fordhamfans.com
December 18, 2017, 01:23:44 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham vs. Manhattan Jaspers Pre-Game/In-Game, 2pm - 11/26/17

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham vs. Manhattan Jaspers Pre-Game/In-Game, 2pm - 11/26/17  (Read 3509 times)
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« on: November 20, 2017, 09:50:04 am »

The bleeding has to stop here.

Given the anticipated crowd, will anyone be witness to it. If Chartouny shoots 2/13 in front of an empty RHG, did it really happen?

No prediction from me, yet. But if we turn the corner, itís be Slanina busting a zone and opening the floor for Evans to get going.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball

Social Buttons

Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2017, 09:53:19 am »

I think there will be a solid crowd for this one.  Not great but ok.  We will hold them to under 60. Can we score 61?
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2017, 04:22:24 pm »

A much needed week off. Some home cooking against our rivals. This is the perfect game to turn around the OOC schedule and hopefully help us rip off some wins.
Report Spam   Logged
Rambow
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2017, 05:33:22 pm »

Manhattan beat Harvard.  They will be difficult to beat.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2017, 05:44:06 pm »

This.

VT - you are always very, very optimistic, but the ďhome cookingĒ sentiment is really not where this team is at, nor does it match the feel of what will be 950 Jasper people yelling over 473 chairbacks.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2017, 06:53:08 pm »

But they also had a bad loss to a weak UMKC today by 9 points on a neutral court when they were 7 point favorites. Were also lucky to beat St. Francis by 1 point at Draddy.
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2017, 07:33:56 pm »

Sagarin has the Rams as one point favs.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 20, 2017, 07:54:45 pm »

Interesting. Iím expecting Fordham -4.5
Report Spam   Logged

RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 20, 2017, 08:20:25 pm »

I believe that Sagarin number does not reflect Manhattan's bad loss today and will be updated. 

By the way, RPI's weird system has Toledo #1 today.  Huh?
Report Spam   Logged
John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 20, 2017, 08:46:37 pm »

I believe that Sagarin number does not reflect Manhattan's bad loss today and will be updated. 

See? A few years back, when we were looking to replace Pecora, I told you we should look at Toledo's coach? Nobody listened!

Seriously (assuming Toledo doesn't challenge for the national title), Manhattan will be a good test. My first game in the JN era was 2 years ago against Manhattan, when we pressed them into the ground. "Whoa! This is different!" I thought, looking at that game. Last year, we got spanked at Draddy, with a team that was struggling to execute JN's system. This year, I'm hoping the home advantage works for us. Manhattan picked as one of the better teams in the MAAC, but the MAAC is acknowledged to be particularly weak this year. Would really like to see one of the guys who's been sleepwalking this season -- Chuba, Havsa, Bunting -- break out and do some damage in this game.

Was hanging out in Arizona last week with a Jasper friend, told him I'd make it to the game. Dreading Thanksgiving Sunday traffic, but heck, I was in LA last week, so how bad could it be, comparatively?
Report Spam   Logged
ram it 66
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2017, 09:13:47 am »

Good call 71. Sagarin now has the Rams as 3 pt. favs.
Report Spam   Logged
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 21, 2017, 10:01:12 am »

This.

VT - you are always very, very optimistic, but the ďhome cookingĒ sentiment is really not where this team is at, nor does it match the feel of what will be 950 Jasper people yelling over 473 chairbacks.

Not sure it is fair to call me "always very, very optimistic." Go back and read my posts during the end of the Pecora era. I also had no hope after St. Joe's last year. I am very bullish on this staff and still think we have the players to execute the system. Last year we saw that it takes time to get comfortable working in an offense that plays at this slow a pace. I'm sure Evans has never done it and it will take tiem for him to feel comfortable. Same with Raut and Hicks. I have been disappointed with JC and Havsa as they have spent time in the system and have not had a good start

Yeah I meant home cooking as less about the fans and more about shooting at home. We need to shoot the ball better and shots tend to go in more when you are at home.
Report Spam   Logged
JohnG92
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 21, 2017, 04:37:46 pm »

I am very bullish on this staff and still think we have the players to execute the system.

I think Neubauer is an excellent coach. I believe the team will improve each game. 

Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 21, 2017, 05:20:03 pm »

Good call 71. Sagarin now has the Rams as 3 pt. favs.

That number may drop again to 1 or 2 after Manhattan plays a solid game today in a 4 point loss to a good Missouri State that was 8 point favorites. Jaspers actually deserved to win.

If I am a betting man (which I am not), I am taking Manhattan and hoping I am very wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 21, 2017, 05:58:55 pm »

That number may drop again to 1 or 2 after Manhattan plays a solid game today in a 4 point loss to a good Missouri State that was 8 point favorites. Jaspers actually deserved to win.

If I am a betting man (which I am not), I am taking Manhattan and hoping I am very wrong.

The level of execution is dumpster fire-caliber, right now, thereby making the game impossible to cap.

My gut (and nothing more) says Fordham plays a more respectable game, and Evans gets into it down the stretch. A strong half push gives us the W, Fordham by 9.
Report Spam   Logged

RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 21, 2017, 06:37:54 pm »

The level of execution is dumpster fire-caliber, right now, thereby making the game impossible to cap.

My gut (and nothing more) says Fordham plays a more respectable game, and Evans gets into it down the stretch. A strong half push gives us the W, Fordham by 9.

That result would make me very happy.
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 21, 2017, 10:24:30 pm »

The shooting level is horrendous but there were some possessions against Tulane where the ball moved with purpose and the guys started to get it.  Problem was we did not finish. 

Pomeroy says we win 68-63. 
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
VTRAM
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2017, 08:49:00 am »

The shooting level is horrendous but there were some possessions against Tulane where the ball moved with purpose and the guys started to get it.  Problem was we did not finish. 

Pomeroy says we win 68-63. 

Agreed the ball movement was beautiful to watch at times. When those possessions end with missed wide open 3's in rhythm  it is a killer.
Report Spam   Logged
Vinseiro2
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2017, 09:38:05 am »

Jaspers averaging 17 TOs/game, so that bodes well for us. 

Let's put away the 3-ball a bit (especially certain players) and get to the hoop.  Allow Ohams to work the offensive glass a bit.
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2017, 01:19:05 pm »

we have to get the Sage of Santa Barbara off starting these threads. Maybe that's why we are losing?
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2017, 03:46:02 pm »

we have to get the Sage of Santa Barbara off starting these threads. Maybe that's why we are losing?

Was at Pepperdine two nights ago for the UCSB game. Difficult life to pass up. Not exactly longing for the Deegan expressway and Draddy gymnasium.
Report Spam   Logged

John
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2017, 03:52:23 pm »

Well, yeah, but there's the 405, the 5, the 101, the 110, the 105, the 134, and on it goes. You see the words "Galpin Ford" looming before you for hours on end, and you get nightmares.

My family moved to the Golden State when it had 12 million people. Nice. Now, with 35 million, not so much, IMHO.
Report Spam   Logged
DCRam
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2017, 04:03:52 pm »

Was at Pepperdine two nights ago for the UCSB game. Difficult life to pass up. Not exactly longing for the Deegan expressway and Draddy gymnasium.

Hard not to like that view of the Pacific.
Report Spam   Logged
Fordham Road
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2017, 04:49:01 pm »

It's a tough life to pass up, my wife wants northern westchester/ct but hard to pass up life in california with weather/biz ops.
Report Spam   Logged
RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2017, 05:11:23 pm »

Manhattan loses to Northern Illinois 70-68 and finishes in eighth place (last). Jaspers will come into RHG on a three game losing streak. They are not a good team right now.   
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2017, 05:56:16 pm »

Manhattan loses to Northern Illinois 70-68 and finishes in eighth place (last). Jaspers will come into RHG on a three game losing streak. They are not a good team right now.   

Respectfully, thatís not a good angle. Manhattan is not a good team right now, and Iím sure as hell Fordham isnít either. Manhattan has beaten Harvard, and had single possession losses to Missouri State and Northern Illinois. As the MAACís Bronx bastard stepchild to Fordham, this is the premier OOC game that they circle. They will want it, badly.

Iím sticking to Fordham by 9, behind a strong second-half; but Iím not putting a dime of meaning into the Jaspers finishing ďlastĒ in some bogus November tournament. If anything, losing by 4 and then by 2 only further ignites their engine to fight for 40 minutes. And to be honest, any D1 team that puts forth the effort is going to give Fordham a run right now.
Report Spam   Logged

RAM71
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2017, 06:17:02 pm »

Respectfully, thatís not a good angle. Manhattan is not a good team right now, and Iím sure as hell Fordham isnít either. Manhattan has beaten Harvard, and had single possession losses to Missouri State and Northern Illinois. As the MAACís Bronx bastard stepchild to Fordham, this is the premier OOC game that they circle. They will want it, badly.

Iím sticking to Fordham by 9, behind a strong second-half; but Iím not putting a dime of meaning into the Jaspers finishing ďlastĒ in some bogus November tournament. If anything, losing by 4 and then by 2 only further ignites their engine to fight for 40 minutes. And to be honest, any D1 team that puts forth the effort is going to give Fordham a run right now.

I agree with you. And as I previously posted, I am picking Manhattan because we are a bad team right now. Again, hope I am very wrong.
Report Spam   Logged
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2017, 06:20:29 pm »

Objectively, I like Rich Williams more than Will Tavares, and I like their 4 frontcourt rotation players more than our 4.  I like Chartouny Evans and Hicks more than the rest of their guards if Chartouny and Evans actually get it in gear. 
Report Spam   Logged
Jaden Daly
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2017, 11:36:47 pm »

The return of the most comprehensive preview of the Battle of the Bronx that you'll find anywhere:

http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2017/11/battle-of-bronx-preview-manhattan-vs.html

See y'all at the RHG Sunday!
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2017, 11:49:58 pm »

The return of the most comprehensive preview of the Battle of the Bronx that you'll find anywhere:

http://dalydoseofhoops.blogspot.com/2017/11/battle-of-bronx-preview-manhattan-vs.html

See y'all at the RHG Sunday!

your writing has gotten a lot better. Nice job.

Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: