fordhamfans.com
November 23, 2017, 05:07:22 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Bucknell @ Fordham

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Bucknell @ Fordham  (Read 2060 times)
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« on: November 12, 2017, 11:08:08 pm »

As the season cones to an end, Sagarin has us as 2 1/2 point favs over Bucknell.
Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2017, 05:49:32 pm »

What a bad season and there's rain predicted. Jeez!
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:34:29 am »

An amazing lack of interest and response on this thread. For the life of me, I can't understand why? 🏈🏈😟 Can't wait til 9/1/17 opener.
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 01:09:39 pm »

Anderson not playing again.  Can't wait for that sideshow to end after today.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 01:11:08 pm »

After an excruciatingly boring quarter of football, a flash of Edmonds brilliance: 65 yds for the TD.

Man, am I going to miss watching him play college football!
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 01:26:27 pm »

Anderson not playing again.  Can't wait for that sideshow to end after today.

I can name a lot of football and basketball players over the years who came to believe that they were doing Fordham a favor by continuing to be here.  Anderson is half the player Nebrich was.
Report Spam   Logged
charlietags
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 01:30:34 pm »

I believe we will continue to watch Chase play on Sundays.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 01:34:42 pm »

Has Chase had a 100 yard game this season?
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 01:34:53 pm »

No....
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 01:48:02 pm »

Has Chase had a 100 yard game this season?

Not before today, but has 105 at the half.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 01:55:55 pm »

me too, but it will be different than what he can do in college. I don't think he will be pulling off any 65 yd TD runs (complete with spin moves and stutter steps) on off tackle plays in the NFL.

We've been very fortunate the last few years to see what he can do.
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 02:43:57 pm »

I know this is just one game, but I don't think Austin King is the answer to our future quarterback position.
Report Spam   Logged
fordham81
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 02:44:13 pm »

Rams ahead 7-6 at the beginning of 4th. Fordham fumbles and Bucknell has ball on FU 10. They look horrible (again)

Bucknell 9, Fordham 7

10:49 left
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 02:46:57 pm »

Good job not letting them score a TD after the turnover. Let's see if the offense can get going.
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 02:54:09 pm »

Maybe, not the sure thing it was a year ago.  I don't see him getting drafted.
Report Spam   Logged
charlietags
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 02:57:18 pm »

Looks like our offensive line is in deep trouble.  They are no longer able to protect the QB and I agree I am not seeing the future QB on the field right now. Looks like we are going to lose unless we change things around and soon. Come on Rams. And just like that Longhi runs back a punt and we take the lead. Awesome.
Report Spam   Logged
kenman
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2017, 02:57:57 pm »

This is really pathetic. Defense finally shows up but the offense disappears.
OK! Before I could post a punt return for a TD!
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2017, 03:06:16 pm »

To be fair to King and also Chase, our offensive line is horrendous.  After Chase goes, our whole offense needs refurbishing.
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2017, 03:12:40 pm »

Lovely way to end the game.

Thank you Chase.

p.s. the only problem with that is that is was so quick and left 3 minutes for Bucknell.
Report Spam   Logged
kenman
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2017, 03:30:56 pm »

Lovely way to end the game.

Thank you Chase.

p.s. the only problem with that is that is was so quick and left 3 minutes for Bucknell.
It SHOULD have been a lovely way, but for some inexplicable reason he was on the field for the final, meaningless plays. Similarly I would have pulled that lineman and given him a chance to come off to a nice ovation.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2017, 03:31:48 pm »

It SHOULD have been a lovely way, but for some inexplicable reason he was on the field for the final, meaningless plays. Similarly I would have pulled that lineman and given him a chance to come off to a nice ovation.

Maybe Chase wanted to be on the field to end his career and help secure the victory.
Report Spam   Logged

txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2017, 03:32:50 pm »

Looks like our offensive line is in deep trouble.  They are no longer able to protect the QB and I agree I am not seeing the future QB on the field right now. Looks like we are going to lose unless we change things around and soon. Come on Rams. And just like that Longhi runs back a punt and we take the lead. Awesome.
Coyle, a senior, is ok at left tackle but I didn't like his unsportsmanship at the end of the game.
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 18, 2017, 03:41:12 pm »

Congrats to the Rams!
Report Spam   Logged
Ram-Spouse
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 18, 2017, 03:49:28 pm »

I can name a lot of football and basketball players over the years who came to believe that they were doing Fordham a favor by continuing to be here.  Anderson is half the player Nebrich was.

I agree.  Beyond terrible.
Report Spam   Logged
An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 18, 2017, 04:00:34 pm »

I have to say you're right about Anderson.  Very disappointing.  I was very high on the guy.  Too bad he became a parasite. At some point he's going to look back and realize things could have gone much better and he only has himself to blame.
Report Spam   Logged
kenman
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2017, 04:52:34 pm »

Maybe Chase wanted to be on the field to end his career and help secure the victory.
Maybe he wanted to be out there for those meaningless plays, but "secure the victory"? We were up 20-9 with 1:24 to go. No gain, lose 3, gain 3. But it was a happy ending and no one got hurt (it seems) during those last few seconds in the wind and rain.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2017, 05:21:28 pm »

Maybe he wanted to be out there for those meaningless plays, but "secure the victory"? We were up 20-9 with 1:24 to go. No gain, lose 3, gain 3. But it was a happy ending and no one got hurt (it seems) during those last few seconds in the wind and rain.

Yep, a first down would have meant Bucknell could not get the ball back. It ended up that a penalty did that instead, but if Bucknell had gotten the ball back a touchdown would have put them within 1 score and then they would have gone for an onside kick. 11 points with 1:24 is no guarantee. If victory is not meaningless, then the plays were not meaningless.
Report Spam   Logged

toby
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 18, 2017, 05:23:34 pm »

I have to say you're right about Anderson.  Very disappointing.  I was very high on the guy.  Too bad he became a parasite. At some point he's going to look back and realize things could have gone much better and he only has himself to blame.

Congratulations to Chase and the seniors who had a great run 3/4 years at Rose Hill.  Hopefully, another wave of victories and champions are on campus and return next year.

What are the negative inference(s) regarding KA?  He had a great career too.  probably top 3 QB in the Modern Era of FU Football, no?
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 18, 2017, 05:27:03 pm »

Congratulations to Chase and the seniors who had a great run 3/4 years at Rose Hill.  Hopefully, another wave of victories and champions are on campus and return next year.

What are the negative inference(s) regarding KA?  He had a great career too.  probably top 3 QB in the Modern Era of FU Football, no?

Kevin Eakin, John Skelton, Mike Nebrich, in order of appearance, were all better than Anderson in my book.

As for the negative commentary, some are saying he was suspended multiple times for insubordination. I do not know anything about that though.
Report Spam   Logged

An Old Coach
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 18, 2017, 05:31:25 pm »

He got suspended twice.  Thatís bs. I was a big supporter.   Once, ok, it happens. Again your senior year?  No excuse for that. 
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: