bryant? You are a member of a very small minority on this board who want to revive the Liberty Cup with Columbia.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2017, 06:12:36 pm »

I'm old enough the remember when this thread was about the Lehigh game
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2017, 08:35:25 pm »

If Fordham wins out (4-2) against the remainin PL games, and please without any sarcastic responses, is it still possible to win the league title?
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2017, 08:44:36 pm »

If Fordham wins out (4-2) against the remainin PL games, and please without any sarcastic responses, is it still possible to win the league title?

Iím nearly certain the math would make it possible. Six of the seven teams have lost in conference (Lehigh 2-0)... Lehigh, Georgetown and Bucknell have each played 3 games, not 4 in-conference.

I believe Fordham will finish 3-8, 2-4 in league play.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2017, 09:43:41 pm »

Big Enthusiastic Crowd - Both Sides 28-Oct-17.  Go Fordham!!!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: