fordhamfans.com
December 18, 2017, 01:24:19 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham vs. Tulane (Montego Bay) - 11/19/17

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham vs. Tulane (Montego Bay) - 11/19/17  (Read 2494 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« on: November 18, 2017, 01:02:41 am »

Tulane, get ready. Rolex wearin', kiss stealin', limousine riddin' 1-22 3-PT, 43 point-offense coming right at you.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball

Social Buttons

Fordham Lurker
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2017, 08:06:01 am »

Who can think of Montego Bay without thinking of Bobby Bloom?   Smiley (It is credited as the first reggae/steel drum single to chart in the US).

Bloom died just a few years later, and this turned out to he his only hit recording.  But he is better remembered as a songwriter and producer.  He was a co-writer of "Mony, Mony," among others.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2017, 08:18:26 am »

Any info on Ohams?  Is Zarkovic playing this year?
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2017, 08:24:06 am »

Who can think of Montego Bay without thinking of Bobby Bloom?   Smiley (It is credited as the first reggae/steel drum single to chart in the US).

Bloom died just a few years later, and this turned out to he his only hit recording.  But he is better remembered as a songwriter and producer.  He was a co-writer of "Mony, Mony," among others.

Good one. Desmond Dekker's Israelites was #9 in '69 the year before.  No steel drum but generally considered the first reggae hit.

The boogie down Bronx gonna roll Tulane.
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2017, 08:39:16 am »

Sagarin has the Rams as 2 point dogs to Tulane, no home court advantage.
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Lurker
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2017, 09:39:44 am »

Good one. Desmond Dekker's Israelites was #9 in '69 the year before.  No steel drum but generally considered the first reggae hit.

The boogie down Bronx gonna roll Tulane.

Should have been clearer that steel drum is generally considered a form of reggae.  People use the term "reggae/steel drum" to distinguish it from African steel drum music.
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2017, 09:44:52 am »

Tulane pounded the Rams of Colorado St. last night, 80-53. Let's hope we can represent the species a little better tomorrow night...
Report Spam   Logged
bronxboy10
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2017, 11:25:30 am »

Sagarin has the Rams as 2 point dogs to Tulane, no home court advantage.

Wish I was in Vegas (or has that Borgata book opened in Jersey yet?). Pretty easy call here- Tulane -2 all day!
Report Spam   Logged
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2017, 11:44:03 am »

Tulane, get ready. Rolex wearin', kiss stealin', limousine riddin' 1-22 3-PT, 43 point-offense coming right at you.

1 for 22 from 3. Unreal.  I was in and out watching the game and I saw Tavares hit his 3 and thought "OK, get some more of that going."  Didn't realize then that was the zenith of the long range shooting for the evening.

Forget FSU, you shoot 1 for 22 when your offense is predicated on the 3 and you will beat nobody.
Report Spam   Logged
RamFan78
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2017, 12:03:18 pm »

1 for 22 from 3. Unreal.  I was in and out watching the game and I saw Tavares hit his 3 and thought "OK, get some more of that going."  Didn't realize then that was the zenith of the long range shooting for the evening.

Forget FSU, you shoot 1 for 22 when your offense is predicated on the 3 and you will beat nobody.

Problem is we have played 3 games and in 2 of them shot 3-24 and 1-22. That is almost impossible to do. Are we inconsistent or are we consistently bad? Time will tell but there could be some ugly games to come.
Report Spam   Logged
Vinseiro2
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2017, 12:08:52 pm »

Another game in which we will be overmatched physically.  Let's try to keep it under 20.

We'll see the return of Tony Chiles on Tulane's bench - guy's got nine lives.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2017, 12:45:47 pm »

I'm down on Chartouny because he doesn't appear to have his heart in it. Who knows, I could be dead wrong because never has played with a lot of emotion.  But its hard to ignore the whole draft thing. Havsa's line was atrocious. 20 minutes 0-3 shooting, 3 personal fouls,  0 rebounds, 4 turnovers.  Wow. That is as bad as it gets.  How long to we wait for him to come un-funked before he goes permanently to the bench?

Tulane seems to run and gun.....should be interesting....if Zarko is not going to play this year, and if Ohams is hurt, we have just 9 guys.  Get some rest tonight..
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2017, 12:49:18 pm »

Big time gut check game for the guys. I expect a good effort.
Report Spam   Logged
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2017, 02:34:24 pm »

Joe didn't have his heart in it in the final half of last season as well. Something happened
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2017, 02:41:04 pm »

Joe didn't have his heart in it in the final half of last season as well. Something happened

Get out of here with this garbage.  His game log shows this is crap.  He played his best basketball in conference play except the 4 games where he had his family issues.  You are full of shyt as usual. 

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/player/gamelog/_/id/3906465/year/2017/joseph-chartouny
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
Bay Ridge
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 18, 2017, 03:38:54 pm »

You're right , it was the last four games ; but I agree with'85 , his heart does not appear to be in it since then.
Report Spam   Logged
drunkle
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 19, 2017, 07:49:21 am »

Tulane pounded the Rams of Colorado St. last night, 80-53. Let's hope we can represent the species a little better tomorrow night...

Colorado State is decent. Tulane has been shredding the nets but haven't played any good defensive teams.  They barely beat LIU. They turn it over. They aren't a particularly good rebounding or defensive team.  They evidently can shoot inside and out but haven't been punched in the mouth yet.  We should win the TO battle handily. For goodness sake take care of the ball. And hit some 3s.  But 2s should be easier to come by this time.  These guys are big but not as big or tough as FSU, and now we have been up against it.  Will seem relatively easier.  But shots have to fall. Duh.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 19, 2017, 07:57:16 am »

So anyone know the extent of Ohams injury and/or anything on Zarkovic?   
Report Spam   Logged
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 19, 2017, 08:39:36 am »

So anyone know the extent of Ohams injury and/or anything on Zarkovic?   

All I know is that Ohams had ice on his back in LIU game and took himself out.  I don't think Zarko is coming back at all.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 19, 2017, 08:49:08 am »

Well, again, poor schollie management ? We are already down 2 players due to transfers. And they dont appear to be killer transfers.  It seems as if everyone knew Zarko would not be back. One injury and we are down to 9.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2017, 09:03:04 am »

Line has moved to 5.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2017, 09:48:56 am »

Line has moved to 5.

Tulane 72 Fordham 69
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2017, 09:54:57 am »

Two Lane  75    Fordham  50   ( which given my prior predictions bodes well for the rams).
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2017, 10:05:58 am »

All I know is that Ohams had ice on his back in LIU game and took himself out.  I don't think Zarko is coming back at all.

Is Zarko off the team or hurt?
Report Spam   Logged
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2017, 10:08:06 am »

Fordham 72 Tulane 62, Slanina 22, Evans 17, Tavares 14.
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2017, 11:00:40 am »

Fordham 69, Tulane 68. JC, Tavares and Slanina with 15 each.
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2017, 12:47:06 pm »

Tulane is a high scoring team and I don't see us holding them down in the 60s. They're averaging 92 points a game. We're (one would hope) a different level of competition, but they have two very tall, high scoring guards in Reynolds and Frazier (6'7" and 6'6") who are going to be real match up headaches, to say the least. Either one can really light it up. Solve that and we have a chance. They have other decent players as well, but those two in particular worry me.

Tulane 81 Fordham 72 (sorry bros - hope I'm wrong)

Report Spam   Logged
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2017, 12:57:52 pm »

Tulane is a high scoring team and I don't see us holding them down in the 60s. They're averaging 92 points a game. We're (one would hope) a different level of competition, but they have two very tall, high scoring guards in Reynolds and Frazier (6'7" and 6'6") who are going to be real match up headaches, to say the least. Either one can really light it up. Solve that and we have a chance. They have other decent players as well, but those two in particular worry me.

Tulane 81 Fordham 72 (sorry bros - hope I'm wrong)

They've been impressive shooting it but we are a very good defensive team. I'm more confident of us keeping them in the 60s than us getting into the 70s tbh. Our first seven turnovers against FSU were completely unforced. That can't keep happening.
Report Spam   Logged
Richie68
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2017, 01:23:46 pm »

I have a feeling that we are going to hit our 3's today, hit our free throws, play good defense and let Tavares drive the lane.  Tulane barely beat LIU so it's not like this is an impossible task.  If we play our game correctly, I think we win.  Prediction: Fordham 77 Tulane 74.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2017, 01:28:31 pm »

I have a feeling that we are going to hit our 3's today, hit our free throws, play good defense and let Tavares drive the lane.  Tulane barely beat LIU so it's not like this is an impossible task.  If we play our game correctly, I think we win.  Prediction: Fordham 77 Tulane 74.

We need to hit our 3's to win. If we miss our 3's we lose, nothing else can stop that or counterbalance our 3's. Live or die by the 3.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: