fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 04:52:28 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Coach Moorhead doing well

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Coach Moorhead doing well  (Read 2515 times)
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2017, 01:42:18 pm »

No doubt Masella brought in talent but it seemed obvious to me that he was far form a disciplinarian.  Not sure the players really brought in to any team concept.  What bothered me was he constant screaming on the sidelines.  A buddy of mine that I played HS ball with told me that he was easily the least liked coaches by the PL referees, always bitching and complaining about every call.  From the few games that I saw him on the sidelines that was true.  By contrast I always seemed amazed at how calm Moorhead was.  It seemed like it took a lot for him to get upset at officials.

I agree with PA here in that from what I could gather as Moorhead got the team to buy in to him, his system, hi team effort and next man up.  Win and lose as a team.  I feel my Philly Eagles seem to have that same mindset and the players do not care as much as who is getting more playing time as long as they keep winning.  I watched the story on the Buffalo Bills last night and they referenced how they were known as the Bickering Bills with all of the star players with massive egos.  They recognized it, addressed it and said the results got better and better.  I am convinced you have to get the team to 'buy-in' to be very successful.  I am not so sure Breiner has any buy in.

I don't know that he was far from a disciplinarian. At least in the 1 year I played for him that certainly wasn't the case. There are a number of instances I can recall, but 1 sticks out specifically. A certain freshman QB on the squad was out late on a night he shouldn't been out at all. spent the end of practice running half varsity's until his legs were numb.
Report Spam   Logged
Chaka001
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: November 08, 2017, 09:03:07 am »

While i can't witness practice and what happens during the week (and I do not dispute what you stated), I was able to watch and go to games and I witnessed what to me IMO was a lack of discipline and buy in.  Some coaches are screamers, whiners, some calm and collective and many somewhere in between, but what I found most troublesome and concerning was that its was ultra obvious that during his last year the team checked out, he lost the team and he was toast.  As stated by others, he did bring in talent but I never viewed him as a solid head coach.

We will see how this season plays out and i hope the Rams finish strong, but my gut tells me AB is not the guy to lead this team back to success.  The very little that I have seen, just says that he is not ready.  Regardless, I hope the team can rebound finish well and improve for next year.
Report Spam   Logged
NYRam07
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: November 08, 2017, 11:03:23 am »

Some coaches are screamers, whiners, some calm and collective and many somewhere in between, but what I found most troublesome and concerning was that its was ultra obvious that during his last year the team checked out, he lost the team and he was toast. 

Agreed 100%
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: