fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 04:58:17 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Homecoming - Fordham vs. Holy Cross University

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Homecoming - Fordham vs. Holy Cross University  (Read 6376 times)
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #360 on: November 07, 2017, 03:38:17 pm »

You are thinking in a small time Fordham fashion.....First and foremost the Eddie's spots would not go for $250, they would go for $1250 per spot per game or $3000 for the season.  These wouldn't be "hibachi grill" type tailgates with a Coors Light Beer ball and a bottle of Stoli and a bottle of Jack and a corn hole spot.  These would be High End Catered tailgates with chefs, bartenders and fully catered.

The Lot A spots would go for $250-500 per game or $1000 for the season for a "reserved spot".  The NYGB spots would go for something less than that.  This would solve all of the "overcrowding lot" issues and congested parking lot.  Every other "big time" place does it this way.  Of course there would be handicap parking and stuff like that on a "need" basis.  If you want to come to the game and don't want to pay up then you go to an overflow lot off campus and get bused in for the game. 

Simple.  I know that the Drones and Fordham Administration Yes Men butt kissers won't like this, but welcome to the 21st Century.

If we build it then they will come.

1,250 per spot per game to sit on Eddies?

Dude... c'mon. I wouldn't even pay $250 per game to tailgate. That absurd. You're not living in this universe.

This is Fordham. We're an FCS program. Stop trying to make us something we're not. Enjoy it for what it is.

Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #361 on: November 07, 2017, 03:39:13 pm »

I spoke the Administration about this.

Apparently, so long as the "no tailgating" rule keeps Ram-Spouse away from campus events, they are going to stick with it.

Perfect, keep enjoying the Graffiti vandalized U Haul Rental truck for use with the football team.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #362 on: November 07, 2017, 03:40:54 pm »

Dude... c'mon. I wouldn't even pay $250 per game to tailgate. That absurd. You're not living in this universe.

This is Fordham. We're an FCS program. Stop trying to make us something we're not. Enjoy it for what it is.

Okay Mr. Small time.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #363 on: November 07, 2017, 03:46:43 pm »

Okay Mr. Small time.

Just being realistic. You're talking similar prices to BCS/National Championship level tailgating situations.

No-one is going to take you seriously with absurd suggestions like that. If you want to talk about improving the tailgating situation, I'm all for it. Fordham quickly becomes dead to me if they ask me to chalk up $250 to park in Lot A.

Not only do I think its an absurd idea, I also think its terrible.

Fordham better get ND and Bama on the schedule and promise me competitive games if they want that type of cash. Lehigh and Colgate isn't going to do it for me.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #364 on: November 07, 2017, 03:51:23 pm »

Enjoy!!

http://www.goarmywestpoint.com/sports/2015/6/23/football-seating.aspx?path=aclub

http://www.goarmywestpoint.com/sports/2015/6/23/football-seating.aspx?path=aclub

http://www.goarmywestpoint.com/sports/2015/6/23/football-parking.aspx?path=aclub

http://ndsuathleticfund.com/

https://www.ndsualumni.com/2017/football-tailgating-space-exchange-blog-south-dakota-harvest-bowl

https://ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/DPLanding?linkID=ndsu&RSRC=&RDAT=&url=https%3A//ev7.evenue.net/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/EVExecMacro%3FlinkID%3Dndsu%26evm%3Dmain
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #365 on: November 07, 2017, 03:55:48 pm »

I am not saying that you jump feet first into something "extreme".....but again the examples that I have showed you are not Bama or ND or Ohio St.  We are talking West Point and North Dakota St.

It is a joke that we don't charge a fee for a "reserved spot" either per game or per season in Lot A.   A complete Fire, Ready, Aim Joke.

Of course I will get lambasted for being the lunatic that everyone thinks that I am but I am trying to solve the Butt-Fumble Disaster that was Homecoming last weekend.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #366 on: November 07, 2017, 03:57:46 pm »

West Point is FBS and has devoted fans and provides an experience we could never match and ND is a repeat National Champion. We play in the patriot league and we have advanced past the second round of the playoffs in.... ever? Would you seriously pay that type of money to sit in the Bronx and watch Fordham play Colgate? Why would you do that?
Report Spam   Logged
ram20220
Sophomore

Class of '08

View Profile
« Reply #367 on: November 07, 2017, 03:58:14 pm »

Your reserved spots at NDSU go for $20 per spot, per game - with a minimum of 2 spots. So $40.

"But we're in NYC so let's charge $1,250!"

But I'm just thinking too small-time I'm sure

http://ndsuathleticfund.com/additional-reserved-tailgating-available-for-2017-ndsu-football-season/
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #368 on: November 07, 2017, 03:59:53 pm »

Your reserved spots at NDSU go for $20 per spot, per game - with a minimum of 2 spots. So $40.

"But we're in NYC so let's charge $1,250!"

But I'm just thinking too small-time I'm sure

http://ndsuathleticfund.com/additional-reserved-tailgating-available-for-2017-ndsu-football-season/

And Fordham does charge a Tailgating fee of $30, so more than NDSU. $15 to park in the garage aka non-tailgating area.

Did you even know that, Spouse?
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #369 on: November 07, 2017, 04:03:04 pm »

I'm trying really hard to be reasonable and have a decent convo, Spouse! Work with me a little bit lol... You're just throwing sh*t at the wall without doing any real research.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #370 on: November 07, 2017, 04:10:53 pm »

And Fordham does charge a Tailgating fee of $30, so more than NDSU. $15 to park in the garage aka non-tailgating area.

Did you even know that, Spouse?

Yes, I know that.....did you look at the NDSU donation thread that shows the levels of donation and "perks" that you get?  $1000 per spot for the VIP parking per spot.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #371 on: November 07, 2017, 04:14:52 pm »

I'm trying really hard to be reasonable and have a decent convo, Spouse! Work with me a little bit lol... You're just throwing sh*t at the wall without doing any real research.

And I am trying to reasonable also.  I am not saying that we charge an arm and a leg for stuff, but using the Butt-Fumble Tent example from last weekend has to change.  I am being very serious about using Eddie's for high-end private tailgating.

I have done a ton of research and know the price points.  West Point is a realistic starting point.  Who cares about Lehigh and Colgate and Bryant.  We are the only Div. I football school in NYC....Let's act like it.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #372 on: November 07, 2017, 04:23:57 pm »

First of all...the Julio and Gang Tent debacle is a break even, at best, initiative, more than likely a loss leader.  The revenue generated from the Private Rental of Eddie's tailgate spots will more than cover the Football offices and weight room upgrades.  I would also cut a deal with NYBG for tailgate spots there also.  Those would go for a minimum of $250-500 per spot depending on the location and quality of the spot. 

This is a no-brainer revenue opportunity.  Why does the administration and alumns need to hold each other's hand making sure that alumns are being "taken care of"? Have a private "high rollers" invite only tailgate event for donors who donate $50k and above to the University per year. 

Fordham football supporters are up against it raising $2.5 mil for new offices.  This is not being critical, itís just the way it is. Theyíve broken their ass to raise the level of the program.  People are going to donate that kind of money to park on eddies?  Not even a little realistic my friend .  Plus, why the fascination with ripping one of the last open spaces on campus?  Want to shoot baby elephants, too?
Report Spam   Logged
Ram 83
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #373 on: November 07, 2017, 04:26:47 pm »

And I am trying to reasonable also.  I am not saying that we charge an arm and a leg for stuff, but using the Butt-Fumble Tent example from last weekend has to change.  I am being very serious about using Eddie's for high-end private tailgating.

I have done a ton of research and know the price points.  West Point is a realistic starting point.  Who cares about Lehigh and Colgate and Bryant.  We are the only Div. I football school in NYC....Let's act like it.

I give you credit for thinking outside of the box, but I also think parking on Eddie's is a terrible idea.  The idea of a VIP parking section isn't, however.  Maybe Murphy Field?  The artificial turf could handle the traffic far better than Eddie's grass.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #374 on: November 07, 2017, 04:30:37 pm »

I give you credit for thinking outside of the box, but I also think parking on Eddie's is a terrible idea.  The idea of a VIP parking section isn't, however.  Maybe Murphy Field?  The artificial turf could handle the traffic far better than Eddie's grass.

There's no access to the Murphy's on game day. Cars would need to drive through crowds of people. Murphy may even be further away than Lot A. I don't think he' talking about actually parking on Eddies or Murphy's though. More like VIP tents for the really pretentious tailgaters. And hey... I'm all about that VIP experience, but some things are just better left alone.

Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #375 on: November 07, 2017, 04:33:12 pm »

Fordham football supporters are up against it raising $2.5 mil for new offices.  This is not being critical, itís just the way it is. Theyíve broken their ass to raise the level of the program.  People are going to donate that kind of money to park on eddies?  Not even a little realistic my friend .  Plus, why the fascination with ripping one of the last open spaces on campus?  Want to shoot baby elephants, too?

Only if it taste as good as veal.
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #376 on: November 07, 2017, 04:36:15 pm »

Once again you you make statements of "fact" that just are not true, Ram-Louse. We are not the only Division 1 football school in New York City: Columbia and Wagner are also Division 1.

You ought to fact-check yourself before you post.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #377 on: November 07, 2017, 04:45:50 pm »

Once again you you make statements of "fact" that just are not true, Ram-Louse. We are not the only Division 1 football school in New York City: Columbia and Wagner are also Division 1.

You ought to fact-check yourself before you post.

FIRSTLY, I am sure that you have already gone scurrying to your admin buddies complaining about tailgating ideas that we have brought up. 

Secondly, if you want to compare our football program to a liberal Ivy and another school that can't spell football then so be it....We are a national program.  The other ones  aren't, lets starting acting like it.

Every time that I complain it is due to this type of small time thinking that you and other Drones have.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #378 on: November 07, 2017, 04:50:23 pm »

Charge or nor charge, regardless of the amount, I don't think that Edwards Parade Ground should ever be used for tailgating. It's a special place, central to the whole fabric of the campus.

There are other ways to figure out how to have tailgating at Homecoming.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #379 on: November 07, 2017, 04:51:23 pm »

I have already thought of the Eddie's "parking issue" and it is actually an opportunity.  A very simple Structural Engineer build puts a protective layer/floor on Eddie's during football season to protect it for parking and tailgating.  Very simple.  Eddie's is the perfect VIP tailgating parking/tailgating spot.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #380 on: November 07, 2017, 05:00:09 pm »

I have already thought of the Eddie's "parking issue" and it is actually an opportunity.  A very simple Structural Engineer build puts a protective layer/floor on Eddie's during football season to protect it for parking and tailgating.  Very simple.  Eddie's is the perfect VIP tailgating parking/tailgating spot.

We gonna remove handrails and put ramps on the steps to get down into eddies too?
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #381 on: November 07, 2017, 05:07:30 pm »

We gonna remove handrails and put ramps on the steps to get down into eddies too?

I want to make Eddie's the Preeminent tailgate spot in NYC.  To answer your question....Yes!
Report Spam   Logged
FUCoP69
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #382 on: November 07, 2017, 05:12:45 pm »

FIRSTLY, I am sure that you have already gone scurrying to your admin buddies complaining about tailgating ideas that we have brought up.

I don't have to. They all believe you to be a raving lunatic. They don't take you or your half-assed suggestions seriously. 

Secondly, if you want to compare our football program to a liberal Ivy and another school that can't spell football then so be it....We are a national program.  The other ones  aren't, lets starting acting like it.

I didn't compare anything. I simply pointed out that, once again, you post "facts" that are not true. And you've just done it again by claiming that I compared the football program at Fordham to Columbia and Wagner. You just can't help yourself. You love video clips, so I've got one that describes you perfectly...Jack Nicholson screaming at Tom Cruise in "A Few Good Men." Cruise: "I want the truth"...Nicholson: "You can't handle the truth!" I won't post it per ace's request, but you can't handle the truth either. Or recognize it.
Report Spam   Logged

Fordham: The oldest and winningest NCAA Division I baseball program.
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #383 on: November 07, 2017, 05:31:14 pm »

I don't have to. They all believe you to be a raving lunatic. They don't take you or your half-assed suggestions seriously. 

I didn't compare anything. I simply pointed out that, once again, you post "facts" that are not true. And you've just done it again by claiming that I compared the football program at Fordham to Columbia and Wagner. You just can't help yourself. You love video clips, so I've got one that describes you perfectly...Jack Nicholson screaming at Tom Cruise in "A Few Good Men." Cruise: "I want the truth"...Nicholson: "You can't handle the truth!" I won't post it per ace's request, but you can't handle the truth either. Or recognize it.

Fucop69 is the text book definition of the Fordham Drag....where are you suggestions?  CRICKETS......
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #384 on: November 07, 2017, 05:56:06 pm »

I want to make Eddie's the Preeminent tailgate spot in NYC.  To answer your question....Yes!

At least you're all in on the idea  Cheesy
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #385 on: November 07, 2017, 06:06:36 pm »

I donít think any alum who appreciiates Fordham and itís traditions is going to be impressed with parking on Eddies.  In fact Iíd go as far as to say that the would be against ripping up a significant piece of Fordham tradition for a parking lot.   
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #386 on: November 07, 2017, 07:15:50 pm »

I donít think any alum who appreciiates Fordham and itís traditions is going to be impressed with parking on Eddies.  In fact Iíd go as far as to say that the would be against ripping up a significant piece of Fordham tradition for a parking lot.   

Coach, so you don't think that we could/should park/tailgate on Eddie's?  How bout we turn the McLaughlin Family Memorial Basketball floor into the VIP parking area? Afro
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #387 on: November 07, 2017, 07:41:33 pm »

Coach, so you don't think that we could/should park/tailgate on Eddie's?  How bout we turn the McLaughlin Family Memorial Basketball floor into the VIP parking area? Afro

Spouse..  At this point I think you're just pulling everyone's chain. That's fine.  I don't think your serious with most of this.

I can't imagine someone like Mr. Gabelli thinking that turning EP into a parking lot is a good idea.  I don't think major donors are all that keen on damaging venues with significant traditional value. 

I do think if people are serious about bringing back tailgating, the admin could possibly entertain it at a close by site like the NYBG lot or the old ball field down coming off the Bronx River Pkwy.  The City would conceivably rent it for a day.  Not a long walk, in fact shorter than the walk you'd have getting to a game at a major college game.  Do some research on that!

Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #388 on: November 07, 2017, 07:41:36 pm »

if only there was some way to MODERATE such behavior

You have suggestions, PM me. If you have the time i can give you added privileges.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #389 on: November 07, 2017, 09:36:11 pm »

No parking on Eddie's.  FU could divide the parade ground into mini plots, then sells those plots to tailgaters in advance (Let's say $250/spot. Rain or shine. Non-refundable.).  Each spot is just large enough to accommodate a banquet table -- which, along with a tent, can be rented in advance for an additional cost and would be set up the night before homecoming -- and host approximately 15-20 people.  If you want to entertain more than 20 guests, you have to buy multiple spots.  Tailgaters can either carry their supplies from the parking lot/garage to Eddie's or, if they'd like to arrive early, security allows cars to enter the main gate from 9:30 a.m. until 11:00 a.m. (hard stop), stop to unload supplies, then exit through the Finlay gate.  There's still plenty of room for a Maroon Club tent, VIP tent, corporate hospitality if there was ever a need for such a thing, etc.  I'm guessing a couple hundred spots could be set up just inside the railings surrounding Eddie's, with plenty of room for additional spots and tents in the middle of the parade ground.  Security and police, who are on patrol all day, shut Eddie's down for tailgating at 5 p.m. (or whenever).  I'm sure there are a ton of logistics I'm not addressing, but I would think this would be more fun for alumni and students, and would be more appealing financially to the administration.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 [13] 14   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: