fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 05:08:01 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Coach Moorhead doing well

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coach Moorhead doing well  (Read 2515 times)
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« on: October 28, 2017, 05:58:03 pm »

They are Penn State ranked #2, It will be nice to see him in the postseason.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!

Social Buttons

The Grinch
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2017, 06:00:12 pm »

He will get offered a huge job next year.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2017, 07:39:22 pm »

Lost to Ohio State.  Won't be #2 any longer.  Offense did their part though.
Report Spam   Logged
JimboCBA72
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2017, 08:07:58 pm »

Got back from RH and caught just few minutes of game. Right after OSU scored to cut lead to 5. Graphic showed just 280 of total offense for PSU and their line was completely overwhelmed on last two possessions. Not sure I'd say offense did their part. Then again I didn't see most of game
Report Spam   Logged
xtey92a
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2017, 08:40:47 pm »

They are Penn State had a comfortable lead at the Half. Scored on the first punt return. Amazing comeback for Thee Ohio State.
Report Spam   Logged

#GoRamsGo!
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2017, 09:31:43 pm »

He will get offered a huge job next year.

You win as a team, you lose as a team. 

You didn't watch the 2nd half, especially the 4th qtr.  A couple of first downs with the best back in the country wins the game. 
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2017, 08:46:01 am »

Lets see what Florida does.....could start the dominoes........
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2017, 09:01:01 am »

Coach had a melt down.  He could be out today/tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2017, 09:03:50 am »

Despite the loss yesterday, amazing redemption for Charlie Strong this year. I hate that PSU lost, it means ND will now be in the conversation..

UCF having an incredible year.  Scott Frost to Florida?
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2017, 09:18:26 am »

Despite the loss yesterday, amazing redemption for Charlie Strong this year. I hate that PSU lost, it means ND will now be in the conversation..

Charlie strong? What has he done ? He took over a pre season top 25 team loaded with talent.. he won't even win his conf .. he's a fraud
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2017, 09:35:47 am »

PSU collapsed offensively and defensively in the 4th quarter.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2017, 09:38:23 am »

Charlie strong? What has he done ? He took over a pre season top 25 team loaded with talent.. he won't even win his conf .. he's a fraud

He was 37-15 at Louisville, was that a fraud as well? They had to cancel the Memphis game due to the storm, that would have been the real test for him this year.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2017, 09:41:45 am »

I guess you missed the 4th qtr.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2017, 01:45:26 pm »

Scott Frost will be going to Nebraska.  Coach Joe will get a look at the Univ. of Florida job, but will most likely end up at Central Florida or somewhere like that.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2017, 03:19:31 pm »

I guess you missed the 4th qtr.
I did, but scoring 38 should have been enough.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 29, 2017, 03:31:11 pm »

Scott Frost will be going to Nebraska.  Coach Joe will get a look at the Univ. of Florida job, but will most likely end up at Central Florida or somewhere like that.

Central Florida? Why would he take that job?
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2017, 03:48:59 pm »

I did, but scoring 38 should have been enough.

Offense came off the rails in the 4th qtr,  terrible play calling, especially with a lead. They should have shut down the RPO and run down the clock.

Football's a 4 qtr game.  Some days 38 isn't enough.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2017, 03:56:09 pm »

Central Florida? Why would he take that job?

Very good job. School is committed to the program.  Great place to recruit and you can get kids in.  AAC is a good conference.  It's a better job than some Power Conference jobs that may open.   I don't see him being able to get really big-time jobs just yet. 
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2017, 05:15:40 pm »

Itís become such a cutthroat, no patience business these big programs will throw money his way in the hopes that he can do for them what heís done for PSU offensively.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2017, 06:48:43 pm »

Very good job. School is committed to the program.  Great place to recruit and you can get kids in.  AAC is a good conference.  It's a better job than some Power Conference jobs that may open.   I don't see him being able to get really big-time jobs just yet. 
Totally agree.  Current coach, Frost has them at #15 and he'll get a bump up somewhere.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2017, 08:11:27 pm »

Just so you know USA Today posted college football salaries and Its kind of disgusting how much most of these guys make.  Before you start figuring out what jobs are best I would highly encourage you to see the salaries of these coaches.  The range in salaries are so vast.  A Big 10 HC makes several million more than AAC. 
SEC has highest avg.  i. Drive around $4 mil.  AAC was maybe $1 mil.
Big 10 ranked number 2 and so on.

So although UCF may be a good big UF pays about $3 mil more per year.  Sign a 5 year deal that is an enormous disparity $20 mil to $5mil.

MAC coaches ranked the lowest at around $400K.  Think about that.  Moorhead makes over double that as and Asst. Under a coach which just got an extension, so what would he ever leave a contract OC job making far more than a MAC HC and maybe more than some AAC head coaches?

Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2017, 08:25:48 pm »

Itís become such a cutthroat, no patience business these big programs will throw money his way in the hopes that he can do for them what heís done for PSU offensively.

I agree. I think he can get a job in a decent conference.  Some are better than others, though.   I'm not so sure that PJ Fleck didn't derail his career by jumping off to Minnesota.  Central Fla isn't a bad place to be on your first D-I job.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2017, 08:38:43 pm »

I agree. I think he can get a job in a decent conference.  Some are better than others, though.   I'm not so sure that PJ Fleck didn't derail his career by jumping off to Minnesota.  Central Fla isn't a bad place to be on your first D-I job.

The ACC would be a nice spot for him depending what might open up. Sort of the perfect combination of good football and not insane expectations.  I could see PSU launching him to a HC job there perhaps.  Iíve never been able to figure out why Virginia canít put it together.
Report Spam   Logged
Madram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2017, 09:11:36 pm »

JM has no chance whatsoever at the Florida job .. 0 none not chance
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2017, 09:14:33 pm »

The ACC would be a nice spot for him depending what might open up. Sort of the perfect combination of good football and not insane expectations.  I could see PSU launching him to a HC job there perhaps.  Iíve never been able to figure out why Virginia canít put it together.

I was at the CFU-Navy game and on the field pregame. CFU has men. The can go into any conference and be a second level team.  No question in my mind it's better than half the programs in the Big-10.

I think UVA has an academic integrity issue. They have some...
Report Spam   Logged
Touchdown17
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2017, 10:23:21 pm »

http://www.coacheshotseat.com/CoachesHotSeatRanking.htm

coaches on the hot seat  and if scroll down their salaryÖ 
Report Spam   Logged
PA Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2017, 11:04:02 pm »

It all depends on how the rest of the season plays out as to where heíll get a look.  He crushed a strong Michigan D with ease and then put up 38 on OSU on the road.  That said, that 4Q looks too much like the overly conservative playcalling that led to the USC loss and itíll leave a mark. 

I agree Central Florida is a very good job.  I could see him getting a look at Pitt if Narduzzi goes somewhere.  Nebraska will be interesting or somewhere like BC.  Otherwise I donít see him getting a high tier P5 job
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2017, 02:30:41 am »

It all depends on how the rest of the season plays out as to where heíll get a look.  He crushed a strong Michigan D with ease and then put up 38 on OSU on the road.  That said, that 4Q looks too much like the overly conservative playcalling that led to the USC loss and itíll leave a mark. 

I agree Central Florida is a very good job.  I could see him getting a look at Pitt if Narduzzi goes somewhere.  Nebraska will be interesting or somewhere like BC.  Otherwise I donít see him getting a high tier P5 job

Coach Joe is NOT getting a Power 5 head coaching gig....(at least not at a place that he should take).  The only exception is if the dominos fall and the Iowa St. coach goes somewhere big.  Coach Joe will not get a sniff at Nebraska if it opens up.  Also, Pitt is possible, but unlikely and BC is not going to open up. 

Scott Frost is either going to Tenn, Florida or Nebraska.  My guess is that it was a done deal for Frost to get the Nebraska job if/when it opened up but with what happened in Gainesville I would say that it is a more attractive job than Nebraska.

With that being said Central Florida is a great spot for Coach Joe and if he get that job and succeeds then a Top Tier Power 5 school is his next stop.  We have to remember Coach Joe is only 43.  Frost is 42.  These guys have a ton of years left to coach at the top level.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2017, 07:44:50 am »

Strong Michigan D?  Take a look at their schedule and points allowed. Michigan continues to live on their myth.  Big 10 is not very strong.  Penn state needs to run the table to make this one go away.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2017, 09:04:47 am »

Anyone know if Coach Joe has NFL aspirations? Just wondering if that has ever come up before.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: