fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 03:35:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Exhibition Game Fredonia 11/3

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Exhibition Game Fredonia 11/3  (Read 2451 times)
novaguy
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: November 09, 2017, 02:43:49 pm »

Only Fredonia, so what.  Appears Rams on turnaround trip. Hope a good season and victory at SJU,  Re players lost to other programs, a few comments on EP.  He received some rough handling here when he left but the kid that emerged at NOVA was a pleasure.  Last year because of the very thin roster, he had to play lots of minutes at the 5.  Never complained, got banged around by BE bigs but performed admirably.  He's grown a bit and looks a lot more athletic since I first saw him in a scrimmage his red shirt year.  Lots of reasons a kid transfers, but that doesn't make him bad.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: November 09, 2017, 02:59:44 pm »

Only Fredonia, so what.  Appears Rams on turnaround trip. Hope a good season and victory at SJU,  Re players lost to other programs, a few comments on EP.  He received some rough handling here when he left but the kid that emerged at NOVA was a pleasure.  Last year because of the very thin roster, he had to play lots of minutes at the 5.  Never complained, got banged around by BE bigs but performed admirably.  He's grown a bit and looks a lot more athletic since I first saw him in a scrimmage his red shirt year.  Lots of reasons a kid transfers, but that doesn't make him bad.

We wish him well. Everyone has moved on, Nova.
Report Spam   Logged
DamnRam
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #62 on: November 09, 2017, 03:33:00 pm »

Re players lost to other programs, a few comments on EP.  He received some rough handling here when he left .... Lots of reasons a kid transfers, but that doesn't make him bad.

The reason he received "rough handling here" is because of the way in which he left the program.  If memory serves correctly (and I admit I might not be recalling this right), I believe it was his overly-involved father demanding that he be allowed the option to shop himself around (perhaps he had Nova in mind due to a warm introduction from a certain someone?), and still be able to come back to Fordham if nothing else works out.  Roach granted that request.  Personally, I wouldn't have done such a thing as it shows zero institutional self-respect and causes people to look at Fordham as just a fallback option.

Left a "bad taste" in our mouths, even though we would all acknowledge he's not fundamentally a bad person.  Roach shares some of that blame of course.
Report Spam   Logged
LXRF
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #63 on: November 09, 2017, 04:25:48 pm »

EP was liked by the other players and the fans while he was here.  Transfers happen, and if he had to play a lot of minutes last year, that's satisfies the hope of a player when he transfers, especially after they had to sit out a year.
Report Spam   Logged
novaguy
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #64 on: November 10, 2017, 09:46:21 am »

Thanks for the interesting input.  I don't know, but it's reasonable to suspect that EX coach, given relationship with Jay had some influence on EP's landing at NOVA.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #65 on: November 10, 2017, 10:27:18 am »

So is he coming back to FU for his 5th year?  Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: