fordhamfans.com
December 18, 2017, 01:36:52 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham vs. Florida State (Montego Bay) - 11/17/17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham vs. Florida State (Montego Bay) - 11/17/17  (Read 3059 times)
Vinseiro2
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2017, 01:25:05 pm »

BTY if Raut is really what we saw (or close to it) vs LIU, he will be the must see college player in our area and folks will travel to see him.  That type of sharp shooter, who seemed to need very little space to get off his quick release shot, could have played almost anyplace in the country.  

Is this for real?  Can't wait.
Report Spam   Logged
shortshot
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2017, 01:46:03 pm »

For everyone who wants to see us raining down 3-pt bombs (and I'm absolutely fine with that, if they fall), this is the game to do it...
Agree. We arenít going to get any easy baskets in the paint while FSU likely gets 2 or 3 off their misses. Hit the 3s, force the turnovers and cross your fingers.
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: November 16, 2017, 02:49:21 pm »

Jon Isaac 5th ranked nba prospect
Seminoles only shorter than tallest nba squad Bucks
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 16, 2017, 03:16:06 pm »

A repeat performance by Raut, the man from Montenegro, or as I like to call him, the Balkan Bomber, and the reappearance of the Havsa who did some serious A-10 damage last season would be great for the cause.  JC still seems a little jittery.  BTY if Raut is really what we saw (or close to it) vs LIU, he will be the must see college player in our area and folks will travel to see him.  That type of sharp shooter, who seemed to need very little space to get off his quick release shot, could have played almost anyplace in the country.  

This is so embarrassingly delusional, please stop it.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 16, 2017, 03:45:04 pm »

I saw about 10 minutes of the second half and GW had some good moments creating open 3's and points off drives

There is no doubt FSU is bigger and more athletic than us and we will need to play really well to beat them but they are not a perfect team and can fall asleep on D

Hoping for an upset win but being realistic
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 16, 2017, 04:14:02 pm »

Jon Isaac 5th ranked nba prospect
Seminoles only shorter than tallest nba squad Bucks

Jon Isaac plays for the Orlando Magic.
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: November 16, 2017, 04:24:01 pm »

& Leonard Hamilton is 68 - old man not capable of coaching anymore
Report Spam   Logged
SkipPass71
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 16, 2017, 08:17:46 pm »

This is so embarrassingly delusional, please stop it.
I'm not sure if you were at the LIU game, but the first six shots Mr. Raut took were truly astounding.  As Bill Raferty wound say, they "tickled the twine", "nothing but nylon."  I stick by my statement: small sample not withstanding, if he is anything close to this eye-popping display then LOOK OUT!  He will have to be accounted for and this will open up all sorts of other things for the Rams.

BTY, his seventh shot wasn't nearly as good as the first six.  You see, it only got halfway down before spinning out.  Let's see.
Report Spam   Logged
vinnys
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 16, 2017, 09:43:27 pm »

line is currently   14  1/2      Vegas also lists time change to 6 PM tip rather than 6:30   CBS confirms
Report Spam   Logged
hermanbricks
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 17, 2017, 01:12:04 am »

some of my fondest memories of Penders teams included close loss to Joe Klein, Alvin Robertson team - Arkansas in Great Alaska Shootout.  Fordham stayed with this team 38 minutes or so and was play or two from pulling it off.

We need all facets of offense defense working to make a ball game of it.

Go Fordham!!
Joe Kleine. A fond memory? He wishes that he could forget his OWN career.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 17, 2017, 07:48:04 am »

Well, same theme, they have bigs.  Slanina, Ohams, Bunting have got to stay out of foul trouble early or it will be a Raut.
Report Spam   Logged
ram20220
Sophomore

Class of '08

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 17, 2017, 10:03:28 am »

A10Talk's preview of the game tonight:

Fordham vs Florida State

This is a huge step up in competition for the Rams, who opened the season against Miami (OH) and LIU Brooklyn. For Fordham to pull the upset, Chartouny is going to have to be huge, both offensively and defensively.

That being said, the Seminoles only return one starter, Terrance Mann. Mann has taken over the role as the playmaker for the Noles, and Fordham will look to try to stop him.

Itís possible Fordham could catch FSU sleeping, but for now I just donít think they have the talent to beat a team on the front-half of the ACC.

My prediction: Fordham 61, Florida State 85

http://www.a10talk.com/atlantic-10-friday-preview-predictions-2/
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 17, 2017, 10:06:11 am »

Joe Kleine. A fond memory? He wishes that he could forget his OWN career.

15 years making NBA money?  I bet the only thing he wishes is that he was born 15 years later and was making the money scrubs make today.

His highest career salary was 1.235 million.

But when he was 38 in the summer of 2000, and retired, his agent called and said the Trailblazers wanted to sign him for $1.2 million and trade him with Jermaine O'Neal to the Pacers for Dale Davis.  He thought it was a joke.  The trade went through and the Pacers immediately waived him.  He owned a barbecue and rib joint in Little Rock, and sent the Pacers a care package of ribs.

He also won a gold medal with the 1984 US Olympic team (pre-Dream Team).  I'm sure he recalls his career fondly.

BTW, Miami of Ohio beat Wright State, which was a decent team last year.  I wish them many more wins on the year.  They looked awful against us, just slightly less awful, but whatever helps the old RPI.

Saint Louis had a big win last night, against Virginia Tech.  The A-10 needed someone to step up (Davidson looks like the offense is primed, putting up 100+ again in stomping UNC-W).  Time to take down another ACC team.

Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 17, 2017, 10:16:51 am »

Win or lose, this is a statement game that will let the team show what it's about. If FSU comes off the court knowing and feeling that they've been in a fight, we've done our job.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 17, 2017, 12:19:36 pm »

Win or lose, this is a statement game that will let the team show what it's about. If FSU comes off the court knowing and feeling that they've been in a fight, we've done our job.

Turn them over a ton (I think they are vulnerable there), protect the ball, keep it respectable on the glass, guard like dogs, make shots.

https://twitter.com/FordhamRams/status/931550711376117761
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

View Profile WWW
« Reply #45 on: November 17, 2017, 05:38:31 pm »

Joseph Chartouny  Show (Scouts) What  You Are Young Man  Afro
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 17, 2017, 06:12:36 pm »

there are more people in my kitchen than at this game. it looks like an old charlie rose interview.
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 17, 2017, 06:26:32 pm »

there are more people in my kitchen than at this game. it looks like an old charlie rose interview.

Advantage Fordham!! We are used to these kind of crowds Grin
Report Spam   Logged
The Grinch
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 17, 2017, 06:30:04 pm »

Men against boys
Report Spam   Logged
southcarolinaram
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 17, 2017, 06:34:06 pm »

Way too many turnovers, too many missed free throws, and 0 for 3 from 3 point range. Not good.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 17, 2017, 06:35:59 pm »

Chartouny plays soft. He actually sucks now. Go play pro in Afghanistan, play like a man my god. What a feline. Play hard or leave we dont need you.

« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 06:59:07 pm by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 17, 2017, 06:54:30 pm »

Coaches going bowling later?
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 17, 2017, 06:58:49 pm »

Chartouny stinks. Sit his ass down. Go play pro in some 3rd world country cause right now you suck.
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2017, 06:59:07 pm »

Chartouny plays soft. He actually sucks now. Go play pro in Afghanistan, play like a man my god. What a feline. Play hard or leave we dont need you.

He is playing like a walk in the park sit this chump.  This team sucks.

1-6 from the line and misses wide open three to end half.  He's been terrible this season
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2017, 07:03:36 pm »

Chartouny sucks. He should have left. Typical Pecora guy, some talent, play soft, get worse. Leave now.
Report Spam   Logged
alanccrx
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2017, 07:07:02 pm »

U G L Y.... to say the least.... Fordham can not shoot...little size...can not rebound...free throw shooting is BAD!...ball control? what ball control?  Watching this team is really difficult....doubt team will hit my 58 point prediction...hope team is enjoying weather though... Evil
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2017, 07:07:24 pm »

Losing by 17.  15 Turnovers, missed 7 free throws out of 12 attempts, shooting 26% overall with only 1 3 pointer.  Yeah, we're losing by 17. QED.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2017, 07:09:31 pm »

I blame Chartouny. He appears to not want to be here. Sit him down, now. Go play for some pro team in Diareahstan. No effort.  You want to be a fat lazy white guy, join the rebounders club. Thyis guy is killing this team, sit him down, play havsa.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2017, 07:18:50 pm »

CYO-touney.,
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2017, 07:23:54 pm »

Disgrace.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up