fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 05:05:32 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Exhibition Game Fredonia 11/3

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhibition Game Fredonia 11/3  (Read 2451 times)
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2017, 08:15:39 am »

I will focusing on the following things:

The different lineups and how they work together
Half court offense.  Are we getting shots early middle or late in the clock. Part of what I think we will discussing is a deliberate half court offense to bleed the clock and limit possessions.
Transition offense after turnovers. We need to be efficient there if we are limiting possessions in the half court.
Do we make open shots.

Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS

Social Buttons

Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 08:35:01 am »

What concerns me , yet again, is too many injuries so early. I have heard that Pekarek has a concussion, Hicks might have a hammy strain, Bunting has a shoulder issue, nobody seems to know if Zarko is good to go......we are playing with 2 guys sitting out a year....so we are short to begin wtih.....this is perhaps a major concern or just normal training camp nicks?  Last year's season got off terribly, we need to be ready to go this year....given the propensity to foul from our front court, we literally cant afford to play with 9 guys....
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 08:38:17 am »

What concerns me , yet again, is too many injuries so early. I have heard that Pekarek has a concussion, Hicks might have a hammy strain, Bunting has a shoulder issue, nobody seems to know if Zarko is good to go......we are playing with 2 guys sitting out a year....so we are short to begin wtih.....this is perhaps a major concern or just normal training camp nicks?  Last year's season got off terribly, we need to be ready to go this year....given the propensity to foul from our front court, we literally cant afford to play with 9 guys....

I think the injuries are mostly normal training camp nicks. Zarko might be a different story. That said, it is exacerbated by the fact that we have 2 guys sitting out.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 09:16:28 am »

It is impossible to control injuries.  On the one hand we want to be part of getting transfers on the other hand two spots will not be available.  Every team deals with it EVERY.  Look at Saint Joes last year they had injuries had a bad year.  That is the reality of college basketball.   Nothing you can do but hope.   
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 09:19:03 am »

Agreed. Its reality. But we had reality last year!
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 10:42:27 am »

Pekarak should be back next week from the concussion. He'll be fine. So far it appears that he has recovered from his hip and groin surgery, which is no small thing. Those types of injuries can be tricky.

Don't think Hicks has a serious problem either.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 10:46:43 am »

You think we see zarko this year?
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2017, 11:22:36 am »

I will focusing on the following things:

The different lineups and how they work together
Half court offense.  Are we getting shots early middle or late in the clock. Part of what I think we will discussing is a deliberate half court offense to bleed the clock and limit possessions.
Transition offense after turnovers. We need to be efficient there if we are limiting possessions in the half court.
Do we make open shots.

You nailed most of what I was looking at. I am interested as well in the deliberate offense is a JN staple or just a function of our terrible efficiency last year. You seem to think it will continue which is fine as long as we shoot better. It also increases the importance of the possessions we gain through the TO's we force.

Yes the transition offense was a huge issues last year as we couldn't convert live ball TO's. That should be much better this year with increase athleticism on the court.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2017, 11:42:27 am »

My main concern is to see if the bigs can stay out of foul trouble. We need Slanina and Ohams on the ice.....Slanina really seemed to be getting going last year before the injury.....Ohams is vital on D.
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2017, 11:56:41 am »

My main concern is to see if the bigs can stay out of foul trouble. We need Slanina and Ohams on the ice.....Slanina really seemed to be getting going last year before the injury.....Ohams is vital on D.

No way

Don't want to see either of them on the ice! Shocked

I do agree with you about them staying out of foul trouble
Report Spam   Logged
topcat
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2017, 03:38:07 pm »

It is impossible to control injuries.  On the one hand we want to be part of getting transfers on the other hand two spots will not be available.  Every team deals with it EVERY.  Look at Saint Joes last year they had injuries had a bad year.  That is the reality of college basketball.   Nothing you can do but hope.   
Would have been nice to have Manny Suarez
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2017, 04:00:01 pm »

Would have been nice to have Manny Suarez

This is a useless (and pathetic) train of thought.

Play the exhibition game so that some of this trash gets buried.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2017, 04:01:58 pm »

RB wants to know the line for tonight's scrimmage. Anything? Just kidding.

Glad bball is finally back. Anyone not receive their seasons yet with the games around the corner?
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2017, 05:45:15 pm »

if all goes favorable for JN 3rd squad, JN will have enviably problem - 11 players who can contribute - some in Big Way - but probably 8 will see significant minutes.  Hopefully Wins get going and it will Sort itself out.  Go Fordham!!! Afro
Report Spam   Logged
fc79
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2017, 06:02:02 pm »

Anyone not receive their seasons yet with the games around the corner?

When I spoke with the ticket office yesterday, they expected to mail them today.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2017, 07:08:44 pm »

Fans of all programs play what ifs.  Maybe he needed some adversity. Good for him for getting on Creighton.

Pretty impressed actually by the sheer volume of ex-Fordham guys on decent programs this year.  Paschall at 'nova.  Anderson UConn.  Sengfelder Boise. Suarez Creighton. Even Nych Smith is back, at Winthrop, which went to the NCAAs from The Big South last year. Although down there my money is on UNC-Asheville.  And Asheville loses guys every year, even to Arizona.  Their coach, Nick McDevitt, says that's ok, I want guys who want to be here (who wouldn't? Asheville is awesome, craft beer, hipsters and the Blue Ridge).  And he gets guys I bet Wake and NC State end up saying why didn't we get him?  Check out Ahmad Thomas.  Although he's actually from Danville. And Mario Teague from Ohio.

We have had talent but I think JN is building a pipeline of better and better players.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2017, 07:13:21 pm »

Whoops, double post
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:04:37 pm by drunkle » Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2017, 07:13:56 pm »

Triple.

Everyone does it. It would be like saying you don't know if an ex girlfriend got married. All ok as long as you don't wallow in it. 

Looking forward to this year and the guys on this team.  Seems like a tight group on Petty's podcast.
« Last Edit: November 02, 2017, 10:15:00 pm by drunkle » Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2017, 07:40:24 pm »

In tracking former players, there's also Jahshire Hardnett, on the roster at BYU. He played 27 minutes and had 5 points, 2 steals in the Cougars' exhibition win over Westminster.

Drunkle's right about Asheville. Andrew Rowsey transferred to Marquette, where he's been one of the country's top shooters. He made an impact last season and will likely make a bigger one this year.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2017, 08:16:17 pm »

Tracking former players in a thread about an exhibition game is weak to put it politely. Way to swallow the bait guys. 

We get going tomorrow. We being the current players and fans of this program. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2017, 11:25:46 pm »

Ah, well, but you put so much meat on the original post. Looking for open shots, transition, half court play. Yes, they have that in basketball games. Who knew? And a game against a team that went 10-15 in D-III should be so revealing on our chances in A-10 play.

That's in jest. But let me put a bit of spin on the game that might make it a bit more interesting. Fredonia's coach is Phil Seymore, who played at Canisius under former Fordham Coach Nick Macarchuk, and later wound up on Nick's staffs at Canisius. Not his only Fordham connection, though. He went to work for John Beilein, Jeff Neubauer's mentor, and they coached together at U. of Richmond.  Probably explains why, of all the gin joints . . . he comes to Rose Hill for an exhibition.

Most of Fredonia's roster is from NYC and vicinity. Not names I recognize, would be helpful if anyone has commentary. But the exhibition will have six degrees of . . . something, anyway. Seymore's a Brooklyn guy, He was the womens' coach at Providence, an Albany Patroon who played for Phil Jackson.

Let's go, Rams! Have a fun exhibition and let's hope JN's got you ready for the season kickoff!
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2017, 09:12:51 am »

First look at the team week before season stats. We get a chance to see what is a brand new team this year so yes it will be revealing.  The next time you post something intelligent about basketball will be the first.  Rooting for you but unfortunately we will only get long posts that say nothing and mean less. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2017, 01:15:54 pm »

I don't criticize Elizabeth II. Same rule applies to you.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2017, 04:44:46 pm »

Enough talk (or type).  it's time to put the orb through the ring with great vigor.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2017, 04:46:50 pm »

Push the ball, stay healthy, and put up a big number to get momentum going.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
acrammer
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2017, 06:57:19 pm »

Is there a live feed for this game tonight?
Report Spam   Logged
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2017, 07:31:03 pm »

Go to Fordhamsports and there is a link to live stats.

GO RAMS.
Report Spam   Logged
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2017, 07:55:29 pm »

42 - 17 Rams at the half. Bunting, Pekarek, and Zarkovic did not play. Raut started. Biggest lead was 39 - 10. Rams had 11 assists and 5 turnovers.

GO RAMS.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2017, 09:02:12 pm by southcarolinaram » Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2017, 08:57:08 pm »

Tre Evans is best player Since Tony Mcintosh; might just lead team in scoring & minutes played; what a get for JN
Report Spam   Logged
klb75119
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2017, 09:05:38 pm »

Let's tap the brakes here Fredonia not a real test
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: