fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 05:03:40 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham vs. LIU Brooklyn Pre-Game/Game Thread 11/13/17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham vs. LIU Brooklyn Pre-Game/Game Thread 11/13/17  (Read 2619 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2017, 09:39:03 am »

When you shoot as bad as bad as we did and get outrebounded as bad as we did Then to me that requires a major reversal. Sorry not emotional but realistic.

78 - Just to go back to your declaration that it'll take "major reversal to have a chance" - we are big favorite, evidently. Lets have some expectations here. Play a solid game, hit some shots and the result will show for itself. I think we'll win by 9, to be exact.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2017, 10:05:34 am »

It would not surprise me if there is no Vegas line at all.

To follow up on this, I can recall similar matchups being off the board entirely. On occasion, it may be offered as an "Extra Game" - one that is capped at a limit. In any case, I think we all agree this is a game we should win; and hopefully with a convincing DD statement. Go punk them.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2017, 10:13:33 am »

Win this and Friday becomes a bad opening day that numerous other better than us teams had. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2017, 10:35:30 am »

Win this and Friday becomes a bad opening day that numerous other better than us teams had. 

No doubt.  Indiana got totally destroyed in Archie Miller's debut against Indiana State.  Saint Joseph's, Wake Forest, West Virginia. Kentucky barely beat Vermont. 

BTW, T-Rank has it Fordham by 8 over LIU-Brooklyn.  71-63 (pretty similar to the Miami game).  I actually went by the sports book at the Venetian in Vegas on Friday, but didn't wager anything.
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2017, 10:46:23 am »

LIU Brooklyn is low-level D1. Fordham may be low-level D1, I don't think so. To say it'll take a "major reversal to have a chance" is not accurate. Emotional, but not accurate.

Well, it may only be based on one game, but after this weekend's games, Fordham's BPI is 180, Miami's is 282, and LIU's is 183. If we can lose to a 282, it stands to reason that we can lose to a 183. Just sayin'...go Rams!
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2017, 11:22:06 am »

He cant play as much as possible because he, along with Ohams, is a fouling machine.  2 fouls in 11 minutes.  Do the math.  Nearly 8 fouls per 40 minutes. Ohams had 5 fouls in 21 minutes. Even worse. You simply cant play these guys if they are going to average 8-10 fouls per 40 minutes, its ridiculous. And it was the same or worse last year.

Thats on the staff to fix. Whichever coach is in charge of the bigs, or defense, drill it into their damn heads. It's going to cost us if not fixed.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2017, 11:27:19 am »

Exactly right. I will say, if any program needed a W in the worst way to open the year - it was us. Had we escaped with a 4-point win, it would be laugh and jabs that we got way with one. To lose it the way we did, you couldn't have scripted it worst.

Must blitz LIU and set ourselves up to flip the script immediately. I'm not having a 8-20 year. Not doing it.
Report Spam   Logged

Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2017, 11:30:09 am »

Agreed we donít have the winning tradition that makes it easier to brush off a loss like Friday.  So now win tonight and reset heading into Jamaica.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Vinseiro2
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2017, 11:46:52 am »

Do we have to break 70 to win tonight's game? 75?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2017, 11:51:51 am »

Exactly right. I will say, if any program needed a W in the worst way to open the year - it was us. Had we escaped with a 4-point win, it would be laugh and jabs that we got way with one. To lose it the way we did, you couldn't have scripted it worst.

Must blitz LIU and set ourselves up to flip the script immediately. I'm not having a 8-20 year. Not doing it.

I disagree to an extent. I feel that if we had escaped with a close win, that it would have given the team (maybe not all of them) a false sense of everything being fine.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2017, 12:06:00 pm »

Possibly, but I'm looking at possessions and pace, we had 67 possessions in our game and LIU had 85, if this game has closer to 85 we are in trouble.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2017, 12:22:13 pm »

77-68 with 18 coming from Evans.
Report Spam   Logged

Vinseiro2
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2017, 12:34:29 pm »

Did we ever score 77 last season?  That's a tall order for Evans.  Where are the other 59 points coming from?

I hope we do a better job of attacking the rim and not taking early or bad 3s.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2017, 12:51:52 pm »

Did we ever score 77 last season?  That's a tall order for Evans.  Where are the other 59 points coming from?

I hope we do a better job of attacking the rim and not taking early or bad 3s.

Well yes, we scored 101, 85, 73, 70, 83, 72, 86 (2ot), 71, etc.

If the pace is what I anticipate, plenty of 2nd half scoring. Both teams should push, and neither rebound it. Plenty of broken play points, 77-68 may actually be understating it.
Report Spam   Logged

vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2017, 01:58:23 pm »

Compughterratings has it at 75 - 67    very close to yours
Report Spam   Logged
ramwatcher
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 13, 2017, 02:16:07 pm »

I think LIU is an NEC team. If so, this game will not be lined
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: November 13, 2017, 02:39:26 pm »

want to see more from Crowd; D-Fence Chant!
Prokop - more minutes
JN said it well - better offensive performance from Everybody

No 2-10 From Evans Please;  Let's get it Going Fordham!
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 13, 2017, 04:30:59 pm »

Basically, if we hit our shots at a decent percentage and play good defense, I think we should win, even if we get outrebounded.  But these guys have to play with intensity for 40 minutes, not like the last game where they tried to mail it in in the last 5 minutes and lost.
Report Spam   Logged
KPW
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 13, 2017, 04:32:46 pm »

I don't believe JC really wants to be here. Needs to play like the pro he will be.
Report Spam   Logged
Battering Ram
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 13, 2017, 04:46:20 pm »

No doubt.  Indiana got totally destroyed in Archie Miller's debut against Indiana State.  Saint Joseph's, Wake Forest, West Virginia. Kentucky barely beat Vermont. 

add Richmond who got obliterated today by Jacksonville St, 94-61.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 13, 2017, 05:17:07 pm »

add Richmond who got obliterated today by Jacksonville St, 94-61.

I guess they miss Cline.  They are now 0-2.  Lost to Delaware, which was also-ran in CAA last year (their 2nd year coach is Martin Inglesby, former Notre Dame player and assistant under Brey).  Jacksonville State went to NCAAs last year from OVC in his first year there after 5 years at Western Kentucky (where he also went to 2 NCAAs).  The Delaware loss stings.  They finished Kenpom 290 last year, worse than Miami of O.

Gotta seize this year.  The league is looking ripe for the taking.  Let's start the party tonight.
Report Spam   Logged
SkipPass71
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 13, 2017, 05:39:42 pm »

Some have expressed that LIU will be held under 70 points.  They did score 96 in the road loss to Tulane, before a little more that 1,000 "fans."  We will need a bigger, supportive crowd.  Missing in our first game was the kind of floor-slapping, get after it defense that AA and Zarc provided last year to help wear down opposing point guards.  Who can/will step up and provide this tonight.  Tavares looks smooth, strong and capable of doing some real offensive damage.  Let's see.  Go Rams!
Report Spam   Logged
Jaden Daly
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 13, 2017, 06:42:42 pm »

Live from the RHG, it's my 2017-18 Fordham debut.

For those of you that are back for more, welcome back...for those new to the party, I can't make any guarantees.

Anybody have any insights from the Miami U game that I should know about?
Report Spam   Logged
Jaden Daly
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 13, 2017, 06:51:38 pm »

JC, Evans, Tavares, Raut and Slanina get the start for the Rams tonight. LIU counters with Agosto, Batts, Hernandez, Clark and Coleman.
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 13, 2017, 07:10:25 pm »

Anyone else having problems watching online?
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 13, 2017, 07:13:08 pm »

Anyone else having problems watching online?
Video keeps freezing and have to keep refreshing.
Report Spam   Logged
alanccrx
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 13, 2017, 07:16:42 pm »

Typical Fordham BB video.... all messed up...
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 13, 2017, 07:18:49 pm »

Gave up on the crappy video and went to the radio feed. Our big is playing in closer and having a big early impact. JC looking good. Also, lovin that 2-3 zone. WT is money.

Keep it up!
Report Spam   Logged
Kaup
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 13, 2017, 07:20:22 pm »

Video keeps freezing and have to keep refreshing.
Same here.  I don't even know why I bother sometimes.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 13, 2017, 07:21:52 pm »

its phuggin garbage,. go play i have things to do.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: