fordhamfans.com
December 18, 2017, 01:36:24 pm
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

Fordham vs. Manhattan Jaspers Pre-Game/In-Game, 2pm - 11/26/17

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Fordham vs. Manhattan Jaspers Pre-Game/In-Game, 2pm - 11/26/17  (Read 3509 times)
CBA06
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: November 25, 2017, 12:21:04 am »

I'll be there on Sunday cheering the Rams on.  Losing at home to Manhattan is unacceptable.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2017, 09:02:41 am »

I've mostly kept my mouth shut and my comments to myself thus far this season because the guys need a few games under their belt to get it together. I also cannot judge a young team after 4 games. However, we've now had 2 home and 2 away games, and a nice period of rest before this one. No more babying, no more excuses. These guys better come to play tomorrow. Win or lose, just come to God damn play, and play some inspired, tough ball.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: November 25, 2017, 09:23:00 am »

Not really that young. Slanina (Jr. ). Tavaeras(Sr.). Chartouny(Jr.)  and about 30 years old,  Evans (so) Ohams (So.). Hicks (sr.).....the young team excuse ain't flying, in fact we only have one true freshman ( Raut).  Get it together,no excuses. Chartouny, no excuse whatsoever, get the game in gear or move on.....enough excuses with this guy.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 25, 2017, 09:28:53 am »

Not really that young. Slanina (Jr. ). Tavaeras(Sr.). Chartouny(Jr.)  and about 30 years old,  Evans (so) Ohams (So.). Hicks (sr.).....the young team excuse ain't flying, in fact we only have one true freshman ( Raut).  Get it together,no excuses. Chartouny, no excuse whatsoever, get the game in gear or move on.....enough excuses with this guy.

Fair enough. Young is an overstatement. Just trying to give this group the benefit of the doubt, for the complete farce of a showing they had in Jamaica. No more excuses is right.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 25, 2017, 09:31:05 am »

I think they will turn it around. But ever year we cant tank the early part of season, its too late after that. We need to win all of these winnable games in the OOC from here forward.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 25, 2017, 09:34:22 am »

I think they will turn it around. But ever year we cant tank the early part of season, its too late after that. We need to win all of these winnable games in the OOC from here forward.

I agree. 4 games is enough to start to put it together cohesively on the floor. Must wins must be won. Starting tomorrow.
Report Spam   Logged
greenwood
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: November 25, 2017, 09:58:25 am »

I have a tough time with the winnable game term. Every game is winnable (even WVU) and losable.  Manhattan is a tall order and thoughts that we should win are misguided. Tomorrow itís about playing the same defense at the same level weíve been playing, and shooting better. Simple.
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 25, 2017, 10:32:25 am »

your writing has gotten a lot better. Nice job.

Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
pjd
Junior

Tertullian - Model Levite Priest

View Profile WWW
« Reply #38 on: November 25, 2017, 11:05:35 am »

Hicks could be key to puzzule; can force other players to Earn Playing Time
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: November 25, 2017, 01:25:20 pm »

I have a tough time with the winnable game term. Every game is winnable (even WVU) and losable.  Manhattan is a tall order and thoughts that we should win are misguided. Tomorrow itís about playing the same defense at the same level weíve been playing, and shooting better. Simple.

Winnable equals games in which we are favored. Is that better for you?  Not many upsets from this program. 
We need to shoot better,really? Hadn't noticed  Huh? Roll Eyes
Report Spam   Logged
Rich93
Class of 93
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: November 25, 2017, 01:35:22 pm »

FSU and WVU are tall orders.  Manhattan is similarly ranked to us despite our atrocious start to the season.  Letís not lower the bar to an embarrassing level where beating Manhattan is treated as an upset.  It would not be it would be a win against a fellow 200 Pomeroy  team. Losing would also not be a surprise for the same reason.
Report Spam   Logged

WINNING MATTERS
SkipPass71
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: November 25, 2017, 06:40:03 pm »

But for the defections, ours would be a decent A-10 roster poised to take it to the likes of the MACC Jaspers and Ivy League Crimson.  Now it's a bit more dicey.  Rams and Jaspers both hungry for a W upon return from unfriendly warmer climes. Slanina must avoid fouls and be deployed to do what he does best on offense. Our zone D, while not making for an exciting style of play, has already shown signs of putting up-tempo teams in the same, quicksand/molasses mixture that worked against some good A-10 opponents last year. As stated elsewhere on this board, we need the real JC to lead us and some better shooting by all cast members!

Hope enough students are back on campus and interested in the Battle of The Bx!  Sad to see our team and staff looking at that sea of empty seats in the RHG during the LIU game. Cheer us, Boo us, just don't ignore us!  Hope for a repeat performance of our National Anthem, beautifully done by the Fordham Choir.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: November 25, 2017, 07:57:26 pm »

Bunting has been very unappreciated, IMO. There were games last year (i.e. upset W at St. Joseph's) where he went to work on both ends of the floor. I have no doubt he can hold his own, but asking him to do it for 20+ games at 30+ minutes per night goes above and beyond. And what do you do when his knees are banged up in January? And what do you do when Slanina has 3 fouls at the 8:18 mark of the first half? You're also asking Tavares to rebound like a power forward now.

The inability to recruit any decent forward depth was glaring prior to Chuba's injury, now it's a bullseye for the entire season.

I'll hold my bullish Tre Evans prediction, it's coming. He's going to be a good one - and it starts today for him.
Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
ramfan01
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: November 25, 2017, 08:50:15 pm »

If Bunting ever plays 30 minutes, it will mean that Slanina plays 10.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: November 25, 2017, 09:25:00 pm »

If Bunting ever plays 30 minutes, it will mean that Slanina plays 10.

it does not.

However...speaking of Slanina getting 10 minutes, for any game Slanina is in foul trouble (10+ games he either fouled out or had 4 personals), you can do the math for those as well.

Report Spam   Logged

Any other team wins the World Series, good for them. They're drinking champagne, they get a ring. But if we win, on our budget, with this team... we'll have changed the game. And that's what I want. I want it to mean something. - Moneyball
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: November 25, 2017, 09:28:13 pm »

Bunting may now be forced into duty. When called upon last year,he was money. dont count him out.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: November 25, 2017, 10:37:48 pm »

Interesting. Iím expecting Fordham -4.5

It's opening 4.5
Report Spam   Logged

BronxKid
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: November 25, 2017, 11:14:53 pm »

The game is tough to call (can there really be a "book" on this one?) but Fordham really has the edge and should win by single digits. Manhattan is not really that good and hasn't been since the recruits of the former coach have all departed. Masiello really cannot recruit in the MAAC and the Jaspers' results over the past few years has shown that. Heck, even today their squad has 20% walk-ons and there are better players on the coaching squad than on the roster. 72-63 Rams.
Report Spam   Logged
kidfromny
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: November 26, 2017, 07:25:58 am »

Hope ALL the basketball fans who can make the game today actually go out of their way to show up and support.
Report Spam   Logged
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: November 26, 2017, 08:29:34 am »

The inability to recruit any decent forward depth was glaring prior to Chuba's injury, now it's a bullseye for the entire season.

Agreed.

All the more highlighted by signing two marginal transfers who are both guards, in the same ilk as what we are loaded up with now. When you know that you have a problem injury wise with Zarko, you are making yourself awfully thin by signing two transfers, neither of whom is a killer transfer from a big program, and all it takes is an injury or two and you are screwed.....right now down to 9 ......and Bunting has had a shoulder issue.....

Manhattan 67     Fordham 57  ( again bodes well for the rams )

« Last Edit: November 26, 2017, 08:46:24 am by 85 » Report Spam   Logged
Hambletonian46
Waterboy

View Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 26, 2017, 11:08:26 am »

This is one of those Rams vs Rams games.

If we shoot 50% from the FT line, miss 20-30 threes, and spend the game making tricky passes to guys on the other team, we lose. Doesn't matter what the Jaspers do.

I would just be happy if the Rams play forty minutes of decent ball.

If we end up with an afternoon of unpressured long range air balls, it is going to be a sucky end to the holiday weekend.

Fordham 71-65...'cause if they lose this game whatever little bit of mojo they have left is going going gone.
Report Spam   Logged
Vooter
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2017, 11:10:14 am »

The game is tough to call (can there really be a "book" on this one?) but Fordham really has the edge and should win by single digits. Manhattan is not really that good and hasn't been since the recruits of the former coach have all departed. Masiello really cannot recruit in the MAAC and the Jaspers' results over the past few years has shown that. Heck, even today their squad has 20% walk-ons and there are better players on the coaching squad than on the roster. 72-63 Rams.

Zane Waterman is off last season's numbers so far, but he's a load who can shoot and could give us problems...
Report Spam   Logged
SkipPass71
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2017, 12:40:40 pm »

What a beautiful day!  Let's play two! Headin' down.  Go Rams!
Report Spam   Logged
SkipPass71
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2017, 12:45:49 pm »

Recruiting is a tricky thing.  Just ask Coach Masiello 's defrocked mentor!

Agree with those seeing big game from smooth Will T.
Report Spam   Logged
SIram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2017, 01:01:11 pm »

There are few things sweeter than to see Masiello's sour puss when he loses a game in the RHG

Go RAMS
Report Spam   Logged
SkipPass71
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2017, 01:11:33 pm »

Raut should be happy to return to the friendly rims at the RHG.  If the "BB" gets off early could be quite a display from deep.
Report Spam   Logged
PeterMartin08
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2017, 01:47:47 pm »

Raut should be happy to return to the friendly rims at the RHG.  If the "BB" gets off early could be quite a display from deep.

at this point, I can only assume you're joking. Your word choice and phrasing is too coincidental.
Report Spam   Logged

Jaden Daly
Sophomore

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: November 26, 2017, 01:55:44 pm »

A pleasant good afternoon from the RHG for the 110th Battle of the Bronx, and my 7th.

JC, Evans, Tavares, Raut and Bunting getting the start today...if anyone knows something I don't about Slanina, what happened?

Jaspers going with Walker, Capuano, Williams, Crawford and Paulicap.
Report Spam   Logged
BuckeyeRAM
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #58 on: November 26, 2017, 02:07:49 pm »

Hopefully Fordham can get in done today at home against Manhattan!

The winning formula for Fordham in their win over LIU this season and for their wins last season is their system (defense, steals, and forcing turnovers) + Good REBOUNDING + attacking the basket and shooting less 3 pointers.

Fordham has had a lot of games last year and in the 4 games this year where they got a ton of steals 10+ and forced 18/20+ turnovers and lost because they shot way too many 3 pointers and got killed in the rebounding category. That's why they need to have either Bunting/Ohams playing more minutes alongside Slanina but I saw on the other Link that Ohams is out for the year so we need Bunting's in there to help out with rebounding and interior defense.

When Fordham rebounds well and wins the rebounding margin or only loses the rebounding margin by 6 or less, they usually win. Check out the rebounding Margin in Fordham's last 10 wins:

Fordham 81 LIU 68                 Rebounds:  LIU 41 Fordham 35
Fordham 70 Duquesne 52        Rebounds: Fordham 33 Duq 21
Fordham 54 St Louis 40           Rebounds: Fordham 38 St Louis 21
Fordham 53 Rhode Island 43   Rebounds:  Fordham 38 R.I. 37
Fordham 86 St. Joes 83           Rebounds:  St Joes 44 Fordham 40
Fordahm 71 UMASS 68            Rebounds:  Umass 32 Fordham 31
Fordham 69 VCU 67                Rebounds:  Fordham 37 VCU 30
Fordham 60 Davidson 54         Rebounds: Fordham 39 Davidson 28
Fordham 83 C. Conn 60          Rebounds: Fordham 29 C. Conn 26
Fordham 68 FDU 55                Rebounds: Fordham 36 FDU 33

Report Spam   Logged
BuckeyeRAM
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: November 26, 2017, 02:13:16 pm »

Fordham will beat Manhattan 74-65 today!
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 6 7   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: