fordhamfans.com
December 13, 2017, 07:50:19 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News:

Home Help Search Gallery Login Register  

WBB vs N Colorado

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: WBB vs N Colorado  (Read 224 times)
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« on: November 24, 2017, 07:44:34 pm »

We're up at the half by 21-18 after being up by 8.  We're still getting caught in mismatches on pick and rolls.

We have a height advantage and Klug is getting a lot of shots in close.  She has 7 points.

Davis is having TO problems.  She has 4 and the team in total have 11.  3 TOs were from our bigs lowering the ball on a rebound and a guard swiping it.  Davis has 5 points and 9 rebounds.

Davis and Holden each have 2 fouls, prompting Davis to sit for 5 minutes and helping NC come close the gap.

Both teams are shooting around 32%.  Cavanaugh and Holden are both 1-5.

We're up 23-15 on the boards.

« Last Edit: November 24, 2017, 08:07:02 pm by txram » Report Spam   Logged

Social Buttons

txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2017, 08:19:17 pm »

We're up 40-23 after 3 quarters.

Davis and Cavanaugh each have 10 points. 

I like the way Cavanaugh attacks the basket, which is a much needed change of pace.  She gets a little out of control in doing so however.

Klug was playing outside now so wasn't scoring despite her height advantage.  She missed a layup on her only shot.  She has 3 boards in 24 minutes.  The offense is leaving room for Davis to work inside.

Davis has 16 boards.  Holden has 4 fouls.

We're shooting 40% to their 26%.  We had only 2 TOs that quarter.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:23:31 am by txram » Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2017, 08:44:17 pm »

We won 48-33, shooting 33% to their 25%.  21% from 3 to 4%.  That was the lowest opponent % since Illinois State in Dec, 2013.  Their leading scorer, Scott, averaging 21 points, only had 6.  She was guarded by Holden and later, Cavanaugh.  As a team, UNC was shooting 45%/41% coming into the game and averaging 69 points.  They were 4-0 with wins vs DePaul and LSU and had some t5op 25 votes.

We were up 46-31 on the boards.

We cut down our TOs but still had too many with 17.

Davis had 14 points and 17 boards.

Cavanaugh had 10 points, shooting 33%.

Goulding, with a knee brace, hustled the whole game, pulled down 7 boards, (3 on offense), but only shot 25%.

Holden fouled out with 2 minutes to go.  She had 3 points on 1-8 shooting but her defense on Scott was excellent.

We're 2-2 and next play at Manhattan on Wed.
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 12:27:30 am by txram » Report Spam   Logged
kenman
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2017, 09:12:50 pm »

Thank you, TD. Really appreciated. Go Rams.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2017, 09:22:14 pm »

Here's the SID's writeup:  http://fordhamsports.com/news/2017/11/24/davis-defense-carry-womens-basketball-to-48-33-defeat-of-rv-northern-colorado.aspx
Report Spam   Logged
Belmont Juice
Junior

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2017, 10:16:47 pm »

Yes, me too - thanks tx. I was on the road and unable to follow during the game. Nice to read the details about the win. Much appreciated!
Report Spam   Logged
charlietags
Senior

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2017, 11:54:11 pm »

Thanks guys. Totally forgot. I must do better.  Appreciate you guys picking up my slack.
Report Spam   Logged
ace93
Arbitrary and Capricious Administrator
Raging Lunatic

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2017, 12:24:51 am »

Thanks guys. Totally forgot. I must do better.  Appreciate you guys picking up my slack.

Your slack with what?
Report Spam   Logged

Nothing replaces success in the revenue sports.  Nothing.  That's not to take away from the success in the Olympic sports - they do matter.  It isn't a replacement for success in the flagship sports. - Debbie Yow, AD - NC State
friarsbob1
Freshman

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 11:15:35 am »

We won 48-33, shooting 33% to their 25%.  21% from 3 to 4%.  That was the lowest opponent % since Illinois State in Dec, 2013.  Their leading scorer, Scott, averaging 21 points, only had 6.  She was guarded by Holden and later, Cavanaugh.  As a team, UNC was shooting 45%/41% coming into the game and averaging 69 points.  They were 4-0 with wins vs DePaul and LSU and had some t5op 25 votes.

We were up 46-31 on the boards.

We cut down our TOs but still had too many with 17.

Davis had 14 points and 17 boards.

Cavanaugh had 10 points, shooting 33%.

Goulding, with a knee brace, hustled the whole game, pulled down 7 boards, (3 on offense), but only shot 25%.

Holden fouled out with 2 minutes to go.  She had 3 points on 1-8 shooting but her defense on Scott was excellent.

We're 2-2 and next play at Manhattan on Wed.

Good game by the ladies vs a solid team. Not quite as good as the final score, however. NC entered shooting 40% from three--we play solid defense overall--that is the signature of Gaitley teams. But I do not think we can attribute NC shooting woes to our defense--they were o-25 from three until they hit one in the final minute to end up 1/26. NC moved the ball well on offense and many of those threes were wide open--they just could not hit the proverbial ocean on this night. Otherwise a much closer game which I think we win because these ladies are dynamite down the stretch as the two losses attest. Also need to work on 3pt shots ourselves--21% needs to improve--and will.
Report Spam   Logged
txram
Hall of Famer

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 11:30:06 am »

Good game by the ladies vs a solid team. Not quite as good as the final score, however. NC entered shooting 40% from three--we play solid defense overall--that is the signature of Gaitley teams. But I do not think we can attribute NC shooting woes to our defense--they were o-25 from three until they hit one in the final minute to end up 1/26. NC moved the ball well on offense and many of those threes were wide open--they just could not hit the proverbial ocean on this night. Otherwise a much closer game which I think we win because these ladies are dynamite down the stretch as the two losses attest. Also need to work on 3pt shots ourselves--21% needs to improve--and will.
Can't disagree with any of that.
Report Spam   Logged

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to: