fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 03:35:43 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

A10 Most Improved Player

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: A10 Most Improved Player  (Read 490 times)
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« on: November 02, 2017, 10:16:09 am »

I believe the A10 gives an award each year for the most improved player. All returning Rams are eligible, but which ones are most likely to compete for the award? Who would you like to see compete for the award and how would that affect the Rams this season?

I am encouraged by what I hear about Will's improvement and what I hear about Procop's shooting. I think both Chuba and Ege can be vastly improved this year. Jesse, David and Nem can pick up their game if one or all stay healthy.

GO RAMS.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2017, 10:25:06 am »

My vote here would be for Bunting. He should see plenty of time and could have the biggest uptick.
Report Spam   Logged
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2017, 10:34:12 am »

Will Tavares. Hands down.
Report Spam   Logged
tuckertomm
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2017, 10:42:08 am »

Will Tavares. Hands down.
Sorry RB We need him to keep his Hands Up! Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2017, 10:51:03 am »

We need Tavares and Ohams to be in the conversation to have a good year.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
rambacker
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2017, 11:37:54 am »

Sorry RB We need him to keep his Hands Up! Evil

+1.  Afro
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2017, 11:29:32 pm »

If Pekarek can find his shot and be an effective 6'7" wing player for us, he'd be the guy to get my nod.
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2017, 03:59:06 am »

Taveres, Ohams, Pekarek, Havsa all candidates Afro
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2017, 08:32:41 am »

Taveres, Ohams, Pekarek, Havsa all candidates Afro

So are Zarko, chartouney, Bunting, and Slanina!! Grin
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2017, 01:55:25 pm »

You're essentially just listing players that make up our rotation. Has nothing to do with "A10 Most Improved Player" talk. Start with "most improved" for the team. This is one of several threads that will be looked back on in March with sheer absurdity. Be realistic, and somewhat grounded with an understanding of what these players have to offer vs. the conference.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2017, 04:40:04 pm »

understanding what these players have to offer vs. the conference.

Of course there's been a lot of talk about Tavares (coach, Petty, etc talking him up).  But if you look at what a guy has to offer vs. the conference, Slanina probably has a good shot of impressing.  He's got the size a lot of teams lack, and was starting to show signs of being a scoring option before he went down (he was actually 2nd on the team in points per 40 in conference).  If he can stay on the court he could be a 14 and 7 guy.  He was 15 and 7 per 40 last year, and while he won't play 40 minutes obviously, he will get some of the shots that left with the grads and transfers.

But aside from individual honors, the team has a shot at most improved team.  There's opportunity for a lot of guys to step up production.  And Slanina, Havsa and Bunting were 3 of our more efficient guys on offense.  I don't think Bunting's numbers would translate to a lot more usage (some), but Slanina and Havsa maybe.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2017, 04:46:02 pm »

Slanina probably has a good shot of impressing.  He's got the size a lot of teams lack, and was starting to show signs of being a scoring option before he went down (he was actually 2nd on the team in points per 40 in conference).  If he can stay on the court he could be a 14 and 7 guy. 

We're on the same page, as per usual. I think 14/7 is a bit ambitious. I think I have him a bit under 11ppg in my predictions (which would be a large leap, nearly into Sengfelder's production)

Bare in mind, foul trouble and bad games can really cut into stats at the college level. To average 11ppg means you're putting down 16 as frequently as you are 6. And for Slanina, I could see him doing quite a bit of both.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: